ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATURALISATION QUESTIONS PLEASE ADVISE

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zeee123

NATURALISATION QUESTIONS PLEASE ADVISE

Post by zeee123 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:47 pm

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask you all talented ppl following questions if u can answer: Just to cover the background so far...

I currently have ILR after 5yrs on Tier 1 which is coming up to 12 months(5years Tier 1 + 1yr ILR) in March 2nd Week. I have wife and 2 kids(6yr&1yr), wife on ILR and been here over ten years same as myself and both kids where born here. But when kids were born our status was Tier 1 General and afterwards kids and wife got ILR for being my dependants.

1. Now when i am going to apply for Naturalisation in March 2014, do i have to apply under AN form and fill separate forms for all of us. Is there a family application form or just fill up 4 forms?
2. Can i not include my kids in the forms and can they apply to Register as a British Citizen on the basis that parents(Wife and MYSELF) have ILR considering they(KIDS) were born in this country or do they still have to pay £669 in their own right?

I am only concerned that by doing so it will same me a about £1300 in fees but if i have no choice then i would have to do it. Please comment.

thanks

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: NATURALISATION QUESTIONS PLEASE ADVISE

Post by milan69 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:59 pm

I am not an expert on this but I think under new rule you and your wife have to apply separately.
I am sometimes wrong.

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:06 pm

thanks for replying back but yeah I'm fine with applying for my wife and myself separately meaning at the same time but paying separate fees . My only concern is that if kids can apply for naturalisation by registration and we do not have to pay separate fees for them(£669+£669). As we all have indefinite leave to remain.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Again, I am not expert on this but I believe if your kids were born in UK they are British citizens from the moment you have received your ILR, meaning you have to apply for their passport only.
I am sometimes wrong.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Again, I am not expert on this but I believe if your kids were born in UK they are automatically British citizens from the moment you have received your ILR, meaning you have to apply for their passport only.
I am sometimes wrong.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:22 pm

zeee123 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask you all talented ppl following questions if u can answer: Just to cover the background so far...

I currently have ILR after 5yrs on Tier 1 which is coming up to 12 months(5years Tier 1 + 1yr ILR) in March 2nd Week. I have wife and 2 kids(6yr&1yr), wife on ILR and been here over ten years same as myself and both kids where born here. But when kids were born our status was Tier 1 General and afterwards kids and wife got ILR for being my dependants.

1. Now when i am going to apply for Naturalisation in March 2014, do i have to apply under AN form and fill separate forms for all of us. Is there a family application form or just fill up 4 forms?
2. Can i not include my kids in the forms and can they apply to Register as a British Citizen on the basis that parents(Wife and MYSELF) have ILR considering they(KIDS) were born in this country or do they still have to pay £669 in their own right?

I am only concerned that by doing so it will same me a about £1300 in fees but if i have no choice then i would have to do it. Please comment.

thanks
You and your wife will have to apply separately on separate forms and have to pay fees separately.
Your children are already eligible to to Register as British Citizen, they can apply immediately and dont have to wait for you to apply for BC or you can send their applications at the same time as yours. You will have to apply for them using form MN1 under section 1(3). Each child will apply separately and you will have to pay fees separately for each child. It makes no difference whether they have ILR or not. As far as I know there is no more concession in fees for multiple applications.

You could have saved money on their ILR applications actually because they probably did not need to apply for ILR (depends on your circumstances though). When you and your wife were getting ILR then they could have applied for MN1 straightaway after your ILR was approved.

zeusmagnanimous

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:31 pm

milan69 wrote:Again, I am not expert on this but I believe if your kids were born in UK they are British citizens from the moment you have received your ILR, meaning you have to apply for their passport only.
This is not correct. They do not become British Citizens automatically, they have just become eligible to register for BC - these are very different things. They will have to apply for BC by using MN1 as mentioned in my reply above. If you apply for their passports directly then your passport application will be refused and you will lose the fees.

zeee123

Post by zeee123 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:35 am

Thanks for your input zeusmagnanimous,
You are right and having researched a bit more i found out that they are eligible as per your reply but again they have to apply under MN1 and pay the fee £669. I thought ill get them to get the passports straightaway which appears not to be the case here. Again i could have saved fee on ILR but had travel commitments so had no choice. But thanks anyways for your opinion in this matter. I will now apply for all of us at the same time.