ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nplheart
Newly Registered

Visa Refused

Post by nplheart » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:52 pm

Dear forum members, readers

Here is my timeline:
PSW Route: 50000: Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Application made: First week of September
Interview: Mid November
Refusal: End of December

Reasons;
1. The first refusal is in relation to the availability of £50000. I told them in interview that the money has been accumulating into my account over a period of time and that it was my own money. I supplied them a bank statement that covered 1 MONTH with the starting balance of about 41000. I had in fact been saving the money over a course of time and was not deposited in bulk. However, I submitted only a month's of statement.
2. The second refusal is in relation to contract provided. I had not mentioned in the contract about the fee I would be charging my client and they raised the issue about it. However, the agreement regarding fee was verbally made with the client and the invoice clearly stated the rates.
3. Market Research: I had narrowed down my research and told them in my interview that there were 50 similar businesses in my area. I had based this on a particular website (which I gave the link too in my business plan). They checked on yell.com and said it doesnt match the figure i mentioned during interview.
4. No experience letter and did not utilise my PSW to operate my business

Any expert advice would be of tremendous help to me. Please advise me if I have enough grounds to defend my case
I have also decided to lodge an appeal and any recommendation about a good solicitor would also be appraised.

Thanking you in advance

Hope145

Re: Visa Refused

Post by Hope145 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:43 pm

nplheart wrote:Dear forum members, readers

Here is my timeline:
PSW Route: 50000: Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Application made: First week of September
Interview: Mid November
Refusal: End of December

Reasons;
1. The first refusal is in relation to the availability of £50000. I told them in interview that the money has been accumulating into my account over a period of time and that it was my own money. I supplied them a bank statement that covered 1 MONTH with the starting balance of about 41000. I had in fact been saving the money over a course of time and was not deposited in bulk. However, I submitted only a month's of statement.
2. The second refusal is in relation to contract provided. I had not mentioned in the contract about the fee I would be charging my client and they raised the issue about it. However, the agreement regarding fee was verbally made with the client and the invoice clearly stated the rates.
3. Market Research: I had narrowed down my research and told them in my interview that there were 50 similar businesses in my area. I had based this on a particular website (which I gave the link too in my business plan). They checked on yell.com and said it doesnt match the figure i mentioned during interview.
4. No experience letter and did not utilise my PSW to operate my business

Any expert advice would be of tremendous help to me. Please advise me if I have enough grounds to defend my case
I have also decided to lodge an appeal and any recommendation about a good solicitor would also be appraised.

Thanking you in advance
Make the refusal points clear, what are the refusal wordings/reasons? Difficult to get advice with unclear information. Anyway it appears the reasons may be challenged but point two appears tricky. Can't think of a business/service contract document that doesn't have a fee, I could be wrong though. Well, it is your business therefore if you can prove to HO the reason why you didnot include a fee that will help.

nplheart
Newly Registered

Post by nplheart » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:42 pm

Dear Hope145,

Thank you for your reply.

The payment clause in my contract states that the customer will be charged according to the existing rates of the company. The prices were verbally agreed upon and the invoice shows the rates charged.

nplheart
Newly Registered

Post by nplheart » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:58 pm

Anyone please share your ideas for me to defend as I have lodged my appeal.

I am particularly concerned with their objection that I have not set fees in my contract.

Expecting some feedbacks from gurus and forum members.

Sohail Alvi
Pakistan

Post by Sohail Alvi » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:09 pm

hi i got exactly the same points for refusal. call me on my no 07400908036. i will discuss with you the rest.