ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

azamabidsultan
Newly Registered

Dependent visa

Post by azamabidsultan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:32 pm

Hi all,

I am currently in London and on SEGS visa (working) and planning to file HSMP in next 20 days time....the question is regarding dependent visa for my wife whos in Pakistan at the moment so can I can apply for dependent visa on her behalf here in the UK and then she can get entry clearance from High commision in Pakistan, so in short what would be the procedure if i want to apply for dependent visa with my HSMP application here in UK while shes in Pakistan???

Regards,
Azam A Sultan

raghuraman
Newly Registered

Post by raghuraman » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:18 pm

I am not sure if your question refers HSMP application or FLR (HSMP Application).
HSMP Application is the first step and they dont ask for any dependent details or passports. However if you are asking about FLR applications, which you apply once you get your HSMP approval - At this stage you have to send the passports to the HO. As you cannot post passports across international borders your wife should be applying only from Pakistan to the British consulate there. This process however keeps changing. When i did it I provided my address proof, bank statements ,payslips and a letter to british consulate that I can support my wife along with the marriage certificate.
However she can apply for the FLR HSMP( in country )if she can come into UK and the UK visa she has can be switched to HSMP.

azamabidsultan
Newly Registered

Dependent visa 2

Post by azamabidsultan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi Raghuraman

thanks for you reply

Yeah i was talking about FLR stage (2nd phase of my HSMP application), as one of the lawyer told me that i can apply for HSMP dependent visa on her behalf (while shes in pakistan) at the FLR stage so home will issue me a letter something that i need to send it to my wife there she will submit that letter along wiht her passport to get entry clearance....instead of filing a new case at the high commission in Pakistan...if you know what i mean..this is what i have been told but I am not sure....as I am not hiring that lawyer and do it on my own...

this is what his reply was....

'Once you have HSMP, we will be able to obtain a dependents visa for your
wife. She will need to be stamped in Pakistan.'

Regards,

azam

azamabidsultan
Newly Registered

Dependent visa 2

Post by azamabidsultan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:37 pm

Hi Raghuraman

thanks for you reply

Yeah i was talking about FLR stage (2nd phase of my HSMP application), as one of the lawyer told me that i can apply for HSMP dependent visa on her behalf (while shes in pakistan) at the FLR stage so home will issue me a letter something that i need to send it to my wife there she will submit that letter along wiht her passport to get entry clearance....instead of filing a new case at the high commission in Pakistan...if you know what i mean..this is what i have been told but I am not sure....as I am not hiring that lawyer and doing it on my own...

this is what his reply was....

'Once you have HSMP, we will be able to obtain a dependents visa for your
wife. She will need to be stamped in Pakistan.'

Regards,

azam

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:09 pm

raghuraman wrote:When i did it I provided my address proof, bank statements ,payslips and a letter to british consulate that I can support my wife along with the marriage certificate.
Hello Raghuraman:

While submitting the above documents, HOW MANY months Bank Statements and Pay slips are required to be submitted?

I came to UK just 1month back i want to bring my family here...

And i currently have 1month bank statement and Pay slip.. will that be OK or will become a reason to get my wifes dependent visa rejected??

Many Thanks,