ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jay_p2013
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by jay_p2013 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've been a silent reader of this forum. By the grace of god I received my ILR today Alhamdulillah. I know how difficult it is to be patient and wait for it. Knowing a fellow applicant had received their approval gave me strength to be patient and I hope it does the same to everyone else here.

Here's my timeline and good luck to all the other applicants.

Name on Google Drive : SL_A
Date Applied : 10th September 2014
Acknowledgement Letter : 24th September 2014
Bio Letter : 03rd October 2014
Bio Enrolled : 03rd October 2014
Approval : 10th January 2015
Docs and BRP Received: 14th January 2015

Could someone please update my details on the google drive.

Once again good luck to the rest of the applicants. You'll hopefully receive yours soon.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:25 pm

talkhome wrote:Is there any chance Government can change 10 years long residency rule before the end of 2015?
Government can make this rule difficult but cannot completely scrap out this rule until they are out from EU zone which is at moment less likely to be happened at least for the next 2 years.

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:44 pm

You applied few days after me so hopefully you will hear a good news soon.
As you also applied your wife FLR application so may be they are dealing both applications concurrently, but your wife approval will follow shortly after your approval.[/quote]

Thanks this gives a bit of relief. You know you mentioned that they are dealing with both applications concurrently. Will this add any delay to it? The reason I am asking because they recently sent me a letter mentioning putting my wife' s application on hold until I get ILR and asked my little daughter's future immigration planning and I have not sent a reply yet. Will this lead to delay to my application process because of that OR it will have no effect. Any idea. Thanks[/quote]

You could have sent them a reply that your daughter is a British born and once you get your ILR you will register her as a British citizen. May be this is one of their strategy to include your daughter as part of your dependant and thus increase your financial requirements. As a safe side you should have your financial requirements ready including your daughter's financial threshold as you never know they will ask financial documents later.

To be honest that's the reason I didn't apply my wife FLR M application whilst my SET LR application was pending. It is because it can unnecessarily delay your case.[/quote]

Thanks very much. I am going to send them a reply. As even they put financial requirements (including daughter with my wife ; ) which will be from 18,600 to £22,400 then I still meet this requirements easily. Is there any other requirement they can impose?

Regards
Baz

apex221

Post by apex221 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Dear all,

I am so pleased to inform you that I received my approval and BRP card today.

I am so grateful for the support on this forum.

I wish you all the best of luck :)

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:16 pm

apex221 wrote:Dear all,

I am so pleased to inform you that I received my approval and BRP card today.

I am so grateful for the support on this forum.

I wish you all the best of luck :)
Congratulation mate. Enjoy your freedom its a party time :)

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:19 pm

[/quote]

You could have sent them a reply that your daughter is a British born and once you get your ILR you will register her as a British citizen. May be this is one of their strategy to include your daughter as part of your dependant and thus increase your financial requirements. As a safe side you should have your financial requirements ready including your daughter's financial threshold as you never know they will ask financial documents later.

To be honest that's the reason I didn't apply my wife FLR M application whilst my SET LR application was pending. It is because it can unnecessarily delay your case.[/quote]

Thanks very much. I am going to send them a reply. As even they put financial requirements (including daughter with my wife ; ) which will be from 18,600 to £22,400 then I still meet this requirements easily. Is there any other requirement they can impose?

Regards
Baz[/quote]

Yes you should respond to them as you never know may be your case is pending your response. You should write a covering letter telling them your intention regarding your daughter case and also include your up to date bank statements/ payslips to make them aware that you are also fulfilling the financial requirement for your daughter as well.
Good luck :)

peace84

Post by peace84 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:39 pm

I received all docs via 2nd class royal mail recorded delivery around 1 pm.
Thanks once again for all your kind help.

Application sent: 01/09/2014
Acknowledgement dated :03/09/2014
Biometric letter received: 24/09/2014
Biometric recorded: 25/09/2014
Approval date: 09/01/2015
Docs received: 14/01/2015

I am in the tracker as M2A

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:03 pm

many many congratulations to all those fellows who have received their approval by the grace of Almighty today and especially for TSL who shared a very positive piece of information with us.Almighty bless all of you and keep us remember in your prays. :lol: :lol:

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:06 pm

talkhome wrote:Is there any chance Government can change 10 years long residency rule before the end of 2015?
@talkhome,they could make it difficult but i do not think they could change it as this is not the government but the european law.

dareto10
Newly Registered

Post by dareto10 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:26 pm

Can anyone advise me about how long it will take 2nd class signed for mail to be delivered within England.

I called the Home Office contact centre today and I was given a tracking number that an item has been sent to me today.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi guys congrats to everyone who got approvals ...cool this is the biggest week so far

Yesterday 4 approvals and today 5 approvals ....and someven people waiting for letters so some approvals on way tomorrow ...
best week so far seems festival after couple of crazy weeks :P :lol: ...

Good luck everyone who r waiting like me ...

londonuk9
England

Post by londonuk9 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:33 pm

Guys, i called today to HO. They said your application has been completed and posted back to me. I did take the Tracking No which didnt show anything at the moment.

I applied on 05/09

is anybody know how long is it takes to reach your door step?

Also i am on redirection of post....does it take more or same days ?

Can anyone advise ?

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:36 pm

dareto10 wrote:Can anyone advise me about how long it will take 2nd class signed for mail to be delivered within England.

I called the Home Office contact centre today and I was given a tracking number that an item has been sent to me today.
Congrats ..Customer charter for 2nd class post is with in 5 working days but you should get it within 3 to 4 working days ..

Good luck
Last edited by maddysheffield on Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:41 pm

londonuk9 wrote:Guys, i called today to HO. They said your application has been completed and posted back to me. I did take the Tracking No which didnt show anything at the moment.

I applied on 05/09

Can anyone advise ?
Congrats ...look at peace84 post just above second class post in with in 5 working days charter ..but usually 3 to 4 days unless you get weekend ...but hopefully you should get it by saturday.good luck

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:48 pm

angelStha wrote:
Brightlove wrote:i am seeing some people are getting their approvals :D enjoy people! Hope i will be on the same boat soon .

My Timeline:
Application sent: 27/08/2014
Acknowledgement received: 15/09/2014
Biometric letter received: 29/09/2014 Date 26/09/2014
Biometric recorded: 3/10/2014
Approval date: Not yet received
Docs received: Not yet received
BRP: Not yet received
@Brightlove, Hope its on the way. Why don't you ring HO and get application progress?

@angelstha so relieved you will get your docs soon ....it was long wait

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi Guys

I have been here before. I have applied for Ilr long residence four months before my time completes after waiting for 16 months for tier 1 application. My 10 years are completed few days ago. I am very nervous about the outcome of it.

Will they consider date of decision or date of application. I have no breaks in previous visas plus went out side the country for 60 days.

I have applied through lawyer and he told me once u complete 10 years then it doesn't matter if it four months early. You are covered by 3c and safe.

Kindly respond.

Ramos

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Hi Guys

I have been here before. I have applied for Ilr long residence four months before my time completes after waiting for 16 months for tier 1 application. I varied my application. My 10 years are completed few days ago. I am very nervous about the outcome of it.

Will they consider date of decision or date of application. I have no breaks in previous visas plus went out side the country for 60 days.

I have applied through lawyer and he told me once u complete 10 years then it doesn't matter if it four months early. You are covered by 3c and safe.

Kindly respond.

Ramos

londonuk9
England

Post by londonuk9 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:06 pm

Thank you maddysheffield

lets see ......

maddysheffield wrote:
londonuk9 wrote:Guys, i called today to HO. They said your application has been completed and posted back to me. I did take the Tracking No which didnt show anything at the moment.

I applied on 05/09

Can anyone advise ?
Congrats ...look at peace84 post just above second class post in with in 5 working days charter ..but usually 3 to 4 days unless you get weekend ...but hopefully you should get it by saturday.good luck

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:12 pm

[quote="Ramos"]Hi Guys

I have been here before. I have applied for Ilr long residence four months before my time completes after waiting for 16 months for tier 1 application. I varied my application. My 10 years are completed few days ago. I am very nervous about the outcome of it.

Kindly respond.

Ramos[/quot

Hey ramos ....hope for the best pal... I have seen couple of early applicants like you getting approval ...especially when at the time of decision you have complete 10 year long stay requirement .

Good luck ..

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:12 pm

Guys its seems to be a norm :-) or say that way I look at it ..

There were more decesions made on 9th/ 10th/11th Jan Friday-Saturday-Sunday ....and that was the reason why tuesday-wed- Thursday filled with approvals ......

No matter which day approve its always a pleasure people getting their approvals ...

Good Luck guys.
Last edited by maddysheffield on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thasif

Post by thasif » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've been a silent reader of this forum. Alhamdulillah I received my ILR today . I know how difficult it is to be patient and wait for it.
special thanks to maddy,arsal ,spactatus ,bharatsharma & all other members of this forum

Date Applied : 16th September 2014
Acknowledgement Letter : 18th September 2014
Bio Letter : 1stOctober 2014
Bio Enrolled : 06th October 2014
Approval : 11th January 2015

once again good luck those who are waiting

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:59 pm

thasif wrote:Hello Everyone,

I've been a silent reader of this forum. Alhamdulillah I received my ILR today . I know how difficult it is to be patient and wait for it.
special thanks to maddy,arsal ,spactatus ,bharatsharma & all other members of this forum

Congrats, Are your details on tracker & if so under what name?

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Today was the best day it seems, So many approvals. I hope that this trend will continue :)

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:33 pm

thasif wrote:Hello Everyone,

Congratulations mate. its all over you can enjoy your freedom now.

titan1986
Newly Registered

Post by titan1986 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:39 pm

So many approvals today... unbelievable! :D
Congratulations to everyone that got their ILR today, I am very happy for you all and wish you and your families all the best!
I applied 10 October, so I'm going back to my weights to help dispel the anxiety until I get mine... Hopefully something positive will come out of this long wait, such as bigger biceps 8)