ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice - Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rb51
Newly Registered

Advice - Naturalisation

Post by rb51 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:57 am

hi all,

Me and my wife are EEA nationals and have been to the UK for the past 17-years. We have decided to apply for British citizenship as we feel that we may stay here for a long while still.

Few questions for the experts:

1) Proof of English:
My wife is okay as she did a Master's degree (2011 - University of Bedfordshire);

Me:
- I have got a First Certificate in English (awarded back in 1997) when there was B1 CEFR, etc. It was either A,B,C or fail.
- I also have an UETESOL (back 1998) University Entrance Test of English for Speakers of Other Languages (NEAB board - AQA - City&Guilds).
- English for Business (1998 - City&Guilds).
- Post Graduate Certificate in Marketing (2003 - University of Westminster).

I searched the Ofqual website but cannot find those certificates as such.

Am I right in assuming that I will NOT have to take a further English test?

2) Is it worth paying a £100 fee for the local council immigration service to assess, certify and process our applications?

Comments are much appreciated.

rb51

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Re: Advice - Naturalisation

Post by gbhsmp » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:43 pm

You could go for NARIC which costs a bit less
http://ecctis.co.uk/naric/Individuals/s ... rices.aspx

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:57 pm

I found NCS very useful and helpful when I submitted my application and it was worth the money in my opinion.
I am sometimes wrong.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:21 pm

i am applying for citizenship as an eu citizen as well .does anyone know if i need to send my passport or just national id would be sufficient. in supporting documents section 3 says all applicant should send passport as evidence of lawful residence.
anyone has any idea.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:22 pm

i am applying for citizenship as an eu citizen as well .does anyone know if i need to send my passport or just national id would be sufficient. in supporting documents section 3 says all applicant should send passport as evidence of lawful residence.
anyone has any idea.

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Post by gbhsmp » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Passport "as evidence " for lawful residence.
This means that your passport _usually_ has in/out stamps to confirm that the days of absence as claimed by you in the application form
I applied as Indian but my previous passports were lost. I told this to NCS and they got in touch with people at UKBA and it was noted that I keep the scanned copies of the lost passports (I fortunately had full scanned copies uptill a week before they got lost)
The application went forward smoothly. India has both IN and OUT stamps in passport for all visits.

Some of the countries do not use in/out stamps. In this case I think SAR report might become necessary. I am not fully sure but experts in group or NCS may be able to advice. It is easier to call NCS and talk to them about this. They (in my opinion) are quite informed about situations like this and also have previous experience of how similar cases were processed. So NCS will be able to advice over phone.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:38 pm

gbhsmp wrote:Passport "as evidence " for lawful residence.
This means that your passport _usually_ has in/out stamps to confirm that the days of absence as claimed by you in the application form
I applied as Indian but my previous passports were lost. I told this to NCS and they got in touch with people at UKBA and it was noted that I keep the scanned copies of the lost passports (I fortunately had full scanned copies uptill a week before they got lost)
The application went forward smoothly. India has both IN and OUT stamps in passport for all visits.

Some of the countries do not use in/out stamps. In this case I think SAR report might become necessary. I am not fully sure but experts in group or NCS may be able to advice. It is easier to call NCS and talk to them about this. They (in my opinion) are quite informed about situations like this and also have previous experience of how similar cases were processed. So NCS will be able to advice over phone.
i am an eu citizen there s no stamp on my passport within EU.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:12 pm

you can always call your local NCS and ask but I think that you should submit your passport, first as it is required and second it shows your absences from the UK.
I am sometimes wrong.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:01 am

milan69 wrote:you can always call your local NCS and ask but I think that you should submit your passport, first as it is required and second it shows your absences from the UK.
how they are gonna check if i stay in europe for 2 years and then come back as i said no stamp but will have advice from ncs.

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:24 am

There are ways of checking your presence and absences from UK for example from your employer and bank among the others.
I am sometimes wrong.