ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Oral hearing so what next?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Oral hearing so what next?

Post by smallfamily27 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi everyone

Today I had an oral hearing against the refusal of my wife's spouse visa. Can someone pls shed some light on the next steps involved in the procedure. I mean who will contact me next and in how long. I'm hoping that judge will overturn the HO decision so should I be expecting a letter from the court or the HO and in how long should I be receiving it?

Many thanks for reading my post and for answering my query

maniani
United Kingdom

Re: Oral hearing so what next?

Post by maniani » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:09 pm

The judge will send his decision within 4 weeks to you and home office.

Can you please tell me what kind of document you previously received from British High Commission after refusal in October?

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Post by smallfamily27 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:15 pm

maniani wrote:
Can you please tell me what kind of document you previously received from British High Commission after refusal in October?
I only received my "court hearing date" document on which the venue and the time of my oral hearing was given.

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Post by smallfamily27 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:22 pm

Another quick question...

Today in the court room, no cross questioning took place. I was expecting that the judge or the HO lawyers will be asking too many questions to my barrister but I was wrong. No one really asked him any question. My barrister only explained them why he thinks that the issues raised by the HO are wrong.

So my question; is this normal? Is it a good sign for a good news?

Many thanks

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:48 pm

Yes,it is,but you'll still need to wait for the outcome.

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Post by smallfamily27 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi everyone

I received the refusal from the judge once again :( but this time he has removed the previous HO objection. This time Judge made "an error of law" because in his judgement he wrote that he rejects my spouse visa application appeal because he can only find 3 payslips in the paper work bundle which doesn't cover the 6 months payslips.

I did submitted all 6 payslips and I also have the HO caseworker letter as an evidence which clearly states "I also note that the payslips you provided from June to Nov ..."

So now I appealed again (permission for the next stage tribunal) with a covering letter and the copy of HO caseworker letter as an evidence.

Now does anyone knows how long do I have to wait for their response. Can they overturn their decision at this stage or they will give me another court date or what? In short what is next?

Many thanks in advance

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:43 pm

If there is an error, further right of appeal will be granted, and there will be another hearing.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Post by smallfamily27 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:43 pm

Thanks obie for ur reply. ..
How long do I need to wait for their reply? I can't find any time frame for it. Thanks

smallfamily27
Newly Registered

Post by smallfamily27 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:42 am

Any idea about the time frame pls