ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

KET English results

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

filly23

KET English results

Post by filly23 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:01 am

Hi

My husband got his KET English results yesterday he got 61 out of 100 in the exam.From looking at the statement of results it looks like he got Borderline for listening and Good for speaking. To get a Level A1 you need to have scored 45 to 69 in the exam.

My question is does he only need to get a Level A1 to apply for a spouse visa? We will be applying for the spouse visa mid April and I just want to make sure everything is correct

I would be very grateful if you could help me with this question.

Thank you

asif3
United Kingdom

Re: KET English results

Post by asif3 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:50 am

On the govt website, the document for the english test requirements state for A1 the minimum you need to pass is weak. So your husband's results are fine for a spouse visa :)

"Cambridge English: Key
(also known as Key English Test)
Cambridge English Language Assessment
A1

Refer to the “Result” on your Statement of Results:
Level A1 and:
Listening – Weak
Speaking – Weak
Reading – Weak
Writing – Weak"

filly23

Re: KET English results

Post by filly23 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:39 am

Asif3 thank you for your reply and help. Hopefully his visa will be granted when we apply.

Many thanks again.