ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bettybaroness
Newly Registered

ILR confusion

Post by bettybaroness » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:02 am

Pls can someone help. I will be applying for ILR(tier 1) in 2 weeks time via peo and going through the form again, I was confused on what they meant by this on Section 11L;

11L Tier 1 (General) migrant

"If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing five years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:
Evidence specified in section 9A of this form
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

Does this actually mean I should provide the documents I used when I applied for the tier1 5 years ago?

xrootx

Re: ILR confusion

Post by xrootx » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:08 am

bettybaroness wrote:Pls can someone help. I will be applying for ILR(tier 1) in 2 weeks time via peo and going through the form again, I was confused on what they meant by this on Section 11L;

11L Tier 1 (General) migrant

"If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing five years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:
Evidence specified in section 9A of this form
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules."

Does this actually mean I should provide the documents I used when I applied for the tier1 5 years ago?
if you applying on T1 G (5 years) then this section isn't for you, leave it blank. It is only for applicants where last years are combination of T1 and other category.

Thanks

bettybaroness
Newly Registered

Post by bettybaroness » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:33 am

Thanks for your quick response. But just to be sure, I was on post study prior to going on tier1 and has been on tier1 these 5 years, so you mean this section is not applicable to me?

xrootx

Post by xrootx » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:04 am

bettybaroness wrote:Thanks for your quick response. But just to be sure, I was on post study prior to going on tier1 and has been on tier1 these 5 years, so you mean this section is not applicable to me?
Yes it is not applicable to you , I was on PSW as well and then T1. I am going to PEO next week and I have left this blank.

bettybaroness
Newly Registered

Post by bettybaroness » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:27 am

Thanks. I wish us the best.