ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by milan69 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:51 am

I am sometimes wrong.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello all,

I will be applying for naturalisation mid January 2015. Can someone please tell me where to fill in my payment method?

Also, re: English test, I have a degree from the University of Nottingham, do I still need to have the degree converted with UK NARIC?

Many thanks in advance.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:56 pm

I am sometimes wrong.

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:19 am

Hi, Can anyone help me,

In the application form 3.5 Address of tax office or tax office reference

Is it HMRC or your emoloyer address/reference

Thanks,
Arif

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:36 am

itsarif wrote:Hi, Can anyone help me,

Thanks,
Arif
Your employer has assigned a tax reference number to your for payroll purpose.
Check your payslip or P60 and you'll find it there.

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:01 am

akhurshid wrote:
itsarif wrote:Hi, Can anyone help me,

Thanks,
Arif
Your employer has assigned a tax reference number to your for payroll purpose.
Check your payslip or P60 and you'll find it there.

Thank you.

Haadi83

Post by Haadi83 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi Everybody,

I am very confused about Documents required in MY CASE. If someone can guide me through that will be great and much appriciated!

I have Permanant Residence Card Granted January 2014 on the basis of EX-Family member of EEA National

I am an NON-EU national came this country 2006 as a student,
Married to an EEA National 2008,
Divorced 2011 and granted Retain of right of Residence in the UK,
And then on the basis of Five Years completing after the Marriage with an EEA National Applied for PRC wchich was granted January 2014 as i mentioned above.
And Then I married to an NON-EU living in NON-EU Country.
Now my question is; There is section in the Naturalization Application asks about if you are married, do i need to give all the details of my current wife even she is not an EU National and never been to UK or any other EU Country. If YES (which is not an issue) then do i need to provide marriage certificate translated in english ???

And also;
SHOULD I APPLY THROUGH NCS or if my situation look complicated then apply via post and provide all other documents including covering letter?

And Should i apply under EEA Rules/option (I am not married to EEA National anymore) ?

Thanks in Advance

naumanch
Newly Registered

Post by naumanch » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:58 pm

hi every one,

i have quick question i got ilr on ten year base and spent 1 year on it now i want to apply naturalization.
my question is i used ilets when i applied hsmp i used ilets which is expired now can i use the expired same ilets for naturalization.
thankx

Sean J
Newly Registered

Post by Sean J » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:33 pm

Dear All,

Need a urgent help, I am filling An form, Do i need to submit the life in Uk and Degree along with Letter from uni and Naric certificate again with application ? I ticked on I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013 as i got my ilr on 3rd jan , 2013.

Please what documents i need to sent along with passports and ilr

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:35 pm

Sean J wrote:Dear All,

Need a urgent help, I am filling An form, Do i need to submit the life in Uk and Degree along with Letter from uni and Naric certificate again with application ? I ticked on I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013 as i got my ilr on 3rd jan , 2013.

Exactly my question too
I have passed the life in uk and I don't have a Uk degree so I don't know if liuk will be enough
Let's hope we get a help from one of the gurus

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:34 am

abBY20 wrote: Exactly my question too
I have passed the life in uk and I don't have a Uk degree so I don't know if liuk will be enough
Let's hope we get a help from one of the gurus
LIUK is not enough fro you. You will also need to prove your level of english.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:40 am

Sean J wrote:Dear All,

If you still have LIUK certificate then you need to send that again and I would include English qualifications as well just in case.

Technically you shouldn't have to send these if you have proved it already but there is no documentation I can find to confirm that so its better to be safe than sorry.

alakbr
Newly Registered

Post by alakbr » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:05 pm

HI GUYS,

I NEED SOME URGENT ADVICE. I HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED MY APPROVAL FOR NATURALISTION. I HAVE THE CEREMONY BOOKED FOR THE 13TH JANUARY 2015. MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE ALREADY GOT TRAVEL PLANS ON THE 20TH JAN 2015. I AM INDIAN AND INDIA DOES NOT HAVE DUAL NATIONALITY AS YOU MUST ALL KNOW.

MY QUERY IS, CAN I STILL ATTEND THE CEREMONY AND THEN TRAVEL ON MY INDIAN PASSPORT AFTER THE CEREMONY AND APPLY FOR BRITISH PASSPORT ONCE I AM BACK? OR WILL I HAVE ISSUES AT THE BORDER?

I DO HAVE TIME UNTIL 16TH MARCH TO GET THE CEREMONY DONE BUT I AM BACK ON THE 2ND MARCH AND THAT LEAVES A VERY TIGHT DEADLINE AND I MAY NEED TO OVERSTAY IN INDIA FOR CERTAIN REASONS AND MAY NOT BE BACK BY 16TH MARCH 2015.

WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS. PLEASE ADVICE ME. REALLY NEED TO KNOW.

THANKS, REALLY APPRECIATE. REGARDS

mrehman
Newly Registered

Fillable Naturalisation Forms AN & MN

Post by mrehman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:36 am

Considering many people on this forum fill AN/MN forms manually it would be good to upload the Editable version of these to this forum. Also appreciate if some one can send me the most recent editable version of both forms at dbapho@yahoo.com.sg as I'm planning to submit my forms this Friday.

Regards,
Mansoor

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:21 am

quick question guys,

Can i apply on the day i got ILR 1 year back so that UKBA gets the application next day.
I am planning to apply thru NCS.

i.e. if i got ILR on 1st Feb 2014, Can i book an appointment for 1st Feb 2015 or shall i wait ?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:17 am

Bingo_123 wrote:quick question guys,

Can i apply on the day i got ILR 1 year back so that UKBA gets the application next day.

i.e. if i got ILR on 1st Feb 2014, Can i book an appointment for 1st Feb 2015 or shall i wait ?
If you got ILR on 1st Feb 2014, your 12 months will be up on 31st of Jan 2015 so technically you can apply on 31st.

Bingo_123

Post by Bingo_123 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:32 am

thank you sir

gvmnt
Newly Registered

Post by gvmnt » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:12 pm

akhurshid wrote:
Bingo_123 wrote:quick question guys,

If you got ILR on 1st Feb 2014, your 12 months will be up on 31st of Jan 2015 so technically you can apply on 31st.
This begs a question - does the NCS office appointment bear any direct impact on the application date? As I understand, the application date technically starts from when the Home Office receives it, which would be a few days later than the NCS appointment.

The only reason I am looking for clarification is that I have traveled quite frequently in the preceding 5 years. My ILR was granted 21 Feb 2014, and with available travel windows in 2010 it's best for me to apply - i.e. "lock" the date of application - prior to 25 Feb 2014, otherwise I probably have to wait another half a year.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:29 pm

NCS has no impact on application whatsoever. All they do is check your application, make photo copies and post your application.
Application date is the date HO receives your application.

gvmnt
Newly Registered

Post by gvmnt » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:13 pm

is there any advantage to applying as a family (2 adults + 2 kids) rather than individually? i guess i am thinking from the perspective of the total fees and also review. I did not seem to see any but another views would much appreciated.

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Haider » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi Guys, I am to about to do the AN form and have the following queries: a) regarding fees: from april 6, 2014, update, there is a AN Naturalisation fee of £906, and ceremony fee (Section 4C registration (ceremony fee only) of £80. Do I have to pay both and at the same time? b) regarding tax code: on my most recent p60, there is no 'tax ref. no.' but these is a 'Employer PAYE(pay as you earn) reference', is this is the tax ref no? Thanks.

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:20 pm

Hello everyone and thanks a lot for you immense help.

I just came from the NSC, the appointment is one to one, so I sat on a desk with a lovely lady and she was checking all of my supporting documents plus my application.

I took photocopies of everything and she told me that part of the service is to make those copies themselves, so now you know it. I probably unwillingly chopped down half of the Amazons to photocopy every single page of every document that I posses. Including EVERY PAGE of my husbands passports (yes, both of them)
Best thing is just to take your originals and they will copy what they need.

They only took the Life in the UK original saying that they will send it back either way.

Regarding the Referees, she asked me if the professional one was the owner of a Limited company, so bare that in mind (I had to ask because I am a complete ignorant on this matters even when I just opened one myself.

Then she pointed out that my husband and I are living in different addresses which some how forced me to explain what happened and she told me that there wasn't necessary to explain but she had a funny face when she asked. Like she wasn't very happy or concerned about that. So now I'm all worried about that.

I printed the last Tax Return but she told me that they don't want online prints, so I had to write on the page 15 that I haven't been earning enough money to own any payments to the HMRC, I do remember paying a penalty for forgetting to press SEND after I finished the last self assessment though, But I paid so I don't have outstanding debts. I suppose that is a good thing? And Added my UTR so they can check this.

She seems to have done everything else for me, like crossing or erasing the point 3.7 and even adding the right amount of money to the pay slip which I left blank because I didn't know if it was 902 or 982. It is indeed, as many of you have pointed out here, 902 and that includes the fee for the ceremony.

I'm not sure what is going to happen, the whole disruption on my marriage over the last year has caused me a lot of troubles no only emotional but as you can see this isn't the ideal situation. I will keep you posted
And please do ask any questions that you think I can answer here now that is fresh in my mind!

Cheers and good weekend!
Pini

pinina
Newly Registered

Post by pinina » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:17 pm

How do you get a copy of your tax return??

I do my self assessment online and even my housemate just told me that when he did it on paper he has never received his self assessment back from HMRC ever, so it is impossible for me to understand why on earth they will ask for your self assessment and not accept the print out from HMRC website?

Anyone explain?

I applied yesterday and gave them my UTR and the lady didn't take my printout so I spent the whole day and night fretting and searching around the house to see if I can send them a document that I don't possess and nobody I know seem to possess either!

This is very confusing!

DNA

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi everyone!

Would appreciate any suggestions or tips for naturalisation application on basis of 3 years
Re: Following Queries

1) Does Home Office require copy of AN application form and copy of supporting documents as well along with original.

2) What supporting documents are required in addition to Passport, residence permit.

3) For language and knowledge, I assume LIUK and NARIC English Language assessment is required for non UK Degree Holders. I have non UK Degree and I had my ILR and LIUK before 28/10/2013. So what would I need in terms of knowledge and language. Secondly English assessment only confirms medium of teaching whereas HO also needs UK equivalent degree standard which I am not sure whether language assessment would cover it or not.

4) What can be attached to show proof of 3 years residence and work in UK e.g. P60, Council Tax Bill etc. I don not think HO requires another residential or tax proof in my case.

5) Just a general Question, is it mandatory to have valid passport for naturalisation application.

Thanks folks!

DNA

Post by DNA » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi everyone!

Would appreciate any suggestions or tips for naturalisation application on basis of 3 years
Re: Following Queries

1) Does Home Office require copy of AN application form and copy of supporting documents as well along with original.

2) What supporting documents are required in addition to Passport, residence permit.

3) For language and knowledge, I assume LIUK and NARIC English Language assessment is required for non UK Degree Holders. I have non UK Degree and I had my ILR and LIUK before 28/10/2013. So what would I need in terms of knowledge and language. Secondly English assessment only confirms medium of teaching whereas HO also needs UK equivalent degree standard which I am not sure whether language assessment would cover it or not.

4) What can be attached to show proof of 3 years residence and work in UK e.g. P60, Council Tax Bill etc. I don not think HO requires another residential or tax proof in my case.

5) Just a general Question, is it mandatory to have valid passport for naturalisation application.

Thanks folks!