ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peace84

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by peace84 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:46 pm

Can anyone tell how HO prioritised the application as I applied on 1st sept 2014 and still waiting, however I can see randomly September approvals are coming and don’t understand why this out of order.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:53 pm

shahfurqan wrote:Congratulations to all those fellows who got their approvals today,keep us remember in your prays.@maddy told you couple of days before that we will have some approvals. :D :D
Yes mate I want all separate applicants getting their approval so poo.

@Joanie are you on tracker .? Congrats ...

3 approvals today it's nice ....We need more

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:02 pm

Thanks Arsal & Shahfurqan for prompt reply,
I didn't pay attention on page 28 as far as I know clicked on box but forgot to read full statement :roll: . Let's wait, doesn't look big issue to me as Shahfurqan mentioned earlier. Keep calm and think positive ........ Pray for me guys...

Kind Regards,

Saleem

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:06 pm

shahfurqan wrote:Congratulations to all those fellows who got their approvals today,keep us remember in your prays.@maddy told you couple of days before that we will have some approvals. :D :D
Yes mate I want all september applicants getting their approval soon

@Joanie are you on tracker .? Congrats ...

3 approvals today it's nice ....We need more
Last edited by maddysheffield on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sa428
Newly Registered

Post by sa428 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:44 pm

dear members
infact i am getting frustrated. these people r making here look like paradise.or heaven. if they want us to go . they should tell us . waiting is more stressful than doing a runner.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:53 pm

sa428 wrote:dear members
infact i am getting frustrated. these people r making here look like paradise.or heaven. if they want us to go . they should tell us . waiting is more stressful than doing a runner.

OH whats happening here :-) , Sa428 please don't take this personal but its our decision to live here pal no one came and asked us to come and settle here :-)

I totally agree its so frustrating but believe me things will be better soon don't let this frustration affect your work and personal life .... you did great job living here 10 years just and reached milestone ...........you are in final stage mate things will be better soon ;-)

Good luck .

samu140

Post by samu140 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:39 pm

I received my ILR on 19/12/14 , I applied on 27/08/14 based on (10 years) Can somebody update Google drive plz
Keep Updating

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:19 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
sa428 wrote:dear members

OH whats happening here :-) , Sa428 please don't take this personal but its our decision to live here pal no one came and asked us to come and settle here :-)

I totally agree its so frustrating but believe me things will be better soon don't let this frustration affect your work and personal life .... you did great job living here 10 years just and reached milestone ...........you are in final stage mate things will be better soon ;-)

Good luck .
The beauty of this forum is that u get reassuarance that u r not alone in ypur quest for freedom. If any member is feeling stressed please be rest assured we r a law abiding family :D

assaad88
Newly Registered

Post by assaad88 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:52 am

Hello everybody ,,,

In advance many thanks to anyone can answer my question .

I am from Mosul- Iraq ... Refugee and granteed 5 years ... I applied for ILR on November and I did send my Biometric on Novemver as well ....
I am just asking ,,, guys how long do you think I will wait the decision ? does the biometric means they decided? or just normal progress?

Once agian many thanks to anyone will reply my enquiry :roll:

assaad88
Newly Registered

Post by assaad88 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:57 am

Hello everybody ,,,

In advance many thanks to anyone can answer my question .

I am from Mosul- Iraq ... Refugee and granteed 5 years ... I applied for ILR on November and I did send my Biometric on Novemver as well ....
I am just asking ,,, guys how long do you think I will wait the decision ? does the biometric means they decided? or just normal progress?

Once agian many thanks to anyone will reply my enquiry :roll:

nazar5
Newly Registered

Post by nazar5 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:08 am

Hello and Good Morning to all,

I am new to this forum and just want to thank the person who has created such a lovely forum where people can get the required information and it sound like you are talking to your family member for guidance. Its so caring and supportive.

I have applied for 10 years long residency on 18/09/2014 ack, done, biometrice done and waiting to for the final approval letters.

Thanks once again for proving such amazing opportunity.

BS84
Newly Registered

Post by BS84 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:00 am

Hi everybody, I have been in the UK legally since December 2001. I initially came on a visitor's visa and then switched to a study visa after which I was here as an international student until 2008.

After graduating from university I applied for the 2 year working permit. I then got married to an EU citizen (Sweden) and got the 5 year residency permit.

In February, it will be 5 years since we have been married and under the EU law, I am eligible to apply for the permanent resident card (EEA 3 form).

Despite all this my husband and I are weighing up whether I should proceed to apply for my long term residence under the UK law (for anyone who has been here legally for 10 years) or for the permanent EU visa.

We are wishing to seek a solicitor's advice on the best way to go about this, but posting on a discussion forum such as this one seems to be the logical first step before we start paying money for advice that may already be quite obvious to some experienced users on here.

Thanks in advance for any insight or advice anybody can provide on here!

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:14 am

BS84 wrote:Hi everybody, I have been in the UK legally since December 2001. I initially came on a visitor's visa and then switched to a study visa after which I was here as an international student until 2008.

After graduating from university I applied for the 2 year working permit. I then got married to an EU citizen (Sweden) and got the 5 year residency permit.

In February, it will be 5 years since we have been married and under the EU law, I am eligible to apply for the permanent resident card (EEA 3 form).

Despite all this my husband and I are weighing up whether I should proceed to apply for my long term residence under the UK law (for anyone who has been here legally for 10 years) or for the permanent EU visa.

We are wishing to seek a solicitor's advice on the best way to go about this, but posting on a discussion forum such as this one seems to be the logical first step before we start paying money for advice that may already be quite obvious to some experienced users on here.

Thanks in advance for any insight or advice anybody can provide on here!
Firstly It would be EEA4 not EEA3. As eea3 is for eu nationals and eea4 for non eu nationals.
And if your husband has been exercising treaty rights in the past 5 years then best option is to go for eea4 Also you will save on eea4 as compared to SET LR which is £55 for eea4 and £1093 for SET LR. The application processing time is nearly same for both routes.

Desi Pakora
Newly Registered

Post by Desi Pakora » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:18 am

Dear Friends,

First of all, many thanks for your best wishes :D :D .... I am still over the moon 8) 8)

Here is my timeline:

Application sent: 29/08/2014
Acknowledgement received: 07/09/2014
Biometric letter received: 25/09/2014
Biometric recorded: 25/09/2014
Approval date: 09/01/2015
Docs received: 10/01/2015
BRP: Waiting

Never applied through solicitor. I think if your case is simple there is no need of solicitor (money making machines).

Never made any call to home office ( I thought no use of it).

This forum was not only helpful but entertaining as well, which made me laugh several times... :lol: :lol:

I wish all of you from core of my heart that you all get fast approval .....

Once again thank you

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:19 pm

@imraniqbal2010
Yes I believe that eea3 residence card should work to prove that EU national was exercising treaty rights and sending it with covering letter may boost the process of your case.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

shabz47
Newly Registered

Post by shabz47 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:28 pm

sheraz7 wrote:@imraniqbal2010
Yes I believe that eea3 residence card should work to prove that EU national was exercising treaty rights and sending it with covering letter may boost the process of your case.
@sheraz EEA3 card means the 5 year residency visa u mean as when i applied i got eea3 visa on my passport i didnt get card
they stick residency permit sticker on my passport which is valid till 2017.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:13 pm

peace84 wrote:Can anyone tell how HO prioritised the application as I applied on 1st sept 2014 and still waiting, however I can see randomly September approvals are coming and don’t understand why this out of order.
@peace,mate cases are allocated to different case workers according to date order and then it totally depends upon the case workers how quickly they decide and it also depends upon the complexity of the case as if the case is really straight forward then there are huge chances of getting decide quickly.There is no way HO is randomly picking applications and sending approvals so please be patience and pray for us all too.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:39 pm

shabz47 wrote:
@sheraz EEA3 card means the 5 year residency visa u mean as when i applied i got eea3 visa on my passport i didnt get card
You must have eea2 rc not eea3 which is a confirmation of PR status of EU national and the same also proves that EU national has already exercised its treaty rights which applies to imraniqbal case. In your case you just send the treaty rights evidences equivalent to period when you lived as family members of EU national. To exactly know that what documents need from self employed EU national then simply refer to the eea2/eea4 form especially the section called documents because the same documents can be sent regarding treaty rights along with set lr.

NOTE:
Above advise is only for those who have spent part of their time as the family member of EU national (eea2 holder) and they are now proceeding to long residence ilr application. Therefore, all other members don't confuse themselves as described above because they only need the same few documents which on several occasions the members have discussed.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:52 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
shabz47 wrote:
You must have eea2 rc not eea3 which is a confirmation of PR status of EU national and the same also proves that EU national has already exercised its treaty rights which applies to imraniqbal case. In your case you just send the treaty rights evidences equivalent to period when you lived as family members of EU national. To exactly know that what documents need from self employed EU national then simply refer to the eea2/eea4 form especially the section called documents because the same documents can be sent regarding treaty rights along with set lr.

NOTE:
Above advise is only for those who have spent part of their time as the family member of EU national (eea2 holder) and they are now proceeding to long residence ilr application. Therefore, all other members don't confuse themselves as described above because they only need the same few documents which on several occasions the members have discussed.
Thank you Sheraz for your reply. I will send My Mrs EEA3 card and her UK passport along with covering letter first thing tomorrow.
Also if anyone knows at what address additional documents should be sent for SET LR application.

Khan1980

Re: 10 years long residence applications and EU Family Membe

Post by Khan1980 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:08 pm

Dear Moderator...

I would appreciate any help on this forum regarding my case. As I observe every one have slightly different circumstances for their case.

I am planning to apply for ILR (long Residence) in Apr as my 10 years lawful residence will be completed by then.

5 Years as Student
2 Years on PSW
Almost 3 Years and 6 Month as Unmarried Partner of EU Citizen granted Resident Permit on basis of relationship.

I am employed for and have descent Salary.
As far as I understand I do need to prove that my EU partner exercising treaty rights.

She had WRC back in 2010 , She was partially self employed and and currently part time employed since Dec 2013 and was house wife as we have three years old child since we are together.

We do live together and I am main supporting person in terms of expenses.

I have all my passports during 10 years , Mater degree taught in English , P60's and Payslips through out.

Would last three Bank Statements and Payslips and possibly one P60 from her employ would be sufficient to prove that she is exercising treaty rights or Do I to provide a covering letter about her Self Employment and period she wasnt working with the reason.

I would appreciate any help on this case.

luckyadeel78
Newly Registered

Post by luckyadeel78 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:15 am

Dear Friends,

I am new on this forum, Please add my details on the Database !

Here is my timeline:

Application sent: 31/10/2014
Acknowledgement received: 03/11/2014
Biometric letter received: 20/11/2014
Biometric recorded: 21/11/2014
Approval date: waiting.......
Docs received: waiting ...
BRP: Waiting

thanks

ADEEL

baba JJ

Re: 10 years long residence applications and EU Family Membe

Post by baba JJ » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:48 am

Khan1980 wrote:Dear Moderator...

I would appreciate any help on this forum regarding my case. As I observe every one have slightly different circumstances for their case.

I am planning to apply for ILR (long Residence) in Apr as my 10 years lawful residence will be completed by then.

5 Years as Student
2 Years on PSW
Almost 3 Years and 6 Month as Unmarried Partner of EU Citizen granted Resident Permit on basis of relationship.

I am employed for and have descent Salary.
As far as I understand I do need to prove that my EU partner exercising treaty rights.

She had WRC back in 2010 , She was partially self employed and and currently part time employed since Dec 2013 and was house wife as we have three years old child since we are together.

We do live together and I am main supporting person in terms of expenses.

I have all my passports during 10 years , Mater degree taught in English , P60's and Payslips through out.

Would last three Bank Statements and Payslips and possibly one P60 from her employ would be sufficient to prove that she is exercising treaty rights or Do I to provide a covering letter about her Self Employment and period she wasnt working with the reason.

I would appreciate any help on this case.
If you are applying via the Set (LR) you will only need the following :

Passport with all your visas
2 x photographs
Application form
biometric card
Life in the UK test certificate
English Language competence or Degree Certifacate
£1,093 Application fee
No income statements required

U can incorporate a cover letter with your application quoting the letters of law, however, the application form is adequate on its own

Alternative option is that since u have been an Unmarried partner visa FLR (M) u could extend it to Set(M) However, the HO appears at times to require to see a Marriage certificate as the Unmarried status was assumed to lead to Marriage ultimately. For better clarity suggest also posting your question on the Set (M) forum so u can get some pointers from experts

For me the 10 year Route is a more straight forward option for you

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:13 am

Morning guys..

Quink question.

When you get approval letter does Ho send it In normal post ?
I know it sends ur docs in the enovelope we provide....

But when you get all together do they still send in different envelopes?

Big week hope all dreams come true

effell007

Post by effell007 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:59 am

Hi All,
For some reason I do not see my name in timeline which appeared last week. Could some one please add me on the time line. Dates are as below:

Application sent: 29 Sep 2014
Confirmation received: 2 Oct 2014
Bio-metric invitation received: 18 Nov 2014
Biometric done: 26 Nov 2014

Awaiting approval.
Background: Varying application from tier 1 ent. [psw] (2 years wait no result). Application fees not refunded yet!!
All applications made on time.
Does anyone know when applicant receive the previous application fees back when do a varying application.

effell007

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:04 am

effell007 wrote:Hi All,
For some reason I do not see my name in timeline which appeared last week. Could some one please add me on the time line. Dates are as below:

Application sent: 29 Sep 2014
Confirmation received: 2 Oct 2014
Bio-metric invitation received: 18 Nov 2014
Biometric done: 26 Nov 2014

Awaiting approval.
Background: Varying application from tier 1 ent. [psw] (2 years wait no result). Application fees not refunded yet!!
All applications made on time.
Does anyone know when applicant receive the previous application fees back when do a varying application.

effell007

Hi

My case is same like urs. I varied my application after waiting for almost 16 months But Four Months early before completion of my 10 years. My ten years have been completed now. They didn't return fees yet and also they didn't send me Biometrics letter as well. It has been four months now. Only documents they have asked me last month was proof that i didn't travel outside since submitting my tier 1 application and proofs of residential address.

6 years student and two years Psw
then Tier 1 Application ( No result)
applied ILR Long 10 ( Four Months Early)

I was told they will use old application biometrics and i will recieve previous application fees.

Good luck

Ramos