ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (10 years), Have you ever been refused a visa?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

???
Newly Registered

ILR (10 years), Have you ever been refused a visa?

Post by ??? » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi guys,

I am about to complete my 10 years in next month. I was refused initially from my home country (2005) with the right to appeal, however in administrative review (within 4 months), high commission granted me visa. From last 10 years, I have never been refused, all my extensions were within or before the time. Now I am thinking to apply for long residency visa, shall I mention that refusal (in application form or covering letter). I could not find any information regarding this matter on UKVI's website, however, friends have suggested that if visa was granted on the same application (either from appeal or admin review), it should not be a problem. Is it going to be a problem for me to obtain ILR, shall I contact with a lawyer?

Please if any of you can share their knowledge regarding this matter, I will be thankful.

???
Newly Registered

Re: ILR (10 years), Have you ever been refused a visa?

Post by ??? » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:31 pm

anyone??

???
Newly Registered

Post by ??? » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:00 am

????

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:09 am

??? wrote:I was refused initially from my home country (2005) with the right to appeal,
That was a refusal. So, I think you should mention it.
however in administrative review (within 4 months), high commission granted me visa.
However, you should also say that refusal was overturned by the administrative review.

So, the refusal shouldn't be a problem.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:10 am

Perhap OP could get a proper name in the process.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

???
Newly Registered

Post by ??? » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:11 am

thanks guys,

Usman

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:16 am

I believe you should be truthful and mention everything.

I don't believe it will affect your application

???
Newly Registered

Post by ??? » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:20 am

again many thanks, I shall write this information in covering letter as there is no such question in SET (LR) form that asks specifically if the applicant has been refused entry or visa?

again thanks for your replays

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:35 am

If it is not there, then it need not mentioning.

???
Newly Registered

Post by ??? » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:37 am

many thanks to all, who answer the question

mjay

Post by mjay » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:39 am

??? wrote:Hi guys,

I am about to complete my 10 years in next month. I was refused initially from my home country (2005) with the right to appeal, however in administrative review (within 4 months), high commission granted me visa. From last 10 years, I have never been refused, all my extensions were within or before the time. Now I am thinking to apply for long residency visa, shall I mention that refusal (in application form or covering letter). I could not find any information regarding this matter on UKVI's website, however, friends have suggested that if visa was granted on the same application (either from appeal or admin review), it should not be a problem. Is it going to be a problem for me to obtain ILR, shall I contact with a lawyer?

Please if any of you can share their knowledge regarding this matter, I will be thankful.

We should use our common sense how's that refusal will affect your 10 year legal stay in uk which you maintain from the date of entry into uk .you came here with the visa and after that you maintain your 10 years your story will start from here when you first enter in uk
If you maintain 10 year leagl without any breaks in ur stay than you are absolutely fine this is common when we are about to do something than the confusion arrise in out minds but before asking any questions should read the policy guidelines which is quite clear