ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delayed salary and payslips

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beatboy

Delayed salary and payslips

Post by beatboy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:09 pm

My wife and I are applying for the settlement visa from Ecuador at the end of January. I´m the sponsor working in Ecuador and we plan to apply under Cat A combined with D (savings) since I fall short of the salary threshold. Our savings, held in our accounts for over 6 months, combined with my salary mean we can meet the income requirements

However, I have an issue with my monthly pay. I've worked for the same organization in Ecuador for almost three years. It is a charity and in the last 5 months we have had our own financial crisis due to a lack of funding. This has resulted in me not getting paid for almost three months. Things have only now started to improve and I have just received October's pay and I have been promised that November and December's will be paid this month also. I've also been guaranteed that I will be paid January's salary on time at the end of the month. All of these payments will take place on different days as money trickles in for the organization.

I'm worried how this will look in our application as there is no way to avoid that I will be receiving four seperate monthly salary payments in my bank account in January. I´m planning on asking our HR department to write a letter fully explaining the situation and confirming the dates I get paid. Also, my work have said they will be able to produce special payslips just for me that show the date that the pay was entered into my account (normally our payslips do not include a transaction date, just the month it corresponds to). I was also thinking about including 12 payslips rather than 6, just in case.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and could recommend any other advice? Also, if my January pay isn't paid on time at the end of January, would my December payslip be accepted as the last one since it will be less than 28 days old? Thanks a lot.

beatboy

Re: Delayed salary and payslips

Post by beatboy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:54 pm

Bump. Help appreciated

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:11 pm

beatboy wrote:Bump. Help appreciated
Is payslip already given to you for same months.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:32 pm

May be their explanations might help and the ECO might be considerate. You can try and explain the whole thing as well. I don't think I've come across something like this before. Hope the moderators will share a similar experience.

beatboy

Post by beatboy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Rayking wrote:May be their explanations might help and the ECO might be considerate. You can try and explain the whole thing as well. I don't think I've come across something like this before. Hope the moderators will share a similar experience.
Yes I realise this is an odd one. My work are very supportive with my application as they want me to continue working for them from the UK after the visa is approved so they are willing to provide as much evidence as possible. Good idea also for me to write a letter explaining the situation as well. Also there is evidence online as this whole crisis with my organization made international online news so perhaps I could include a few links as well to those articles.

beatboy

Post by beatboy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:27 pm

maniani wrote:
beatboy wrote:Bump. Help appreciated
Is payslip already given to you for same months.[/quot

I have payslips for every month I've been paid. Sometimes on time, sometimes not on time. And when I apply at the end of Jan I will have a) all my payslips up to date and b) all by salaries up to date