ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP (RC) - Replacement due to being lost

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrapplicant2013

BRP (RC) - Replacement due to being lost

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:52 am

Hello again Board,

The new layout looks good.

2 quick queries, lost BRP, applied for a new one.
1. Timelines for lost BRP these days - Been 6 weeks and yet no response from home office, is it taking this long for everyone ? (I am on ILR)
For the careless person that I am, I had lost it last year as well, right after I got my ILR card. That time it took about 2-3 weeks, so was hoping for the same this time, but 6 weeks and I am told it is still in progress.

Not sure what is the real verfication process with this, but anyway was looking if others are also facing the same issue.

2. Need to travel urgent - I had anyway taken the chance and left UK, medical emergency here. Now if I have to get back to UK, is it possible for me to get back with my ILR approval letter, xerox of my BRP card and the passport showing multiple stampings with the Visa number mentioned on it ? I dont want to apply for a replacement BRP visa ecause it takes 10-15 days to process and they take my passport back.
There are good chances that i will get my BRP and my friend courier it to me before that.

Any expereinces and advice please do share.

argus7
Wales

Re: BRP (RC) - Replacement due to being lost

Post by argus7 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:24 am

a replacement BRP can take anything from 8 weeks to 6 months. There is nothing you can do and you def cannot come back to UK with an ILR approval letter.

check the BRP centre and ask them about the status, I think the centre is at Swansea.

asky500
Newly Registered

Post by asky500 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Hello Mate - I am in a similar boat. I need to apply for a BRP(RC). Any update, has this come back yet for you?

diwakar21
Newly Registered

Post by diwakar21 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Unfortunately no reply. However I got the contact number of UKVI to discuss and ask about the documents requirement.

www.ukvi-iternational.faq-help.com

If you access this website you can find the contact details by selecting the country in which you are applying.

fqvision

Post by fqvision » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:15 am

ilrapplicant2013 wrote:Hello again Board,

The new layout looks good.

2 quick queries, lost BRP, applied for a new one.
1. Timelines for lost BRP these days - Been 6 weeks and yet no response from home office, is it taking this long for everyone ? (I am on ILR)
For the careless person that I am, I had lost it last year as well, right after I got my ILR card. That time it took about 2-3 weeks, so was hoping for the same this time, but 6 weeks and I am told it is still in progress.

Not sure what is the real verfication process with this, but anyway was looking if others are also facing the same issue.

2. Need to travel urgent - I had anyway taken the chance and left UK, medical emergency here. Now if I have to get back to UK, is it possible for me to get back with my ILR approval letter, xerox of my BRP card and the passport showing multiple stampings with the Visa number mentioned on it ? I dont want to apply for a replacement BRP visa ecause it takes 10-15 days to process and they take my passport back.
There are good chances that i will get my BRP and my friend courier it to me before that.

Any expereinces and advice please do share.

Hi

i apply for replacement today over 7 weeks now, no update yet.
:(

INFOSRI
Newly Registered

Post by INFOSRI » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:21 pm

Hi All, I was waiting for last four months for the replacement card Does any one know what are these lengthy standard periods periods meant for, After already paying the penalty for the lost card and time.
Regards,
Infosri.