ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help a confused mind!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jgorf

Please help a confused mind!

Post by Jgorf » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:29 am

Hello great people of this forum. Please I need your advise.

I will be applying for PR after ROR end of Febuary 2015

I have just remarried and would like to change my last name to my husbands lastname. This mean I will need to apply for a new passport to reflect the new name. I intend doing this before putting in my PR application

I need to know what impact this will have on my upcoming PR PR application. In the sense that my new passport will bear my husbands last name and my existing RC /old passport bearing my maiden name

Is it better to wait to get PR before changing my passport to reflect the new name?. Even though I will like my new name to appear on my PR. This will mean the PR will have my maiden name and then passport husbands name. Not sure what issues this will cause. Another point to note is that I will be sponsoring my husband to join me in the UK after I have received my PR. So would prefer to take the best approach that wouldn't affect his own application later on.

Please I hope my question is clear enough.

Please advise , I will highly appreciate any advise

Many thanks

uk2005

Re: Please help a confused mind!

Post by uk2005 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:27 am

Wait for PR than change name will be less complication
BC 7/5/2015(NCS)
HO received 8/5/2015
Biometric done 1/6/2015
Appoval 31/10/2015
Ceremony 03/11/2015
Never give up hope!

Jgorf

Post by Jgorf » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:28 am

uk2005 wrote:Wait for PR than change name will be less complication
If I change name after PR, my new passport will bear a new name and the name on the PR different. Wouldn't that cause a lot more concussion? And does that mean I will have to then reapply for PR for the new name to reflect on it.

I really want to do take the best action . Please any advise will be highly appreciated.

Anyone with similar experience?

Jgorf

Post by Jgorf » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:05 pm

Any advise ?

Anyone with a similar experience?