ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

weeman1978

Re: September 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by weeman1978 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Gladwing wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum and have been going through the posts for few days. I applied for naturalisation on the 9th of September at hillingdon council and got acknowledgement in a weeks time. But I am still waiting for my naturalisation. I called up ukba this morning but the lady who picked up the phone said I need to wait till march as only after 6 months they will be able to check the progress! It is unfortunate that our applications are getting delayed. In my case the application was pretty straight fwd but the only thing that is lingering in my mind is that I did fill my pcn ( penalty charge notification) numbers and details as I had couple of traffic violations (very minor like bus lane entry etc) which the lady at NCS service insisted that I need to fill in ..probably because of that they wanted to do additional chicks I am not sure..thought it I will just join the forum as it now concerns me as all my fairness who applied same time and even after me got their approvals already now. Happy for them but just don't know the fate of my application. Thanks for creating this thread it has been very useful one!

You are not alone ,september 11 i applied and never heard from them and its almoust 4 months now , if you check the december applicants they are approving application in 2 weeks and 2 days time. Whats the diffirence bet US? Only GOD knows.

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:16 pm

:) I have applied on 11 sept 2014 as well friends and nothing heard from them, everybody woke up again after Christmas and New Year :)
Good luck everyone

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:42 pm

weeman1978 wrote: You are not alone ,september 11 i applied and never heard from them and its almoust 4 months now , if you check the december applicants they are approving application in 2 weeks and 2 days time. Whats the diffirence bet US? Only GOD knows.
It's like this every month... about 70% get approved in 4-5 weeks and the remaining 30% are in for the long haul... unfortunately we are in the 30%!

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:28 pm

cmpic wrote:
weeman1978 wrote: You are not alone ,september 11 i applied and never heard from them and its almoust 4 months now , if you check the december applicants they are approving application in 2 weeks and 2 days time. Whats the diffirence bet US? Only GOD knows.
It's like this every month... about 70% get approved in 4-5 weeks and the remaining 30% are in for the long haul... unfortunately we are in the 30%!
I olso observed that my friend, its PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE that they Treat our application as equal, how can they decide an application for just 2 weeks while other in 6 months?or more? I have a good feeling that they pick a random 30% to be dealt on later on maybe 3 or 4 months after we apply to keep them going as they probably short staff because i believe that if they Check my name on any background check since september they probably have answer in 2 months time the most.

hunanuk
Newly Registered

Post by hunanuk » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi, one of my friends got approval letter within 2 months. even she has points on her driving license, it is not an issue.
Gladwing wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum and have been going through the posts for few days. I applied for naturalisation on the 9th of September at hillingdon council and got acknowledgement in a weeks time. But I am still waiting for my naturalisation. I called up ukba this morning but the lady who picked up the phone said I need to wait till march as only after 6 months they will be able to check the progress! It is unfortunate that our applications are getting delayed. In my case the application was pretty straight fwd but the only thing that is lingering in my mind is that I did fill my pcn ( penalty charge notification) numbers and details as I had couple of traffic violations (very minor like bus lane entry etc) which the lady at NCS service insisted that I need to fill in ..probably because of that they wanted to do additional chicks I am not sure..thought it I will just join the forum as it now concerns me as all my fairness who applied same time and even after me got their approvals already now. Happy for them but just don't know the fate of my application. Thanks for creating this thread it has been very useful one!

cov

Post by cov » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:14 am

almost 4 month and still nothing, My friend applied for naturalization on 20/10/14 and he got approval on 15/12/14, so I don't really get that !!!!!!! :o :o

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:50 am

there are people who applied earlier in the year than us and still have no news - just look at the posts in the Feb, May and July threads... so be prepared to wait for another few months :cry:

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:27 pm

fellas.... :D
seems we have all given up to fate...innit?:)

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:01 pm

there are some approvals starting to trickle in for people who applied way before us. Gives me hope that we will receive something in the next 6 months. I was hoping to vote in the general election... :-)

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:04 am

From today fifth month started four months gone in wait of approval still no reply from HO really annoying others receiving within a month now

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:05 am

From today fifth month started four months gone in wait of approval still no reply from HO really annoying others receiving within a month now

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:12 pm

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-596619

See above link. According to HO, approved September applications were approved in 52 days, on average. They don’t say however what % was approved.

There is also a new request for July-Aug applications which asks about % approved but HO haven’t responded yet (they have until 5 Feb). Will watch that one..let's see how close to 99% they are.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-603405

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Some interesting read there.

cov

Post by cov » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:19 pm

Annex D to chapter 18

Section 1: Introduction

1.1 Purpose of Instruction

The purpose of this instruction is to explain how the good character requirement is
assessed in relevant nationality applications.
This guidance applies to all decisions taken on or after 11 December 2014.

9.5 Illegal Entry

In circumstances where an applicant entered the UK illegally, an application for
citizenship should normally be refused for a period of 10 years from the date of entry, if
it is known. If it is not known, the period of 10 years starts from the date on which the
person first brought themselves to or came to the attention of the Home Office.

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:36 pm

I guess that is from here. Scared me at first, but doesn't seem that bad...

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersion.pdf

Anoolka
Newly Registered

Post by Anoolka » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:30 pm

Hello,

I am so happy I found this forum as this waiting is unbearable. Every day checking my post like an OCD person. I applied 21/09 as EU Citizen (without PR) and still nothing:/
How are the EU citizens doing? Any progress? Btw, my Russian friend got his approval in 3 months (he applied mid August).

weeman1978

Post by weeman1978 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:32 pm

Anoolka wrote:Hello,

I am so happy I found this forum as this waiting is unbearable. Every day checking my post like an OCD person. I applied 21/09 as EU Citizen (without PR) and still nothing:/
How are the EU citizens doing? Any progress? Btw, my Russian friend got his approval in 3 months (he applied mid August).
Welcome annolka waiting really is very painful what can we do specially if you are seeing application being aproved after 2 weeks and 2 days only while here we are going in the 6 months journey .Did you try calling them for any updates?.

Cadix1976
Newly Registered

Post by Cadix1976 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:36 am

Application Timeline :24/09/2014
Eligibility criteria: 2 Year Married to bc+1 year ILR
Method of application: NCS Croydon
Date of receipt by UKBA: 26/09/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement letter:06/10/2014
Payment Method: Debit Card
Date of debit of fees: 05/10/2014
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of Ceremony: awaiting

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:02 am

I requested for the return of my travel documents on the 6th of january, though hoping this was going to get them to at least look at my case and approve my application..but I was wrong. I was just sent back my travel documents which I had requested for :? ...

:D anyway life continues at least I have my travel documents.

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Hello gays to just let u know about the delay of our applications I am just doing a copy n paste of someone post from other naturalisation timeline here we go

Hi All,
7 Months today and I have got a reply from my MP. He received a letter from HO regarding my application and attached the copy for me with the reason for delay: " We were instructed to place cases on hold during the Independent Chief Inspector's (ICI) report. The Independent Chief Inspector's report of 11 December 2014 highlighted that some individuals had not been subjects to sufficient scrutiny in relation to their immigration history. We have now revised our guidance and are looking at those cases in detail to assess the impact these changes will have on the outcome of the application for British Citizenship. Due to additional checks required these cases will take a little longer to consider..."
I think this is another standard response...my application met the deadline just about the time when the report came out so it was delayed anyway and also I still believe that it is a straight forward application.

Good luck everyone!

amjadboby

Post by amjadboby » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:19 pm

amjadboby wrote:No approval for ages :( September timeline got jammed for so many days nobody getting approval, what happened to the home office?? I think it's because of the news on bbc regarding the british passport a man who got passport after murder in his own country, home office is slow down after that lol
As I mentioned that time same happened my predictions were absolutely right

chet_morton
Newly Registered

Post by chet_morton » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:56 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + 1 year PR
Language criteria met : LIUK & Points accrued by Tier1/PR application for University
Current nationality: was Indian now British
Method of application: Agent
Date of application: 09/09/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: DC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 09/09/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 15/09/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 24/09/2014
Date approval received: 14/11/2014
Date of ceremony: 11/12/2014
Passport Interview: 17/12/2014
Passport Arrival: 18/12/2014

Cadix1976
Newly Registered

Post by Cadix1976 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:51 pm

akhurshid wrote:Some interesting read there.
Does anyone knows how to contact home office by email thanks

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:27 am

Cadix1976 wrote:
akhurshid wrote:Some interesting read there.
Does anyone knows how to contact home office by email thanks
Their email address is on the acknowledgement letter you received.

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:28 am

Another interesting one. Open the PDF to see the tables.
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-602965

According to this, 8.7% of AN applicants received their approvals in the 4th month. We are technically in our 4th months if doing apples to apples with this table (there is month zero in the table) - ie we haven't had 5 full months since application.

Also interestingly, 95% of AN applications were approved in the first 4 months... So hopefully most of us are on the home stretch.