ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MandeepD
BANNED

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by MandeepD » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi,
I am responding to yoru query about which form to use. You can call me on 00000000000 so I can discuss your options with you, as the questions you are asking are not very clear.

thanks.
imi99999 wrote:I am applying set(lr) in Feb and also for my dependence wife and kids on flr(m) but
FLR M guidance note says below

You must not use this form to make an application for an extension of stay in the following categories:
• As the partner of a serving member of HM Armed Forces under Appendix Armed Forces of the Immigration Rules. You must complete form FLR(AF).

--------->>>>>>>>>>>>
On the 10 year Partner route under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. You must complete form FLR(FP)<<<<

My questions are
1. So should I fill FLR(fp)
I meet my financial requirement quite comprehensively my earnings are over 35k enough for wife and 2 kids
2. Does my wife need LIUK( if not can she do that for her ILR app for nov 2016 when she will also complete her 10 years long residancy)
3. Since she been here for last 8 years, her english has improved a lot, what course should she do and from where which meet the requirements of her Flr(m) and also set(lr) in nov 2016

Where can she do this course

Your replays appreciated

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:45 pm

Hello every buddy ,

Congratulation to all those who has recieved their ILR since I left the forum and inshallah every one will get sooner or later one day ..
In my and shahjee absence you guys are doing very good job ... Keep it up !!

@ Ramos please keep updating your case here as I told you I am personally interested in your case so the outcome of your case will be the great help for others who have got similar situation like yours ...

Thanks
S.Akaram

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:57 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:Hello every buddy ,

Congratulation to all those who has recieved their ILR since I left the forum and inshallah every one will get sooner or later one day ..

@ Ramos please keep updating your case here as I told you I am personally interested in your case so the outcome of your case will be the great help for others who have got similar situation like yours ...

Thanks
S.Akaram
Hello mate, what are you upto? glad to see you after ages. Have you got your Mrs visa sorted?

Yes you and shahjee have been missed here and we endeavoured our best to fill that gap in the absence of you guys but not 100% successful. Luckily this week HO is processing application faster than anticipated which is a good sign, me and some other guys have got approvals and hoping rest of the people will get their approvals soon.

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:59 pm

angelStha wrote:Guys... Bad News... My Visa been rejected..!!! I am not happy with HO.. will update soon with further Information..!!
Sorry to hear that. Can you please share the reason for rejection on this forum - I'm sure senior members can help you to file an appeal.

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi,

I will be eligible to apply for ILR under long term residence (10 years) scheme in few months’ time. I’m aware I can only apply this by post and no dependents can be included with my application. Instead, dependents can apply for FLR(M) to stay with a settled person. As both my children were born in the UK, I can apply for British passport for them once I get my ILR. But, the question I have is over my wife’s visa application.

She came to the UK in February 2010 as a dependent of student visa holder. She changed to dependent of Post Study Work (PSW) visa holder in October 2010 when I changed mine to PSW. When I changed our visa to Tier 2 in 2012 she got her visa as Tier 2 dependent. When she apply for FLR(M) (same time as I change my visa to ILR), I understand she’ll be granted a visa for another 2 years. Now the questions I have are,
• When she get her visa as ILR dependent, how long she needs to spend more before she can apply for her ILR?
• The time she spent so far in the UK, will this be counted towards her ILR eligibility or her clock be set to zero once she receives her ILR dependent visa?

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:Hello every buddy ,

Thanks
S.Akaram
Hi Akaram

Yes i will update the forum once i hear fro them. 10 years have been completed last week. No biometrics till now plus no fees and documentd returned till now from previous application. Only thing they asked me last month was proofs of addess and that i didn't travel outside since submitting my previous visa application Tier 1. Now its been more than a month still no respond.

Lawyer did tell me that he is positive that i will get good decision because they consider date of decision not date of application. They will clock back the time from the date of decision till i entered here first.

Lets hope for the best

Regards

Ramos

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:59 pm

HI Guys,

My ILR has been refused by HO today. Please advice urgently, My immigration History as follows: (SORRY FOR ALL CAPITAL LETTERS)

Student from sep 2004 till SEP 2011 ( NO ISSUES)

PSW TILL 14TH JUNE 2013

APPLIED ENTREPRENEUR VISA ON FEB 2013 (REJECTED ON APRIL 2013 WITH NO APPEAL RIGHT AS VISA STILL VALID TILL JUNE 2013)

APPLIED AGAIN FRESH ENTREPRENEUR VISA ON 12TH OF JUNE 2013 ( GRANTED VISA TILL NOV 2016)

APPLIED ILR ON 28TH AUG - REJECTED:- REASON GIVEN BY HOME OFFICE BELOW -

1- APPLICATION MADE ON FEB 2013 FOR ENTREPRENEUR VISA WAS REJECTED WITH APPEAL RIGHT BUT NO APPEAL WAS MADE FOR THIS DECISION.
2. FRESH APPLICATION FOR ENTREPRENEUR VISA WAS MADE ON 12 JUNE 2013 WHICH EXCEEDS 28 DAYS PERMITTED BY HOME OFFICE.

GUYS, WHEN MY VISA WAS REJECTED THEY DID NOT GIVE APPEAL RIGHT AND I DO HAVE PROOF OF IT (REJECTION LETTER FROM HOMEOFFICE CLEARLY SAYS I DON'T HAVE APPEAL RIGHT AS MY VISA EXPIRES ON 14TH JUNE 2013). NOW THEY ARE SAYING THEY GAVE ME APPEAL RIGHT BUT I CHOOSE NOT TO APPEAL IT.

SECONDLY, WHEN I REAPPLIED ON 12 JUNE 2013, I STILL HAD VALID VISA I.E. TILL 14 JUNE 2013. THEY ARE SAYING THIS APPLICATION WAS OUT OF 28 DAYS PERIOD AND HENCE I HAVE BROKEN CONTINUOUS STAY.

THIS TIME ALSO THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN ME APPEAL RIGHT AS MY CURRENT VISA EXPIRES ONLY IN 2016. PLEASE ADVICE WHAT SHOULD I DO??

Thank you in advance. This forum has always been helpful.

K4

Post by K4 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:21 pm

angelStha wrote:HI Guys,

My ILR has been refused by HO today. Please advice urgently, My immigration History as follows: (SORRY FOR ALL CAPITAL LETTERS)

PSW TILL 14TH JUNE 2013

APPLIED ENTREPRENEUR VISA ON FEB 2013 (REJECTED ON APRIL 2013 WITH NO APPEAL RIGHT AS VISA STILL VALID TILL JUNE 2013)

APPLIED AGAIN FRESH ENTREPRENEUR VISA ON 12TH OF JUNE 2013 ( GRANTED VISA TILL NOV 2016)

1- APPLICATION MADE ON FEB 2013 FOR ENTREPRENEUR VISA WAS REJECTED WITH APPEAL RIGHT BUT NO APPEAL WAS MADE FOR THIS DECISION.
2. FRESH APPLICATION FOR ENTREPRENEUR VISA WAS MADE ON 12 JUNE 2013 WHICH EXCEEDS 28 DAYS PERMITTED BY HOME OFFICE.

GUYS, WHEN MY VISA WAS REJECTED THEY DID NOT GIVE APPEAL RIGHT AND I DO HAVE PROOF OF IT (REJECTION LETTER FROM HOMEOFFICE CLEARLY SAYS I DON'T HAVE APPEAL RIGHT AS MY VISA EXPIRES ON 14TH JUNE 2013). NOW THEY ARE SAYING THEY GAVE ME APPEAL RIGHT BUT I CHOOSE NOT TO APPEAL IT.

SECONDLY, WHEN I REAPPLIED ON 12 JUNE 2013, I STILL HAD VALID VISA I.E. TILL 14 JUNE 2013. THEY ARE SAYING THIS APPLICATION WAS OUT OF 28 DAYS PERIOD AND HENCE I HAVE BROKEN CONTINUOUS STAY.

THIS TIME ALSO THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN ME APPEAL RIGHT AS MY CURRENT VISA EXPIRES ONLY IN 2016. PLEASE ADVICE WHAT SHOULD I DO??

hi angelStha

Sorry to hear about your refusal. I would suggest ask them to reconsider and send them copies of letter. It's their fault senior members will shed some light on the matter as well cuz you don't have right to appeal this time as well reconsideration is the best option in my opinion. But keep in mind they can take God knows what time to reconsider your case. Write direct to your case worker his details will be on the letter.

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:24 pm

PSW TILL 14TH JUNE 2013

Sorry to hear about your misfortune angelStha:( This is rubbish from HO. There's no way your continuous stay is broken and I suggest you see a good solicitor and demand a review of your case since no appeal right is given to you and explain through the solicitor that throughout the duration of first entrepreneur application, rejection and reapplication you had valid visa thus 28days period is not applicable. I bet you case was dealt by some junior case worker who has no clue about it! After reading your post I'm kind of bracing for similar outcome as yours. I had valid student visa till Nov 2010 but in July 2010 I applied for PSW and got rejected without any rights of appeal due to submitting application more than one year of graduation. Then applier for for student visa extension for PhD in Nov 2010 before the valid visa expiry date which was granted till 2015 Jan. Now seeing your case and if it's the same caseworker then I'm in trouble as well! Be strong my friend and do what you have to do, you'll be fine since it's clear that they have made a mistake, it's just more mental stress I guess. My prayers and well wishes for you mate.

ilruk84
United Kingdom

Post by ilruk84 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:38 pm

PSW TILL 14TH JUNE 2013

Hi angelStha,

Sorry to hear about your refusal. I had the same scenario which you have the only difference is I was rejected for PSW. I was here on student visa till 2009 and applied for PSW in MAY2009 with student visa valid till OCT2009. My PSW was rejected in June 13 2009 without right of appeal saying that I have valid visa till OCT2009 I reapplied on 20th July 2009 and PSW was granted in August 2009. I recently got my ILR on 10 year basis without any issue. You should definitely apply for reconsideration and hopefully they will realise their mistake

Best of Luck

Thanks

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:43 pm

PSW TILL 14TH JUNE 2013

This is a big blunder from HO. You can challenge them with the evidences you have got already. You will certainly win your appeal.

UndeclardHUMAN
Newly Registered

Post by UndeclardHUMAN » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:48 pm

PSW TILL 14TH JUNE 2013

Dear angelStha,

I was a silent reader till now and today your refusal forced me to share my feelings with others.
I am equally sad and shocked with the outcome of your application. This is just a "b**l-s**t".
My advice is to see a qualified solicitor before taking a next step because 10 years is more than 25% of a man's life.
Kindly if you don't mind ,reply my couple of questions which will be helpful for all of us and hopefully for your as well.

1- When you submitted your 1st Tier 1 Ent application in FEB 2013 obviously you returned your PSW BRP to HO.When you application was rejected with no right to appeal ,did you receive back your PSW BRP?

2-If it was returned to you then apparently you have continuous legal stay and if it was not returned then what did HO inform you about your immigration status in the rejection letter?

Regards,

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Salam Forum,
I didn't pay attention on page 28 as far as I know clicked on box but forgot to read full statement. I did send my orginal doucuments (Passports, Brp Card, Liuk and MBA degree) but forgot to send photocopies. My question : does it make any effect on application or not...

Kind Regards,
Saleem

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:58 pm

PSW TILL 14TH JUNE 2013

Blunder by the HO, sad day on the forum. This decision needs to be reversed. Be strong in this time, take your time to locate a credible solicitor to assist with this case.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:59 pm

PSW TILL 14TH JUNE 2013

@angel,dear i am really sorry to hear about your refusal but i am absolutely confident that HO made a serious blunder about your case as you have mentioned when your visa was refused,you have not given the right of an appeal then how HO could say you were given the right of appeal.if you have been given an appeal right against this current refusal then without wasting any time collect your entire proofs and go to some top solicitor and explain to him in brief as i think if your solicitor make a good case and attach proofs of your last refusal then this matter could resolve on the basis of even first action protocol and HO could reverse decision but if you are not given an appeal right in this current situation then you also on solid grounds as you could straight go for reconsideration/judicial review and you will succeed trust me.it may take few months more but you will be granted as this is the serious negligence by the HO.
shahfurqan

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:08 pm

saleem19k wrote:Salam Forum,
I didn't pay attention on page 28 as far as I know clicked on box but forgot to read full statement. I did send my orginal doucuments (Passports, Brp Card, Liuk and MBA degree) but forgot to send photocopies. My question : does it make any effect on application or not...

Kind Regards,
Saleem
@saleem,mate you are constantly uploading the same question time and time again,are you not been satisfied the replies you have received. :lol: :lol: :lol:

londonuk9
England

Post by londonuk9 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:10 pm

guys with grace of god i got approval today by post.

i applied on 05/09/2014

i am on tracker as londonuk9 from that date.

my approval date is 13/01/2015 and i received today by post .

thank you very much forum for great information and sharing experience.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:21 pm

londonuk9 wrote:guys with grace of god i got approval today by post.

i applied on 05/09/2014

Good luck dear,do not forget us in your prayers.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:27 pm

PSW TILL 14TH JUNE 2013

Dear Angel,
Sorry to hear the bad news. I know it could be very painful. Its definately the mistake of HO case worker. You will get there eventually. I had one refusal before for Tier 1 General with no right of appeal as I had the valid visa at that time. But luckily I had got my SAR file which clearly says in it that Refused but no right of appeal. I would advise you to get SAR File asap to back up your reconsideration. They should know that they dont give right of appeal if someone has valid visa at the time of refusal but they dont care that their small mistake can cause how much damage to someone. All the best.

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:37 pm

i applied on 05/09/2014

Congrats may u make the most of your newly found freedom. Do Continue upholding n respecting the laws of the land
Last edited by baba JJ on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

dareto10
Newly Registered

Post by dareto10 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi londonuk9,

Congrats!!!

Do you know when your approval letter was posted by HO?

Was it 2nd class signed for and what time did it arrive?

Thank you.

i applied on 05/09/2014

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:22 pm

i applied on 05/09/2014

Many congratulations. Great news. Enjoy your rebirth on immigration free planet, at least for you. Good luck

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:22 pm

Salaam, Namaste, Sasriakar & Hello to all the respected members,

I have been a silent reader of this forum after submitting my application. I should have joined in before submitting as there is no doubt that this forum is quite helpful.

Below is my Application Kundlee,

Application Submitted : 1st Dec 2014
Fees Deducted : 03-12-2014
Ack & Bio Received together: 17-12-2014
Bio Enrolled: 18-12-2014
Decision : Pending

I know the average waiting time is between 3-4 months. But I personally know cpl of people who got their approvals in 6 weeks. (Every application is different I know) but this gives a positive feeling.

Congratulations to all who got their approvals and good luck to those who are still waiting including me.

I have seen on the forum after the approval people greets by saying enjoy your freedom now.

Even after getting your ILR you can still be stopped at Airport for intensive questioning for up to 10 hours.( Obviously not everyone will have the same situation) Recently my friend had the same experience so in my opinion the real freedom will be after getting the passport choda (14) August tay may us din manawan ga ;)

Regards,

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:51 pm

Today i called HO ... a miserable guy has not given even basic update of my application. As ususal set response that settlement category type of applications take 6 months to decide application so you have to wait until you get your decision from us. just to let you forum i have applied on 21st Sept, 2014 ...... still my wait continue and hopeful like other members who are still waiting for decision :shock: :( :( :(
jignesh

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:35 am

jignesh455 wrote:Today i called HO ... a miserable guy has not given even basic update of my application. As ususal set response that settlement category type of applications take 6 months to decide application so you have to wait until you get your decision from us. just to let you forum i have applied on 21st Sept, 2014 ...... still my wait continue and hopeful like other members who are still waiting for decision :shock: :( :( :(

Jignesh ... that guys name started with" M " I got the same guy horrible person but hey give it a week me in the same date range expect your application to be seen this weekend and get approval next thrusday ;-)