ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to cover 12 Months Gap in ILR - 10 Year Indefinite Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aslans
Newly Registered

How to cover 12 Months Gap in ILR - 10 Year Indefinite Visa

Post by Aslans » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:45 am

Dear all,

I have been a student for 9 years, my student visa expiring in end of jan 2015, and exactly 12 months from jan-15 to Jan 2016, my 10 years would complete.

How and what to do?

I donot think I will get student tier-4 extension anymore, due to 5-6 year study cap.

Should I go for FLR O or FLR RP private life to try to apply for 12 months visa ?

or

Should I file 10 year ILR application, and fight the case, even if it gets rejected ?

Immigration Board Members esteemed, knowledgeable advice is most appreciated. :roll:

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: How to cover 12 Months Gap in ILR - 10 Year Indefinite V

Post by Zee ali » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:02 pm

Aslans wrote:Dear all,

I have been a student for 9 years, my student visa expiring in end of jan 2015, and exactly 12 months from jan-15 to Jan 2016, my 10 years would complete.

How and what to do?

I donot think I will get student tier-4 extension anymore, due to 5-6 year study cap.

Should I go for FLR O or FLR RP private life to try to apply for 12 months visa ?

or

Should I file 10 year ILR application, and fight the case, even if it gets rejected ?

Immigration Board Members esteemed, knowledgeable advice is most appreciated. :roll:

U need 1 more tier 4 extension.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Aslans
Newly Registered

Post by Aslans » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Thanks Z Ali,

Under the circumstances of tier-4 visa expiring soon, it is very difficult to get a sponsor, because mostly say your time of study is over, due the 6 year time limit cap. PHD takes 4-5 months. What do you suggest to do now?

Have a solicitor?

Aslans
Newly Registered

Post by Aslans » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Even if I get a CAS, it is high risk to get Tier-4 visa refused, and then only a judicial review, a judicial review won't give me complete 12 months. would it?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Aslans wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
Even if I get a CAS, it is high risk to get Tier-4 visa refused, and then only a judicial review, a judicial review won't give me complete 12 months. would it?
Do u have family here. kids ? If yes how old r they?

which part of UK u currently live?

Flr fp is the best option but 12 months is too long.

I was short of 11 months and by the Grace of Almighty i achieved the target.

I will suggest u too take a solicitor help.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Aslans wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

Aslans
Newly Registered

Post by Aslans » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:04 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Aslans wrote:
Zee ali wrote:

My FLR (rp) refused, with no right of appeal in country, rather i can appeal from outside.

i filed Pap which refused, and now I further applied JR, just short of 5 months or so now?

what is the best option available ?

Ditima98

Post by Ditima98 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:33 pm

Sad indeed to hear about the FLR (FP) refusal without an In-country appeal opportunity. This is really becoming a powerful weapon by the HO on many aspiring to get to 10 years using this route. If I may ask, where kids over 7 years involved in your FLR application?

I wish you all the best as you seek the best solution out of this huge heavy load and please keep us updated as we are all in the same boat. I would advise you sit down with your Solicitor and seek a way out while within the UK. I do not think anything will materialise battlering it out from your home country-I presume the policy by HO now is once you out, you are for good....
ditima

Vijlim
Newly Registered

Post by Vijlim » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:56 pm

hiii..my frnd aslns..sorry to heard ab flr fp no right of appeal. .I m in similer situation like u..my t4 curtail 15th aug 2015 n 10 years on may 2016..so ab 10 month.i met many soli n they sad go flr o n flr fp..but I know now days ppl don't get right of appeal on dat..someone sad go for set lr may u get chance to get right of appeal...I don't know wat to do??? So plss tel wat u persnolly suggest me..
and one more thing in ur case...u put on jr now...jr stiil count in 10 years? Did u ask ab jr count any soli or someone advise u? If yes than good...my wish with u...I m waiting for reply..thanks for updating. .

Aslans
Newly Registered

Post by Aslans » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:04 pm

Well now, my JR refused due to previous solicitor mistakes of not sending documents.

current situation is I send a reconsideration request with new Barrister but HO said that it stand rejected because it doesnot cover the reconsideration policy, but home office has asked me to submit a new application, or new evidence within 14 days or either go back to country within 28 days, and do the out of country appeal.

Looks like a gap is produced from June 2015 rejection to oct -2015 for my 10 years or not ?

Only 1.5 months remain to complete 10 years and ILR.

I have EU partner who is willing to do an EEA extended family application based on 2 year cohabitation though. Should I go this route ?

what should i do to for 10 yr ILR or due to gap its wasted ? any hope from u the intelligent lot of members here.