ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent on tier2 ICT short term

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swati.pale
Newly Registered

dependent on tier2 ICT short term

Post by swati.pale » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:36 pm

I have tier 2 ICT short term visa which will expire in Nov 2015. I want to apply dependent for my spouse. I want to confirm below two things.
1) After visa expiration, can my spouse apply for tier 2 - general visa? because as I understand, dependent does not need cooling off period.
2) If my spouse comes on my dependent visa by march, will he get contract? as I have heard most of the contract are for minimum 6-9 months. Can he negotiate with company that after November, he will switch to tier 2 - general. what are the possibilties that he will get contract on these terms.

swati.pale
Newly Registered

switch from tier 2 dependent to general?

Post by swati.pale » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:54 am

Can a person apply for Tier 2 General visa who already holds a Tier 2 ICT DEPENDENT visa?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: dependent on tier2 ICT short term

Post by manci » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:26 am

swati.pale wrote:I have tier 2 ICT short term visa which will expire in Nov 2015. I want to apply dependent for my spouse. I want to confirm below two things.
1) After visa expiration, can my spouse apply for tier 2 - general visa? because as I understand, dependent does not need cooling off period.
your dependant can apply any time from home country, no need to wait until your visa expires. Keep in mind that the process is likely to take 2-3 months

2) If my spouse comes on my dependent visa by march, will he get contract? as I have heard most of the contract are for minimum 6-9 months. Can he negotiate with company that after November, he will switch to tier 2 - general. what are the possibilties that he will get contract on these terms

manci
Respected Guru

Re: switch from tier 2 dependent to general?

Post by manci » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:29 am

swati.pale wrote:Can a person apply for Tier 2 General visa who already holds a Tier 2 ICT DEPENDENT visa? yes, see above

ramuk555
Newly Registered

Post by ramuk555 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi Manci, Can you please clarify the folowing query.

I came in Tier 2 ICT in Aug 2010 and switched to Tier 2 General (main) in Jan 2015 and now my job got over and looking to switch to Tier 2 General dependant.

1) I suppose I can switch within country. Please confirm.

2) Also my wife who came in August 2010 as Tier 2 ICT dependant switched to Tier 2 General dependant within country on Jan 2015 is now looking to switch to Tier 2 General (Main) as she got a job now. Kindly confirm whether she can switch within country or should apply from home country.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramuk.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:58 pm

1. Yes.

2. Entry clearance from home country.

Pranav6
Newly Registered

Post by Pranav6 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:23 pm

manci wrote:
swati.pale wrote:Can a person apply for Tier 2 General visa who already holds a Tier 2 ICT DEPENDENT visa? yes, see above
Hi,

I am new to this forum and have joined as I am in the process of moving from Tier 2 ICT dependant to Tier 2 Gen and look forwrad to some guidance. I have the following questions:

1) My company is applyng to get A listed, and have filled the application last week. What would be the timelines for them to get A listed?
2) The next I understand is for them to publish the job advert on some portals for 28 days.
a. Is there any information on the advert that should match my current job role / my CV. (As I am currenlty employed with them)
b. Should the salary on the advert match the one they offer me ?
3) I'm an IT Analyst and in my mid 30s :D, I do have 13 years of experience but not in the role I am currently doing. I have worked in this role only for 7-8 months, so essentially a new entrant.
a) Will my age affect the decision on my visa?
b) The salary they are offering given my experience is of a new entrant. Does that make a difference? will being a little over the minimum make a difference?
4) How long does it take to get the visa once applied from home country, I thought it was 3 weeks. Will I have to wait longer in my home country?
5) Is there a way to expedite the visa application?
6) Lastly, I've read a lot about the restricted COS decision on this portal - Is that for the company's application or mine?
7) If I do not get the Teir 2 general visa will my Teir 2 ICT deendant still be valid for me to travel?

Apologies for the laundry list of questions, but Ive spoken to 2 solicitors and they suggest I will only get the visa if the salary is in the maximum bracket given my age.

Your response is eagerly awaited and appreciated.

Regards
PK