ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant switching from tier1 to ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Golddst
Newly Registered

Dependant switching from tier1 to ILR

Post by Golddst » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi, I was on Tier1 general since 12/12/2009 , My wife joined me in August 2010 as Tier1 general dependant visa, her visa expires in February 2015. I applied on 11/11/2014 for my ILR? My wife's visa expires in February 2015, because she hasn't passed her english test as yet I didn't applied her visa with me. Can some1 please let me know what if she passes her english test and life in uk b4 her visa expires and my ILR visa doesn't come back from home office (as it takes 3 months at least) what kind of visa my wife will apply under and which form do I need to fill in for her also what financial document do I need to produce. What If my wife doesn't pass her english test b4 her visa expires then what visa category she will apply under and what form do I need to use also what financial documents do I need to produce.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant switching from tier1 to ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:52 pm

She can apply to extend her Tier 1 dependent visa on the PBS dependent form. There is no need for her to switch.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:48 pm

If she passes her test before her leave expires, she can apply for ILR, as it appears she will meet the requirement of 319E.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Golddst
Newly Registered

Post by Golddst » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:59 am

Tnx mate