ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Kindsoul » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:17 pm

Hello everyone,
I have just contacted the home office to get an update the application I sent on 15th of September 2014. The guys was polite on the other side and asked me to wait then after few mins he came back and said your application is still in process but when I asked specifically if it has been allocated to the case worker he replied No it has not been allocated to the case worker yet. It's a bit confusing information he gave me. It's going to be 4 months now and still has not been given to case worker yet. What does it mean?

However I have done my biometrics. Any idea guys?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:22 pm

peace84 wrote:
peace84 wrote:Alhamdullilah ...............

surprisingly DX guy knock my door and handover the BRP the ILR

application sent on 1st sept 2014
approval date is 9th jan 2015

I am in the tracker as M2A

thanks to everyone on this forum and pray to Allah to ease your difficulties and grant them ILR soon....

I will make Biryani today and all are invited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Peace what a surprise mate. Yes pls cook special biryani but with your own spices and not with Shan or Liziza etc as we are already familiar with their taste.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:28 pm

yhdil wrote:Thanks everyone.

WHAT NEXT GUYS AFTER ILR ...?

I have 1 year old UK born child. What do I need to do to obtain his passport and if anyone knows about NICOP?

My Mrs visa is valid till July 2015. Can i make her Flr M app in April as its the time to make tax returns for yr 2014/15.

Pls comment.
You need to register your UK born child first. You also need to send your BRP confirming your ILR status and your child birth certificate. Full detail can be found on MN1 form.
NICOP is for overseas Pakistanis, You need that if you want to travel to Pakistan as it will give your son visa free entry.

Regarding your Mrs case, I would suggest you to apply for her FLR M application as soon as your documents are ready. Visa fees will be increased from the first week of April this year so better get it posted before that. Also if you are intending to travel abroad you will need your wife visa sorted first as technically she is now dependant of a settled person.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:31 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Hello everyone,
I have just contacted the home office to get an update the application I sent on 15th of September 2014. The guys was polite on the other side and asked me to wait then after few mins he came back and said your application is still in process but when I asked specifically if it has been allocated to the case worker he replied No it has not been allocated to the case worker yet. It's a bit confusing information he gave me. It's going to be 4 months now and still has not been given to case worker yet. What does it mean?

However I have done my biometrics. Any idea guys?
You applied few days after me so hopefully you will hear a good news soon.
As you also applied your wife FLR application so may be they are dealing both applications concurrently, but your wife approval will follow shortly after your approval.

peace84

Post by peace84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:32 pm

angelStha wrote:
peace84 wrote:
peace84 wrote:Alhamdullilah ...............

thanks to everyone on this forum and pray to Allah to ease your difficulties and grant them ILR soon....

I will make Biryani today and all are invited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@peace84:- Congratulation ... Best wishes.!! have you got your documents as well or just BRP?
just received BRP not docs

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:33 pm

asimshah1 wrote:Hi Guys
Congratulation to All Members Who Got their Approvals
Just Rang HO. Spoken with a very rude lady Jane. Spoken previously with other people regarding my application they were nice and told my that Application is with Case worker unit. She said that she can not tell any thing specific the only thing she can tell application is in process and no need to call again. I asked her that is my application is with case worker or case worker unit she said only thing she can tell is in process.
Have the changed the policy to disclose the application process or is it just a rude lady.

Should I call again in few days or not?

Got Bit stressed I applied 20sep she said they are dealing with sep applications

Any comments
@asimshah,mate every advisor is different and answer your query in a different way,that is the primarily thing that they told you,your application is in the case work unit so in my opinion not long it should take.there is nothing wrong if you ring HO for case progress as this is why the customer services centres working for but i will say not necessarily on daily basis but just once in a week or twice.
SHAHFURQAN

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:41 pm

DMH2014 wrote:Hi everyone
Can anyone explain this situation.
I applied FLR (O) application in October 2014 to pass my last two months to be eligible for 10 years Long Residence application. In December first week I did apply for ILR on Set (LR). N also send a withdrawl letter to Flr O application. They just send me the cheque back the amount I paid for FLR. O. But no answer for my original documents.

R they going to send the set LR department????
Or r they going to send me back ????
I m worried about that if anyone know such situation Plz give answer.
Thanks.
SORRY if I'm wrong you made application for Flr (0) to complete 10 years ...that's good to get extra time to apply for long residency
... then why did u withdraw that application ...I hope you had a chat with solicitor before withdrawing the flr (0) application? Because that's too technical thing ....let's be honest I have no clue about this but if I were you I would just vary my application toSET LR without withdrawing .......

But as I said I have no knowledge about this may be some one else please comment

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:42 pm

Saeedrehman wrote:My wife called HO today,

She was told that you are well within the 6 months waiting period :shock: and she said it has been passed to caseworker, she has dealt with it but a decision has not been made :shock: :shock:

Now what is that supposed to mean? The application was posted 29/08/14.
@saeed,mate that is very good news and In Sha Allah max max in couple of weeks or may early you will get your decision.this is a set answer they give when the case goes to a case worker,as the case worker is the one who finally decides to grant or not to grant.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Congrats everyone ...and good luck to those waitin .

Just for info for newbies HO does work on Saturday and Sunday with limited staff but they won't take enquiry calls in those days ....

Customer advisors are not consistent and hence there is discrepancy in the info ..don't get worried they can only give confirm answer when Approval has been posted make sure ask them tracking number even though you sent return envelope...

Happy waiting ....I'll be back in couple of days .. angelstha good luck seems yours on way ..shahfurqan we will get ours soon .

Good luck

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:03 pm

sa428 wrote:dear members
I am still waiting after my application 2/9/14 but my passport is expiring next month , is it going to affect my application. Also my employer wants to run a check if i have really sent my application to the HO. is it go to affect my application. Your views are welcome.
@sa428,mate was your passport at the time of application valid for at least six months??if it was then i am sure you will fine if your case is straight forward then you will get your approval in this month and then u could renew your passport but if they mark your case in complex category which means they will write to you whether they would be able to tackle it within six months or not which i hope it wont be In Sha Allah but if then there are chances they could consider your passport expiry and might ask you to renew it because passport is a legal document as on one occasion during my extensions they only sent my passport back because i forgot to sign it.Secondly as for as your employer is concern,i believe he will be sensible enough to understand when you will show him the acknowledgement letter only that you have applied your case.
SHAHFURQAN

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:06 pm

maddysheffield wrote:Congrats everyone ...and good luck to those waitin .

Just for info for newbies HO does work on Saturday and Sunday with limited staff but they won't take enquiry calls in those days ....

Customer advisors are not consistent and hence there is discrepancy in the info ..don't get worried they can only give confirm answer when Approval has been posted make sure ask them tracking number even though you sent return envelope...

Happy waiting ....I'll be back in couple of days .. angelstha good luck seems yours on way ..shahfurqan we will get ours soon .

Good luck
@maddy,thanks dear In Sha Allah with the blessing of the Almighty. :lol: :lol: :lol:

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:12 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
I applied FLR (O) application in October 2014 to pass my last two months to be eligible for 10 years Long Residence application. In December first week I did apply for ILR on Set (LR). N also send a withdrawl letter to Flr O application. They just send me the cheque back the amount I paid for FLR. O. But no answer for my original documents.

Thanks.
SORRY if I'm wrong you made application for Flr (0) to complete 10 years ...that's good to get extra time to apply for long residency
... then why did u withdraw that application ...I hope you had a chat with solicitor before withdrawing the flr (0) application? Because that's too technical thing ....let's be honest I have no clue about this but if I were you I would just vary my application toSET LR without withdrawing .......

But as I said I have no knowledge about this may be some one else please comment
@dmh,mate i am wondering like maddy why did u not go to vary your application from flr(o) to set(lr) because when you apply for the withdraw of your application you will certainly get your money/fee/charges back,have u got acknowledgement and biometrics letter in connection with your set(lr) application yet??

DMH2014
Newly Registered

Post by DMH2014 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:12 pm

maddysheffield wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for ur reply
Yes my solicitor did vary the application for long residency but we put set LR on 3/12/2014 n also withdrawal flrO on the same date I got confirmation of set LR on 13/12/2014 n done my biometric on 18/12/2014 on 5/01/2015 I got another acknowledgement letter for flrO with new reference number on it so we let them know with all other letters copies that we already withdrawal flrO on 3/12/2014 then they send me a cheque of flrO application fee on 9/01/2015. but only don't know that either HO send me documents back or send them to set LR as I let them know in covering letter

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Congratulations to all those fellows who have received their approvals/BRP/RM positive tracking which says on the way,It is requested to everyone to please keep remember us in your prays.best of luck in your future :D :D

DMH2014
Newly Registered

Post by DMH2014 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Yes I have had acknowledged for set LR on 13/12/204 n then my biometric on 18/12/2014 n done on the same date.

So dear friend my question is still the same is FlrO department handing over my originals to set LR.
Last edited by DMH2014 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:24 pm

DMH2014 wrote:
maddysheffield wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for ur reply
Yes my solicitor did vary the application for long residency but we put set LR on 3/12/2014 n also withdrawal flrO on the same date I got confirmation of set LR on 13/12/2014 n done my biometric on 18/12/2014 on 5/01/2015 I got another acknowledgement letter for flrO with new reference number on it so we let them know with all other letters copies that we already withdrawal flrO on 3/12/2014 then they send me a cheque of flrO application fee on 9/01/2015. but only don't know that either HO send me documents back or send them to set LR as I let them know in covering letter
@dmh,mate i am pretty much sure you are fine as they have considered your application variation otherwise they would have sent your documents before your cheque,so nothing to worry about but if you went through a solicitor,am amazed why he did not go on the first step to vary to save you up from this mental stress,but anyhow all good.

peace84

Post by peace84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:30 pm

shahfurqan wrote:Congratulations to all those fellows who have received their approvals/BRP/RM positive tracking which says on the way,It is requested to everyone to please keep remember us in your prays.best of luck in your future :D :D
thanks mate and inshahallah you will be the next in the approval list :D

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:36 pm

peace84 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:Congratulations to all those fellows who have received their approvals/BRP/RM positive tracking which says on the way,It is requested to everyone to please keep remember us in your prays.best of luck in your future :D :D
thanks mate and inshahallah you will be the next in the approval list :D
@peace,thanks bro,may Almighty regard your pray in my and our fellows favour.

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:27 pm

thanks to everyone on this forum and pray to Allah to ease your difficulties and grant them ILR soon....[/quote]

Congrats Peace84 may u enjoy ur freedom. As per tradition do continue upholding and respecting the laws of the land :D

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:37 pm

maddysheffield wrote:

Thanks.

you are supposed to vary from FLR(O) to ILR and not withdraw. If am not wrong you might have just made yourself an overstayer, but your application should still be treated by home office.
Last edited by Omor4real on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

peace84

Post by peace84 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:42 pm

baba JJ wrote:surprisingly DX guy knock my door and handover the BRP the ILR

Congrats Peace84 may u enjoy ur freedom. As per tradition do continue upholding and respecting the laws of the land :D[/quote]

yeah I was looking you to here that words !
thanks

thasif

Post by thasif » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Arsal385 wrote:Guys,

I am pleased to let you know that by the grace of Almighty I have received my approval letter today with the approval date of 11th January 2015. Letter came from Liverpool.
I applied on 10th of Sept 2014 and my remaining details are on the tracker. Thanks for everyone for their encouraging support and specially to Shahjee the legend who is no more in this forum but his valuable suggestions helped me a lot.

My next task is to get my wife FLR M sorted so hopefully it will go smoothly as I already have all the required documents ready.

Goodluck to those who are waiting, I understand it is difficult to wait but try to focus on other things rather than keep thinking about the outcome of your application.

Remember patience is virtue….
congrats arsal385 & you well deserve

thasif

Post by thasif » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:15 pm

Meeeeee123 wrote:Hi respected @baba jj, @maddysheffied ,@shahfurqan

Alhamdulillah I had spoken with Home office and sweet lady give me my tracking number :shock: and told me they posted my docs at 10th January and I had checked post office website but following is coming out ......

"Status: Royal Mail Signed For™ items are only scanned when the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent 1st or 2nd class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.
Please come back later
Information on your Royal Mail Signed For™ item is not yet available.
Last update: 12 January 2015, 04:58pm "

I can't think anything Experience brothers and sisters please shed some light on this... and in addition i didn't send RM next day delivery postage form. So i guess they are sending it through second class. very nervous plz advise....

May Allah give you Jaza for this

dont worry meeeeee123 am on the same boat like you ,same story only difference is spoken with a nice guy who gave me the tracking no,be patient inshallah you may get it by tommrow

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:24 pm

Within the last 2 hours 4 approvals have been logged in the google spreadsheet. Is this correct?

nazar5
Newly Registered

Post by nazar5 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello members

Can someone put my record on the timeline (Spread Sheet) OR
Please guide me I am a new member here how can I add my reached on the spread sheet?

My details are listed below:-

Application sent : 18/09/2014
Ack Received : 22/09/2014
Bio Letter Received : 03/10/2014
Bio Done : 08/10/2014

Any advice about the approval that how long is roughly taking for September applications please?? I will highly appreciate your help.

Thanks and kind regards

Nazar5