ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police caution impact Tier 2 dependant visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ganesh123
Newly Registered

Police caution impact Tier 2 dependant visa

Post by ganesh123 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:03 am

Advice needed-

I came to UK in Jan 2011 under student dependent visa. I received a police caution in March 2011 for shoplifting-I will regret this all my life...
I renewed my visa in Jan 2012 under PBS Dependent (tier 2) visa without declaring this caution as the law did not consider cautions that time. I will be applying for the same Tier 2 PBS dependent visa this month.
Should I declare this police caution anywhere in my application? [size=150]How does this 4 year old simple police caution affect my prospects of getting a visa?[/size]
Should I mention this caution and leave it or offer documents showing that I have been volunteering, studing, working etc in the last 4 years or just mention this caution in one line and leave it?

I am very worried and will appreciate any advice..

Thanks you

ganesh123
Newly Registered

Re: Police caution impact Tier 2 dependant visa

Post by ganesh123 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:10 pm

75 views and no replies :|

morenikeji
Newly Registered

Post by morenikeji » Thu May 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Hi Ganesh,

I am in a similar situation, please what was the outcome of your application? Kindly assist as this is a peculiar situation and we need people with actual experience to advice.

Purdamit

Post by Purdamit » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:17 am

ganesh123 wrote:Advice needed-

I came to UK in Jan 2011 under student dependent visa. I received a police caution in March 2011 for shoplifting-I will regret this all my life...
I renewed my visa in Jan 2012 under PBS Dependent (tier 2) visa without declaring this caution as the law did not consider cautions that time. I will be applying for the same Tier 2 PBS dependent visa this month.
Should I declare this police caution anywhere in my application? [size=150]How does this 4 year old simple police caution affect my prospects of getting a visa?[/size]
Should I mention this caution and leave it or offer documents showing that I have been volunteering, studing, working etc in the last 4 years or just mention this caution in one line and leave it?

I am very worried and will appreciate any advice..

Thanks you
i would recommend to mention the caution and as it is 4 years old you should be fine

Purdamit

Post by Purdamit » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:18 am

morenikeji wrote:Hi Ganesh,

I am in a similar situation, please what was the outcome of your application? Kindly assist as this is a peculiar situation and we need people with actual experience to advice.
most people come here for help and get help and they dont post the outcome which might help lot more people.