ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR as T4 or T2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sancha

ILR as T4 or T2

Post by sancha » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:15 pm

All,
I am completing 10 years this year and will apply for ILR on long residency basis. There is no complication in my 10 years legal stay (as far as I know). I am not a lucky person and always got the things after a lot of hard work and odds. I came here in 2005 on work permit. Due to redundancy I switch over to Student visa in 2009. I remained on student visa until 2011 and then switched to Tier-2 visa. In 2013 employer licence revoked and I changed my visa to Student visa. So I am currently on student visa valid until next three years. Now my employer (where I work part time ) wants to give me Tier-2 sponsorship to take me in full time employment. In brief history is as below:
2005 to 2009 - work permit
2009 to 2011 - student visa
2011 to 2013 - Tier -2 visa
2013 to 2018 - Tier 4 visa
You can see the bad luck in the above history. People get normally ilr in one or two tier 2 job but this is not the case with me.
I want some advise from you as below:

1) would it be useful for my ILR application if I switch to Tier-2 now and then apply ILR as I have option to switch over from Tier-4 to Tier-2?

2) My one kid is going to be 18 soon (currently tier-4 dependant visa valid until 2018 same as me) . She completed here 9 years as my dependant here. How I can apply her dependant visa when I will get my ILR as she would be over 18 and can not apply on her own basis of long term residency (would be short about 6 months in completing 10 years on her own basis)?

3) I think spouse and other kid (under 18) can apply on FLR (M) form after I get my ILR- please correct me if I am wrong.

Your help in advising me would be much appreciated.

Obie
Ireland

Re: ILR as T4 or T2

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:47 pm

The one under 18 can apply in his/her own right on the basis of the private life accrued in this country, as he/she appears to have spend half of his life in the UK.

You could switch to Tier 2, and your wife will apply under FLR(M) , once you acquire ILR, if you can show you earn 18.6 K.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sancha

Post by sancha » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:14 am

Thanks,
The issue for me is for Kid who are going to be over 18. How can I apply her/his (over 18) leave to remain as my dependant after getting my ILR?
Wife and child under 18 have no problem and I can apply their leave to remain when I get my ILR as we can fulfil financial requirements of flr(m). Please, can senior members advise me on the process of my child's leave to remain who will be over 18 after my ilr?

sancha

Post by sancha » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:15 am

Thanks,
The issue for me is for Kid who are going to be over 18. How can I apply her/his (over 18) leave to remain as my dependant after getting my ILR?
Wife and child under 18 have no problem and I can apply their leave to remain when I get my ILR as we can fulfil financial requirements of flr(m). Please, can senior members advise me on the process of my child's leave to remain who will be over 18 after my ilr?

sancha

Post by sancha » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:16 am

Thanks, The issue for me is for Kid who are going to be over 18. How can I apply her/his (over 18) leave to remain as my dependant after getting my ILR?

sancha

Post by sancha » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:49 am

Hello Obie & Senior member, please advise the route of leave to remain for over 18 child after my ILR.
Should I postpone my ILR application under my child (over 18 ) completed 10 years for ILR (own basis)?
Thanks in advance