ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ROR: INVITED FOR INTERVIEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

ROR: INVITED FOR INTERVIEW

Post by fatimahh » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:49 pm

Please Obie and all Guru, once again need your help please! I have been invited for interview with ex partner while my application is for ROR after divorce :shock:
i really do not understand how they expect me to bring the guy there when he is not even talking to me right now! I am really confuse please please advise!!!! Has anyone experience this for ROR??????
Also they asking me to bring they usual staff they ask when you apply for EEA2 like wedding pict, last6 month bank statement for both of us, photo during relationship......
GOD BLESS!!!

uk2005

Re: ROR: INVITED FOR INTERVIEW

Post by uk2005 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:00 pm

There must be mistaken by case worker
You batter call them & explain about ROR i think they takeing you application as normal EEA2..
BC 7/5/2015(NCS)
HO received 8/5/2015
Biometric done 1/6/2015
Appoval 31/10/2015
Ceremony 03/11/2015
Never give up hope!

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:19 pm

I also think same as uk2005. How can they call for interview to ROR applicant with its ex partner. It seems like a mistake which should not be ignored rather need to be clarified. Tommorow morning call to them and tell your situation. If the telephone operator does not help then keep on trying with different operator to clarify it.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Thank you uk2005 snd universal soldier for your reply! This is also what i though, as you advise i will try to call tomorrow, they gav me 10 days to confirm interview so i am really worried here :( :(
GOD BLESS!!!

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:32 pm

But does that letter indicates that your application is based on ROR.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Please find the wording on the letter;

I am writing concerning your application for confirmation of yur right to reside n the UK on the basis of your marriage to an EEA National. In order to consider the matter further, you and your spouse are requested to attend an interview on:......

Plus the other details regarding date yime and doc to bring
GOD BLESS!!!

layss
Newly Registered

Post by layss » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:58 pm

It looks like to me standard EEA2 interview invitation. When did you apply for ROR? And if you already have eea2 on your passport they must see it and should not ask for interview.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Applied in october! I wondering if they even bother reading the cover note or the file..... really gutted
GOD BLESS!!!

Jgorf

Post by Jgorf » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 pm

This a clear mistake from the carried away case worker. Call the helpline as advised. Don't give up.

Common sense will tell u it's wrong.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:14 pm

fatimahh wrote:Please find the wording on the letter;

I am writing concerning your application for confirmation of yur right to reside n the UK on the basis of your marriage to an EEA National. In order to consider the matter further, you and your spouse are requested to attend an interview on:......

Plus the other details regarding date yime and doc to bring
it seems to me a huge mistake by the caseworker who even not try to understand the actual basis of the application which is ROR instead of an eea2 rc based on marriage with eu national. Try to get it sorted and clarified as quicker as possible without delay or ignore. I hope it is really a mistake and they do not call you for interview.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:59 pm

Similar case occurred with a family that i am assisting, i wrote to them and they apologised, that it is only the family member who has retained the right of residence that they want to see.

it happened to another client, i made the same complaint.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:42 pm

yes its highly possible an error/mistake which ukba staff commit a lot. Few days ago i read in student section that ukba staff given right to work to few months old baby but not to its parents applicants :lol: :P
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:48 am

Thank you all for your help. I just phone them and they ask me to reply and confirm the appointment. according to them it is fine if the partner do not attend. The main point on the note in the file is that " submit photocopy of decree absolute" I am 100% sure i gave them the original. And on document requested on the letter of interview they are not even asking for that one.
GOD BLESS!!!

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:05 pm

fatimahh wrote:Thank you all for your help. I just phone them and they ask me to reply and confirm the appointment. according to them it is fine if the partner do not attend. The main point on the note in the file is that " submit photocopy of decree absolute" I am 100% sure i gave them the original. And on document requested on the letter of interview they are not even asking for that one.

Hello Fatimah,

can you please keep us update with the interview process, as I am going to apply for ROR next month, UKba already had taken one interview from me when I applied for my first Rc and now I think I should be ready for another one :( ,, all the best to you ..thanks

BIl.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:36 pm

Try 1-2 more telephone operators to cross check it because its very usual when incompetent telephone operator give wrong or a general answer. Try to call them early morning like 9-10am when they have fresh brain and try to not call in lunch or tea time. If still they confirm its not mistake then its a new invention to disturb ror applicants.

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:13 am

Hi Fatimahh,
Out of curiousity, did you submit all documents required or were some information and documents missing? I wonder why they will call for interview for ROR application unless it's a new approach as someone mentioned.

Obie, so will this family you are assisting attend the interview?

To be honest the whole thing just sounds ridiculous. Just simply trying to put people off the ROR route since application numbers have risen tremendously of late.

Fatimahh,
Just be confident in your self and possibly prepare for questions on the 3 years of marriage. Unbelievable! So if some went through hell in those 3 years of marriage, the person will be reliving the whole experience again through their so called interview.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:31 am

Hello - Universal soldier i called them for the 5th time and still the same story, at first they are surprised and then ask me to wait as they talk to a senior and then come back with the same answer of we advise you to attend the interview and explain that your spouse will not be attending as you are divorce pffff how stupid is that. The last lady seems kind of annoyed thought, may be they have now recorded in their system that i called. Now i have to pay train ticket to Liverpool and i am even more gutted when i know that decision will take another 2 months.... :( :( :( :( :(

Nyamebeye - i did provide all the document they asked for ROR, you can find it on one of my post, people were even advising me to reduce it , so probably a new way of giving us hard time. :(
GOD BLESS!!!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:39 am

Regulation 20 B that came into effect last year January, permits the Secretary of State to invite a person for an interview if there is reasonable suspicion that they may not be entitled to rights under regulation 14 (1) or (2) .

So it is nothing new.

It just that it is only been applied now.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:57 am

Nyamebeye wrote:
Obie, so will this family you are assisting attend the interview?
Why should he not attend ? He has nothing to hide. He was in a genuine relationship where a child was conceived.

Just informed the authorities that it will be inappropriate for his ex wife to be expected to attend with him in the circumstances of his case, where wife wants him out of the country.

The authorities agreed and accepts that he is not required to attend with ex and letter was sent in error.

I am confident he will pass whatever questions they have up their sleeves with flying color.

Jgorf

Post by Jgorf » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Without being funny, reading ur previous post about applyingRC for ur child born for another man while in marriage with ur ex and now applying ROR could have been enough reason to raise a red flag on the genuinety of ur former marriage.

U just need to go there with confidence and clear things up.

andyleo7109
Newly Registered

Post by andyleo7109 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Hi Fatimahh
Could you please share a bit more about your history?
Because it's really unusual for calling an interview
Country of your ex
When did you apply RC
How long stayed in the UK etc
What documents sent at time of RC
And what documents now
Please share as much as possible so others will get information too
Please try to update forum about your progress.
Wish you good luck.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:54 pm

The member called UKBA HUNTER somewhere beautifully explained about marriage of convenience which give sense that a marriage of convenience should be stopped when it taking place or when eea2 is in process. But after 2-3 years how can a marriage is marriage of convenience. I still believe its a mistake which they not accepting & rectifying because there is no similarity between telephone operator advise and the interview letter asking documents in interview.

andyleo7109
Newly Registered

Post by andyleo7109 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:46 pm

Hi Fatimahh
Please share about your history and keep updating plz
It's useful for others and could be helpful for yourself.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi Andyleo you can see the whole drama of my life :D via my different post on the forum! Hope it help. Right niw i have booked my ticket for Liverpool and i am gathering as much docs as i can! People should not worry as i am sure their married life was not as messed up as mine... Good luck to everyone will keep you updated✌️
GOD BLESS!!!

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:28 am

It's a one way interview and definitely you will get a positive decision if you stay on your words.