ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Careful when selecting place to receive certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

T1ilr

Careful when selecting place to receive certificate

Post by T1ilr » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:53 pm

Hello,

Thought I will share this experience for the benefit of others.

I live in Leicester and choose to go for NCS at Nottingham City Council because Leicester did not have appointment for about a month.

In the column where it asks if you want to receive certficate (ceremony ) at a different council, I left blank as I wanted ceremony to happen in Leicester.

During NCS appointment, the lady suggested that they have ceremonies at least 3 times in a month in Nottingam City council which she did in good faith.

I subsequently received approval letter from HO and it stated me to get in touch with 'County Council' not City council
where I originally attended the appointment.

So, whats the matter?

City council charges £60 for private ceremony and has at least 3 ceremonies in a month and ceremony happens only in city council office.
County council charges £100 for private ceremony and has 1 ceremony per month and that too anywhere in council area.

Technically, living in Leicester, I may have to travel to any part of Nottingham considering travel costs, extra money for private ceremony if I opt to.

Who is at fault?

Both 'City' and 'council' had cited the reason as 'oversight' by HO.

If where you get your ceremony done is important to you as well as private ceremony is, please pay adequate attention to the column in the application.

Best of luck......