ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

sending orginal diplomas

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xindie
Newly Registered

sending orginal diplomas

Post by xindie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:08 pm

Hi all

I want to ask how many of you send their important documents in original (besides notorised copy), such as original education diplomas, birth certificates etc. Did you received them back? Did you mention in the application form that you want them back?

With the quality my local post service, I am really not sure if I want to send original documents, since they may just get lost somewhere. What was your experience with this?

bani

Post by bani » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:21 pm

hi xindie, instead of the diploma, i sent in letters from my universities (confirming graduation and scholarships) and the official transcripts - which i could afford to lose because i had multiple originals.

i suggest you send by registered mail or dhl for security.

xindie
Newly Registered

Post by xindie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:35 pm

thanks, bani

the thing is that I may send the documents through dhl or any other trusted post service, but I think HO will send them back through regular mail, that's what I heard. Or not?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:45 pm

Incountry applicants will get their documents back by registered mail. For overseas applicants, I think its first class mail.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:39 am

the best to do is to probably give them an an address in the uk where they can send the docs back, then get whoever to dhl or fedex them to you. Again if you can avoid it, try not to send originals of copies for degree, birth certificate, with waiting times at over 7 months it will be best to send notarised copies, you never know when you might need them back.