ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please clarify Residence Requirement dates

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happyguy82

Please clarify Residence Requirement dates

Post by happyguy82 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:01 am

Hello,

I'm referring to Section 2: Residence requirements. Page 8

This form seems to be different to the previous ILR form. Here it's asking for 'Date of departure from the United Kingdom' and 'Date of return to the United Kingdom'.

I would like to ask specifically, as an example if I left the UK on 02/03/2014 and returned on 06/03/2014; should I write 02/03 as the 'Date of departure' and 06/03 as 'Date of return'? How many days 'absent' does this equal to? 3 days or 5 days?

This is confusing because on the ILR application we would only include full 24 hour absence, thus one would write 03/03/2014 - 05/03/2014 and count it as 3 days, however in Form AN it's asking for Date of departure/return so I'm guessing we need to add 1 more day on both ends.

Please advise.

Thanks.

bubulinea
Newly Registered

Re: Please clarify Residence Requirement dates

Post by bubulinea » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:07 pm

Hello,

it is confusing if it's different on the ILR form.

Anyway, it's actually the same, just put differently. The 2nd and 6th won't be counted towards your days of absence, so it would from the 3rd till the 5th (3 days). You still have to write down the dates of departure and arrival though.

Hope this helps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Just write the dates that you left and re-entered honestly. Absences for citizenship are still counted as whole days out of the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:23 pm

bubulinea wrote:Hello,

it is confusing if it's different on the ILR form.

Anyway, it's actually the same, just put differently. The 2nd and 6th won't be counted towards your days of absence, so it would from the 3rd till the 5th (3 days). You still have to write down the dates of departure and arrival though.

Hope this helps.
Ahh yes I should have read the Guidance notes. Sorry. Here it is:

Fill in this table showing the periods you have been away from the UK during the
last 5 years (3 years if you are married to or in a civil partnership with a British
citizen). Insert the number of days you were away from the UK in the last column
ignoring the day you left and the day you arrived back in the UK. If there is not
enough room for all your absences then continue on page 15. Add up the total and
write it in the space indicated.