ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Employer & Changing Job Circumstances

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malarvizhi
Newly Registered

Changing Employer & Changing Job Circumstances

Post by Malarvizhi » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:46 am

Hello

I'm in Tier 2 General for last one Year working for a Private Limited Company.
Now, I am planning to change the employer and change the job title as well.

My question is
1). Still my new employer needs to advertise job for 28 days?
2). Still my new employer need to take RLMT?
3). I haven't shown my current designation & salary to my new employer, but still is that mandatory to intimate my current designation & salary to my new employer?

Please answer to my questions.

Thanks
Malar

AjPS
Mood:
India

Re: Changing Employer & Changing Job Circumstances

Post by AjPS » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:56 am

Hi,
If you are changing jobs under Tier 2 (General), you will be making a fresh Tier 2 (General)- Changes of Employment application with a CoS from the new sponsor by submitting the form again with your BRP and other documents. If successful, you will be issued a new BRP and your old CoS will be cancelled.

For the new job, it must be paying an appropriate salary (check the SOC code for it). If the job is not on UKBA's shortage occupation list, RLMT needs to be done for it. The sponsor will have to provide details of the RLMT, i.e., where and how did they advertise the job for 28 days before selecting you, while assigning you your new CoS.

Hope this helps.

PatV
Newly Registered

Re: Changing Employer & Changing Job Circumstances

Post by PatV » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:39 pm

Hi Malar,

Can you please advice if it worked for you. Because I am under same situation and looking for a solution.

Many thanks.

lunaticconfused
Newly Registered

Dismissed by sponsor

Post by lunaticconfused » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:36 pm

Hello All,

I have been working with my sponsor from oct'14 and now all of sudden he informed me through an email on 11th feb mentioning that he has sacked me on 2nd feb...(reason:- that I've worked only 4 days (confused) by giving me 4 days salary slip which I have signed unknowingly (he plotted me). He was paying me cash and I have checked now that sponsor employer can only give you salary either by cheque or bank transfer. I have no contract with me, because when I asked him to provide me with the contact, he simply refused me. He has also charged me recruitment fees as well as a charity. I have salary slips on A$ size paper not even from accountant. Is there anything I can do against him, as of now, I have not received any letter from UKBA as of now. I am confused does not know what should I do and where I go. seems he has all the proofs against me and I have none to prove myself innocent.

Should I wait till contacted by UKBA or my 60 days period has been started from 2nd feb only?

Please advice me, I am felted cheated and want to make sure they don't scammed other innocent like me.

Thanks and regards