ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Kindsoul » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:53 pm

baba JJ wrote:surprisingly DX guy knock my door and handover the BRP the ILR

application sent on 1st sept 2014
approval date is 9th jan 2015

I am in the tracker as M2A

thanks to everyone on this forum and pray to Allah to ease your difficulties and grant them ILR soon....
Congrats Peace84 may u enjoy ur freedom. As per tradition do continue upholding and respecting the laws of the land :D[/quote]

Surprise, wow what a surprise.it couldn't be much better than this. Many congratulations. Enjoy your freedom and pray for others. Best of luck.

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:08 am

Hi guys

I don't have home office contact number to get information about my ILR long residence application. Kindly post it here with extention number.

Regards

Ramos

Miangee

Application vary procedure

Post by Miangee » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:26 am

Hi all members
Amber I need your help plz

My brother just submitting flr FP application and then wants vary application with FLR M after one months to get 6 months payslips

Can some one plz explain how to vary the application
is there any specific form like change of circumstance or just cover letter with new application

Will he need to pay fees for flr m again as both apllication fees are same and if he pay again at the time of vary will HO will refund first fees after vary

What about the biomatric he need to give again after vary the application
and will he received any confirmation that application has been vary
plz guide
thanks

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:37 am

Ramos wrote:Hi guys

I don't have home office contact number to get information about my ILR long residence application. Kindly post it here with extention number.

Regards

Ramos
03001232241 then follow instructions,press option 3 for outstanding application progress

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:07 am

Arsal385 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:Hello everyone,
I have just contacted the home office to get an update the application I sent on 15th of September 2014. The guys was polite on the other side and asked me to wait then after few mins he came back and said your application is still in process but when I asked specifically if it has been allocated to the case worker he replied No it has not been allocated to the case worker yet. It's a bit confusing information he gave me. It's going to be 4 months now and still has not been given to case worker yet. What does it mean?

However I have done my biometrics. Any idea guys?
You applied few days after me so hopefully you will hear a good news soon.
As you also applied your wife FLR application so may be they are dealing both applications concurrently, but your wife approval will follow shortly after your approval.

Thanks this gives a bit of relief. You know you mentioned that they are dealing with both applications concurrently. Will this add any delay to it? The reason I am asking because they recently sent me a letter mentioning putting my wife' s application on hold until I get ILR and asked my little daughter's future immigration planning and I have not sent a reply yet. Will this lead to delay to my application process because of that OR it will have no effect. Any idea. Thanks

titan1986
Newly Registered

Post by titan1986 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:22 am

I just wanted to say that when I wake up in the morning, I check my facebook, instagram then this forum to see whose applications have been approved - to know how close or far I am from freedom. Our lives revolve around this excruciating ILR wait unfortunately but we will prevail.

2015App
Newly Registered

Post by 2015App » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:36 am

titan1986 wrote:I just wanted to say that when I wake up in the morning, I check my facebook, instagram then this forum to see whose applications have been approved - to know how close or far I am from freedom. Our lives revolve around this excruciating ILR wait unfortunately but we will prevail.
if HO works in the same pace like we have seen yesterday 4 approvals on this forum in one day, I think October applicants will start receiving their approvals by end of this month.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:43 am

bharatsharma wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
bharatsharma wrote:Hello everyone,
I have just contacted the home office to get an update the application I sent on 15th of September 2014. The guys was polite on the other side and asked me to wait then after few mins he came back and said your application is still in process but when I asked specifically if it has been allocated to the case worker he replied No it has not been allocated to the case worker yet. It's a bit confusing information he gave me. It's going to be 4 months now and still has not been given to case worker yet. What does it mean?

However I have done my biometrics. Any idea guys?
You applied few days after me so hopefully you will hear a good news soon.
As you also applied your wife FLR application so may be they are dealing both applications concurrently, but your wife approval will follow shortly after your approval.

Thanks this gives a bit of relief. You know you mentioned that they are dealing with both applications concurrently. Will this add any delay to it? The reason I am asking because they recently sent me a letter mentioning putting my wife' s application on hold until I get ILR and asked my little daughter's future immigration planning and I have not sent a reply yet. Will this lead to delay to my application process because of that OR it will have no effect. Any idea. Thanks
You could have sent them a reply that your daughter is a British born and once you get your ILR you will register her as a British citizen. May be this is one of their strategy to include your daughter as part of your dependant and thus increase your financial requirements. As a safe side you should have your financial requirements ready including your daughter's financial threshold as you never know they will ask financial documents later.

To be honest that's the reason I didn't apply my wife FLR M application whilst my SET LR application was pending. It is because it can unnecessarily delay your case.

Dec22
Newly Registered

Post by Dec22 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:52 am

Hi Arsal385,

This is really helpful info.

My wife is coming up to her 10 year legal stay in the UK in April 2015. she can apply for Set(LR) in march as we can apply up to 28 days before the 10 year completion period.

Now my question is, is it better to apply for set(Lr) for her as soon as she completes her 10 year period or shall we wait until i get decision on my case. I applied in December god knows when we are going to get decisions.

Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:30 am

Dec22 wrote:Hi Arsal385,

This is really helpful info.

My wife is coming up to her 10 year legal stay in the UK in April 2015. she can apply for Set(LR) in march as we can apply up to 28 days before the 10 year completion period.

Now my question is, is it better to apply for set(Lr) for her as soon as she completes her 10 year period or shall we wait until i get decision on my case. I applied in December god knows when we are going to get decisions.

Thanks
Your wife case seems to be stand alone i.e not reliant on you so you can apply for her case as soon as she becomes eligible (within 28 days before her 10 year anniversary date).

Having said that, you may be happy to know that after huge lot of August and September applications, SET LR cases are now significantly low from Oct 2014 onwards so you can expect the outcome of your SET LR application by the end of March 2015.

2015App
Newly Registered

Post by 2015App » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:29 am

Hi all I am (2015App dependent) looking for some advise here please.

I am a dependent of my husband, in one instance my visa application returned as invalid and my husband granted visas. I have been asked to reapply as I have missed signature on the application form.

I reapplied again after few months as a dependent of my husband and got it. my question is the time I spend between first visa refusal and second time application grant date is count as overstay (my old dependent visa wasn't expired at the time of second application grant date) .

I was Psw dependent from 10-jun-2010 till 09-jun-2012
first time applied for tier 1 dependent on 01-jan-2011, returned as invalid just for me on 20th feb 2011
second time applied for tier 1 dependent on 11-oct-2011 granted same day at Liverpool PEO

does time between first time application to second time is count as overstay ?

does this have negative impact on my SET(LR) application as I am going to apply in early February 2015.

Thanks

abbeywell
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywell » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:47 am

2015App wrote:
titan1986 wrote:I just wanted to say that when I wake up in the morning, I check my facebook, instagram then this forum to see whose applications have been approved - to know how close or far I am from freedom. Our lives revolve around this excruciating ILR wait unfortunately but we will prevail.
if HO works in the same pace like we have seen yesterday 4 approvals on this forum in one day, I think October applicants will start receiving their approvals by end of this month.
October applications will be processed end of Feb/March according to HO staff. The number of applications you see in the drive is nothing close to the actual number of applications in HO. Multiply what you see x10 if not triple at least !

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:50 am

2015App wrote:Hi all I am (2015App dependent) looking for some advise here please.

I am a dependent of my husband, in one instance my visa application returned as invalid and my husband granted visas. I have been asked to reapply as I have missed signature on the application form.

I reapplied again after few months as a dependent of my husband and got it. my question is the time I spend between first visa refusal and second time application grant date is count as overstay (my old dependent visa wasn't expired at the time of second application grant date) .

I was Psw dependent from 10-jun-2010 till 09-jun-2012
first time applied for tier 1 dependent on 01-jan-2011, returned as invalid just for me on 20th feb 2011
second time applied for tier 1 dependent on 11-oct-2011 granted same day at Liverpool PEO

does time between first time application to second time is count as oversta

From mine understanding it will be counted as an overstayer, except that when they returned it your visa has not expired. When you make your application you should address it in a cover letter and God willing they will use discretion and issue you your ILR, as you made an in time application before they returned it as invalid.
Thanks

tsl

28 days confusion is over

Post by tsl » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:58 am

Dear Member ,
allah is almighty,, alhamdulillah ,, i have just got my approval today in the morning ,

im so gratefull to this forum and to the members ,, i will never be able to able to return ur favor

now i want to clear 1 message to this forum that 28 days confusion is over. i had one invalid application in 2009.
visa expired 31/10/2009. application sent 28/10/09. passport return invalid 11/11/09. however i was given 28 days to return.
i return my passport on 01/12/09 which is which is 20 days after invalid notice,, BUT ONE SOLICITOR IN TOWN ( VERY REPUTABLE, PROBABLY U HAVE ALL HEARD HIS NAME) has told me that i have overstated 31 day counting from visa expiry date till fresh application
submitted. he put my life upside down. he also mentioned that they r going to count 28 days from date of expiry not from date of invalidity as the 28 invalid rule was not in force in 2009 , it exist from october 2012, so they wud judge my case according to 2009 rule.

believe me since then i didnt not sleep ,its 4 months now i have been having sleepless night. now im going to call him and ask him to return my initial consulting fees which is 60 pound , i was so scared that i wasnt brave enuf to put my details on spread sheet

i have applied on 9/9/2014 . ack 17/09/2014. bio done 03/10/2014. decision 10/01/20014. return doc 14/01/2014
thank you thank you thanku a lll the member , i have been in this forum since 2008 , and i wont be able to forget the support i got from this forum

regards
TSL

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:10 pm

tsl wrote:Dear Member ,
allah is almighty,, alhamdulillah ,, i have just got my approval today in the morning ,

im so gratefull to this forum and to the members ,, i will never be able to able to return ur favor

now i want to clear 1 message to this forum that 28 days confusion is over. i had one invalid application in 2009.
visa expired 31/10/2009. application sent 28/10/09. passport return invalid 11/11/09. however i was given 28 days to return.
i return my passport on 01/12/09 which is which is 20 days after invalid notice,, BUT ONE SOLICITOR IN TOWN ( VERY REPUTABLE, PROBABLY U HAVE ALL HEARD HIS NAME) has told me that i have overstated 31 day counting from visa expiry date till fresh application
submitted. he put my life upside down. he also mentioned that they r going to count 28 days from date of expiry not from date of invalidity as the 28 invalid rule was not in force in 2009 , it exist from october 2012, so they wud judge my case according to 2009 rule.

believe me since then i didnt not sleep ,its 4 months now i have been having sleepless night. now im going to call him and ask him to return my initial consulting fees which is 60 pound , i was so scared that i wasnt brave enuf to put my details on spread sheet

i have applied on 9/9/2014 . ack 17/09/2014. bio done 03/10/2014. decision 10/01/20014. return doc 14/01/2014
thank you thank you thanku a lll the member , i have been in this forum since 2008 , and i wont be able to forget the support i got from this forum

regards
TSL
Congratulations TSL, VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. Enjoy the fun of free life.

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Guys, Just called HO. They said your application has been completed and posted back to me. I did take the Tracking No. It might take another few days. bit nervous now.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: 28 days confusion is over

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:25 pm

tsl wrote:Dear Member ,

regards
TSL
Congratulations. You should ask the compensation from your lawyer for giving you wrong advice which has also put in a state of anxiety for the last 4 months.

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi fellow senior members
i have A question on behalf of a friend of mine. He is going to apply for ilr on the basis of 10 years in first week of Feb. HE also need to apply for her wife s visa as his dependent and ask home office to hold her application. his wife is on student visa and he himself is her dependent. let me give you their visa history first...
He came to uk in jan 2005 on student visa. got married in 2007 at home country and his wife came to uk on student visa in 2008. so he himself switch his visa to her wife s dependent. now he is going to complete his 10 years in feb.
He has soon a famous solicitor in London who asked him to pay £850 + vat per application means £1700 + vat. i stop him to paying solicitor. now please i have request to all members to comment and let me know what application form should he use to apply for her wife. i thing it is FLR (M). PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINION. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:29 pm

angelStha wrote:Guys, Just called HO. They said your application has been completed and posted back to me. I did take the Tracking No. It might take another few days. bit nervous now.
Many many congratulations. Looks like HO is now fully awake and processing all the backlog applications rapidly.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:41 pm

CHUDHARY wrote:Hi fellow senior members
i have A question on behalf of a friend of mine. He is going to apply for ilr on the basis of 10 years in first week of Feb. HE also need to apply for her wife s visa as his dependent and ask home office to hold her application. his wife is on student visa and he himself is her dependent. let me give you their visa history first...
He came to uk in jan 2005 on student visa. got married in 2007 at home country and his wife came to uk on student visa in 2008. so he himself switch his visa to her wife s dependent. now he is going to complete his 10 years in feb.
He has soon a famous solicitor in London who asked him to pay £850 + vat per application means £1700 + vat. i stop him to paying solicitor. now please i have request to all members to comment and let me know what application form should he use to apply for her wife. i thing it is FLR (M). PLEASE GIVE YOUR OPINION. THANKS IN ADVANCE
If there is no gap in your friend's visa history and its a straight forward case for him and he can do it by himself without taking any solicitor's help.
All he needs.
All passport he has got since his first entry in the UK including any BRP card.
Life in the UK test result
Proof of English language competency by providing UK degree or approved B1 level test.
Latest SET LR application and £1093 fee
Two passport size photos with his name written on its back.
Photocopies of all the supporting documents.

Is your friend's wife visa is running out then she can apply for visa extension through FLR M application and request HO to hold her case until your friend's SET LR application sorted.
But bear in mind if his wife gets visa under FLR M application then she will need to spend further 5 years in the UK in order to get her ILR and all of her previous stay in the UK will be null and void.
However, she can apply on the basis of 10 years route after 3 years since she arrived in the UK in 2008.

Brightlove
Newly Registered

Post by Brightlove » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:54 pm

i am seeing some people are getting their approvals :D enjoy people! Hope i will be on the same boat soon .

My Timeline:
Application sent: 27/08/2014
Acknowledgement received: 15/09/2014
Biometric letter received: 29/09/2014 Date 26/09/2014
Biometric recorded: 3/10/2014
Approval date: Not yet received
Docs received: Not yet received
BRP: Not yet received

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:59 pm

[quote="Brightlove"]i am seeing some people are getting their approvals :D enjoy people! Hope i will be on the same boat soon .

My Timeline:
Application sent: 27/08/2014
Acknowledgement received: 15/09/2014
Biometric letter received: 29/09/2014 Date 26/09/2014
Biometric recorded: 3/10/2014
Approval date: Not yet received
Docs received: Not yet received
BRP: Not yet received[/quote]

@Brightlove, Hope its on the way. Why don't you ring HO and get application progress?

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
CHUDHARY wrote:Hi fellow senior members
If there is no gap in your friend's visa history and its a straight forward case for him and he can do it by himself without taking any solicitor's help.
All he needs.
All passport he has got since his first entry in the UK including any BRP card.
Life in the UK test result
Proof of English language competency by providing UK degree or approved B1 level test.
Latest SET LR application and £1093 fee
Two passport size photos with his name written on its back.
Photocopies of all the supporting documents.

Is your friend's wife visa is running out then she can apply for visa extension through FLR M application and request HO to hold her case until your friend's SET LR application sorted.
But bear in mind if his wife gets visa under FLR M application then she will need to spend further 5 years in the UK in order to get her ILR and all of her previous stay in the UK will be null and void.
However, she can apply on the basis of 10 years route after 3 years since she arrived in the UK in 2008.
thank you arsal 385. for very informative comments

ali98149
Newly Registered

Post by ali98149 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:49 pm

i just checked the tracker,somebody has again put my status as approved, just to let you know i am still waiting to hear from the HO regarding the status of my application.

the timeline is given below.

Application sent: 8th August 2014
Ack Received : 27th August 2014
Bio Done: 25th September 2014

please can someone amend my status on the google drive.

talkhome
United Kingdom

Post by talkhome » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:07 pm

Is there any chance Government can change 10 years long residency rule before the end of 2015?