ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to send along with MN1 form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramtheconqueror

Documents to send along with MN1 form

Post by ramtheconqueror » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Hello All,

I want to send my son's MN1 by post. Is it worth to pay to use Nationality Checking Service?

Birth certificate, father's ILR BRP photocopy, and mother's ILR BRP photocopy - these are the documents I'm going to send. Any more documents required? Also, do these photocopies needs to be certified by a banker or someone?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Subtle

Re: Documents to send along with MN1 form

Post by Subtle » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:12 pm

ramtheconqueror wrote:Hello All,

I want to send my son's MN1 by post. Is it worth to pay to use Nationality Checking Service?

Birth certificate, father's ILR BRP photocopy, and mother's ILR BRP photocopy - these are the documents I'm going to send. Any more documents required? Also, do these photocopies needs to be certified by a banker or someone?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Its always a good idea to go through NCS as they are there to spot any mistakes / missing docs in your form and avoid delays because of this. But its entirely up to the applicant whether to choose them or not. I personally did not choose them because I was confident enough in my application and was successful. However, MN1 is relatively easy and you should be able to fill it correctly yourself.

I would advise you to send only what is required. BRP copies are additional in this case. But what does a banker have to do with certifying copies of originals?
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

ramtheconqueror

Post by ramtheconqueror » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:38 pm

Thanks Subtle.

I don't think it is worth paying NCS for MN1 but I will go to them next year for my AN application.
  1. Original birth certificate
  2. Father's Original BRP card
  3. Mother's Original BRP card
  4. Father's recent passport
  5. Mother's recent passport
  6. Marriage certificate
  7. Recent utility bill
are these good enough? If not, could you please advise what documents did you send?

Thanks in advance.

ramtheconqueror

Post by ramtheconqueror » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:55 am

any suggestions here please?

drdheer
United Kingdom

Post by drdheer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:32 pm

Hello mate,

Could you please tell me which documents you sent along with MN1 form of your child? I am also looking to apply for my son through post but not sure about whether to send original BRP or just photocopies.

What were the timelines in your case?

Many Thanks

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:53 am

No need to send the original BRP of parents.
Just attach a photocopy.
I did it and it went fine.

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:53 pm

cfdman wrote:No need to send the original BRP of parents.
Just attach a photocopy.
I did it and it went fine.
Hi cfd.
Good to see ur reply again.Many thanks for your previous responses.u mentioned both parents photocopy.but do the child's BRP ORIGINAL card to be submitted according to new forms?.I don't know whether I have done right or wrong I have submitted my son's original brp card.I will wait and see
Regards,
RJ

U minor

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:07 pm

i did submit the brp of the kid, although i don't think it is needed (as per the old form).