ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:40 am

@angelStha

No words to describe how we all feel .... I really wish and hope that things will be sorted out in your favor soon .

God bless , Be strong don't let rejections take control of your senses ... You are in a strong position to fight for your right .

Good luck our prayers are with you .

Felling really bad when one of our members get's rejection :( :(

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:21 am

maddysheffield wrote:
jignesh455 wrote:Today i called HO ... a miserable guy has not given even basic update of my application. As ususal set response that settlement category type of applications take 6 months to decide application so you have to wait until you get your decision from us. just to let you forum i have applied on 21st Sept, 2014 ...... still my wait continue and hopeful like other members who are still waiting for decision :shock: :( :( :(

Jignesh ... that guys name started with" M " I got the same guy horrible person but hey give it a week me in the same date range expect your application to be seen this weekend and get approval next thrusday ;-)
fingure cross buddy .... i wish it happens and thanks for concern and support to everyone here and wish you a luck in all !!!
jignesh

refusal2014
Newly Registered

Post by refusal2014 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:20 am

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing fine.

I have been a silent reader and reading ILR related information of people facing issues with their applications.

Now is the time to share mine. Hope you guys can help me out too.

I am from Pakistan but I was born in UAE. i never lived in Pakistan and have no social or family ties within. All my family, friends lives in UAE but unfortunately due to residence permit restrictions i had to give up my UAE residence in 2012. Which means i cannot go back to the country where i was born and cannot even go back to Pakistan because i never lived there.

My case is based on ILR continuous residence (10 Years).

i came to UK in Aug 2004.
granted visas every year.
Jan 2011 Granted ( PSW) for 2 years).
December 2013 PSW expired and extended visa as Tier 1 General valid until June 2014.
Applied FLR(O) In June and before the decision in August I took the advantage of 28 days, applied ILR based on 10 years continuous residence.
Refused ILR on the 17th November 2014 and given the right of Appeal.

Issue:
In 2006 my father passed away and i had to travel back to Dubai and stayed there for 65 days due to all idiotic rules of UAE government.
In 2011 my mother got ill and I had to travel back and stayed there for 190 days in total as my mother had surgery and i had to look after her. In total of 10 years I stayed all together 557 days which should be 540 days.

My ILR refused due to the 190 days stayed outside the UK which considered to be broken period. Though i provided the evidence of my mother's medical certificate and also provided the death certificate but the case worker did not take these two evidence into consideration.

The case worker also mentioned in the refusal letter that i was born in Pakistan and have strong ties with the country which is not the case.

i have my appeal hearing soon and i am going through so much stress as you all know Solicitors in the UK are just money making machines and are not wise enough to help. So Guys i request all of you to give me your advises which may help me to win my case.

Regards,

R2014.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:11 am

refusal2014 wrote:Hi All,

I have been a silent reader and reading ILR related information of people facing issues with their applications.

I am from Pakistan but I was born in UAE. i never lived in Pakistan and have no social or family ties within. All my family, friends lives in UAE but unfortunately due to residence permit restrictions i had to give up my UAE residence in 2012. Which means i cannot go back to the country where i was born and cannot even go back to Pakistan because i never lived there.

December 2013 PSW expired and extended visa as Tier 1 General valid until June 2014.
Applied FLR(O) In June and before the decision in August I took the advantage of 28 days, applied ILR based on 10 years continuous residence.

Issue:
In 2006 my father passed away and i had to travel back to Dubai and stayed there for 65 days due to all idiotic rules of UAE government.
In 2011 my mother got ill and I had to travel back and stayed there for 190 days in total as my mother had surgery and i had to look after her. In total of 10 years I stayed all together 557 days which should be 540 days.

My ILR refused due to the 190 days stayed outside the UK which considered to be broken period. Though i provided the evidence of my mother's medical certificate and also provided the death certificate but the case worker did not take these two evidence into consideration.

The case worker also mentioned in the refusal letter that i was born in Pakistan and have strong ties with the country which is not the case.

i have my appeal hearing soon and i am going through so much stress as you all know Solicitors in the UK are just money making machines and are not wise enough to help. So Guys i request all of you to give me your advises which may help me to win my case.

Regards,

R2014.
@Refusal2014,sorry to hear you have been refused in past and wish you best of luck with your appeal and do hope so you will win.As you said you were over 540 days and at one occasion you spent more than six months at one go but i am very surprised that as per your post you had the solid reason to stay away and strong evidence in form of medical evidences which should had been considered and secondly the most surprisingly thing is if you are on the opinion that you were borned in UAE and you have no ties with pakistan then how the hell the case worker is giving and mentioning it in a refusal.well as you are near to your appeal or hearing the best thing is that you must have all the evidences in documentary forms and especially you must have your birth certificate where you were born and it would be more nice if you have got some more evidences like school certificates or any kind of letters which could proof that which could make them believe you were born there and spent a life over there.to winning the case you must be talking straight with solid proofs and evidences as there is nothing much you could do anyway besides that.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:17 am

jignesh455 wrote:Today i called HO ... a miserable guy has not given even basic update of my application. As ususal set response that settlement category type of applications take 6 months to decide application so you have to wait until you get your decision from us. just to let you forum i have applied on 21st Sept, 2014 ...... still my wait continue and hopeful like other members who are still waiting for decision :shock: :( :( :(
@jignesh,mate do not panic yourself by ringing them as end of day you will get more frustrated.you have applied as on 21 September so if you consider your case straight forward then as maddy said the next week could be yours by the grace of Almighty.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:23 am

Jernifrmstudent2ilr wrote:Salaam, Namaste, Sasriakar & Hello to all the respected members,

I have been a silent reader of this forum after submitting my application. I should have joined in before submitting as there is no doubt that this forum is quite helpful.

Below is my Application Kundlee,

Application Submitted : 1st Dec 2014
Fees Deducted : 03-12-2014
Ack & Bio Received together: 17-12-2014
Bio Enrolled: 18-12-2014
Decision : Pending

I know the average waiting time is between 3-4 months. But I personally know cpl of people who got their approvals in 6 weeks. (Every application is different I know) but this gives a positive feeling.

Congratulations to all who got their approvals and good luck to those who are still waiting including me.

I have seen on the forum after the approval people greets by saying enjoy your freedom now.

Even after getting your ILR you can still be stopped at Airport for intensive questioning for up to 10 hours.( Obviously not everyone will have the same situation) Recently my friend had the same experience so in my opinion the real freedom will be after getting the passport choda (14) August tay may us din manawan ga ;)

Regards,
WELCOME TO THE WAITING TRAIN MATE

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:25 am

maddysheffield wrote:@angelStha

No words to describe how we all feel .... I really wish and hope that things will be sorted out in your favor soon .

God bless , Be strong don't let rejections take control of your senses ... You are in a strong position to fight for your right .

Good luck our prayers are with you .

Felling really bad when one of our members get's rejection :( :(
@maddy,agree mate as this is really sad :( :(

refusal2014
Newly Registered

Post by refusal2014 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:15 am

shahfurqan wrote:
refusal2014 wrote:Hi All,

Issue:

Regards,

R2014.
@Refusal2014,sorry to hear you have been refused in past and wish you best of luck with your appeal and do hope so you will win.As you said you were over 540 days and at one occasion you spent more than six months at one go but i am very surprised that as per your post you had the solid reason to stay away and strong evidence in form of medical evidences which should had been considered and secondly the most surprisingly thing is if you are on the opinion that you were borned in UAE and you have no ties with pakistan then how the hell the case worker is giving and mentioning it in a refusal.well as you are near to your appeal or hearing the best thing is that you must have all the evidences in documentary forms and especially you must have your birth certificate where you were born and it would be more nice if you have got some more evidences like school certificates or any kind of letters which could proof that which could make them believe you were born there and spent a life over there.to winning the case you must be talking straight with solid proofs and evidences as there is nothing much you could do anyway besides that.

Thanks Shah sahab for your help. I will get all the documents asap.

Malavan
Newly Registered

Post by Malavan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:16 am

Guys,
I have a question:
The home office is saying we shouldn't be out of the country more than 90 days each year. So how do they caculate this 90 days?
Is that January to January each year or is that the first day you left the country up to 1 year after?
And how many days in total during the 10 years we shouldn't be out of the country?

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:25 am

Malavan wrote:Guys,
I have a question:
The home office is saying we shouldn't be out of the country more than 90 days each year. So how do they caculate this 90 days?
Is that January to January each year or is that the first day you left the country up to 1 year after?
And how many days in total during the 10 years we shouldn't be out of the country?

@Malavan can you shed light where did you find that info its a bit confusing ? below info from shahjee :-)

Hi Tanzeela and S. Akaram,
I better clarify here that Tanzeela's information is correct, it is not 90 days it is 180 days out side UK at one go, that will break the continuous residence. And it shouldn't be more than a total of 539 days out side in the whole 10 years.
So Mazuk you are cool to apply.
I hope it helps to clarify.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Counting days will be year from the day they issued visa to you ... if your visa was issued on 1st July 2005 then one year will be 30 June 2015

PYRZAN
Newly Registered

Post by PYRZAN » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:41 am

viganooriah wrote:
fielddrive wrote:@viganooriah any updates from you mate... we are eagerly waiting to hear about your approval... its been loooooooooong
Very nice of you for asking Fielddrive...
Up until today I haven't had anything yet. I've been calling the Home Office on a weekly basis, and still the same standard answer.
Tumbin advised me, and I did get in touch with my MP 2 weeks ago tomorrow Friday 21 Nov. I'll call my MP again tomorrow to chase him up.
It's been over 6 months now, but I'm wondering if I will also be able to apply for naturalisation 15 from the date I applied for my ILR?
Hi Vigan, I visited ''What do they know'' website and I saw your topic.Can you update your situation please?Any responds from HO? I took only IELTS B1 exam in this same LPS branch like you but in January 2014. I applied for british citizenship in July but, unfortunately I found Daily Mail article yesterday.

mian-suraj
Newly Registered

Post by mian-suraj » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:38 pm

hi guys ...
sad news i been rejected...it is on very silly reason
received it today,,, it quite pathetic experience
lets see whats comes next

they give me right to appeal and also make decision of removal...
what exactly this mean...
so until of my right of appeal exhaust i m untouchable or not
plz do update me

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:46 pm

mian-suraj wrote:hi guys ...

plz do update me

@mian-suraj Can't be any bad then this 2 rejections in two days have made me really sad . I'm really sorry to hear this these two contradict each other .

You need to put the whole letter mate ....

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:10 pm

plz do update me

That's really sad...But don't feel down mate! Stand up and give your stong shot - prepare all the documents you need for appeal and put your case forward within the time limit.

I'm sure senior members (or others who had similar experience) will you the necessary tips. Please share your immigration history and the the reason HO quoted for refusal.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:16 pm

plz do update me
im sure many of us want to know the reason!

whats the reason and do you agree with it. why not?

stay strong mate
Application sent (AN Form): Fri 04/03/2016 via POST
app fee taken: Mon 14/03/2016
Ack received: 17/03/2016
Biometric received: 17/03/2016
Biometric recorded: 19/03/2016
Approval date: 25/04/2016
Spreadsheet

asimshah1
Newly Registered

Post by asimshah1 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:01 pm

AOA Hi Guys
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Wait Over
Got Call From My Solicitor ILR Approved
Alhumdulilah I was Very Stressed will update on Tracker as well
Great Forum Great Guys Got Lot Of Help And Support from you will be touch Applying for my son and wife ILR soon will back in this waiting boat AGAIN
Once Again Thanks All Of You
Applied on 20th Sep

nymphaeaurora
Newly Registered

Post by nymphaeaurora » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:00 pm

asimshah1 wrote:AOA Hi Guys
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Wait Over
Got Call From My Solicitor ILR Approved
Alhumdulilah I was Very Stressed will update on Tracker as well
Great Forum Great Guys Got Lot Of Help And Support from you will be touch Applying for my son and wife ILR soon will back in this waiting boat AGAIN
Once Again Thanks All Of You
Applied on 20th Sep
Congratulations! enjoy your freedom

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:13 pm

[quote="mian-suraj"]here is my immigration history ###

1.. i got student visa back home on 12th august 2004....arrived uk 23 Aug 2004
visa valid from 12-aug-2004 to 12-dec-2005.

2.. applied for student extension 9-12-2005
payment methos was wrong(though it was right) --invalid application return on 21 dec 2005
submitted after giving same bank details again invalid application return 12 jan 2006 submitted next day with postal order and got visa on 27th jan 2006
visa valid from 27-jan 2006 to 30 june 2006.

3..applied for student extension on 17 june 2006... every thing goes normat got visa
valid from 5th july 2006 till 30-nov 2006

4..applied for segs visa on 23 nov 2006 --payment method gone wrong though it was right application invalid came back 30th nov 2006....
applied again with cheque 3 dec 2006 and gain visa
valid from 02-jan-2007 to 02 jan 2008

5.was stupid enough to go back on student visa applied last day i-e 02 jan 2008
every thing gone normal got visa
valid from 24 jan 2008 to 31 march 2009

6.applied for psw on 23 march 2009
was refused on 15th may 2009 ...
lost tribunal apeal on 15th july 2009 given right of appeal to high court which i did used and lost there 12 august 2009
but wisely i submitted student application on 11 august 2009 and got visa
valid from 14-sep 2009 to 31 july 2012..(it was only big short in my case history and time of peace visa wise)

7.applied 3rd july 2012 as student
valid from 12 sep 2012 to 30 sep 2014 (you may be thinking my worries are over,, no dear not lets see)

8..college where i was studying suspended but not revoked on march 2013
i paniced and took addmission in other college i submited case on 30th april 2013
2nd may 2013 that college as well gone out ofHO list... i cancelled my cheque by solicter advice becoz my previous college was still suspended not revoke...case came back on 19 may 2013..
and i start waiting for revokation of my current college which happen on 4 july 2013

9. i took admission in new college submit file again on 2nd august 2013
valid from 05-sep-2013 to 30 aug 2014
finished my course on 30th june 2014. and on 3rd aug 2014 this college was dropped out of list but i m done with this institute by 30 june 2014.

10. on 4th aug 2014 i applied for ILR ,,,,and still waiting for approval
i submitted with my application form
for englis my master's degree
life in uk test
but i not submitted any cover letter now u tell me where i m standing....

This is Mian-suraj details .... we are waiting for exact wording of the rejection letter to advice but if anyone can advice with the info above please do so ..

Thanks

Ojey

Post by Ojey » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi all.
I got a call from my solicitor today with the good news.
Al Hamdoulillah!
I been granted ILR, my documents are back, and will be waiting for the bio card over the next few days.
Big thanks to the forum and good luck to people still waiting.

Peace.

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Hello Guys,

My 10 years is going to complete on 19th February 2015 and I heard that you can apply 28 days before Can you please guide me which date I should send my application.

Thanks,
Tahir

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:41 pm

tahir.usman201 wrote:Hello Guys,

My 10 years is going to complete on 19th February 2015 and I heard that you can apply 28 days before Can you please guide me which date I should send my application.

Thanks,
Tahir

@tahir Usman , 28 days day before you reach the milstone ;-) which is 23 for some 24th for some ( friday and weekend) .... But if I were you I would apply on 26th January Monday to be totally safe .

Couple of days will with in 28 days is always better as now a days HO is run by some untrained staff it will be a pain if they send rejection for just 1 day ... I hope you get it .

Thanks

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:46 pm

Ojey wrote:Hi all.
I got a call from my solicitor today with the good news.
Al Hamdoulillah!
I been granted ILR, my documents are back, and will be waiting for the bio card over the next few days.
Big thanks to the forum and good luck to people still waiting.

Peace.

congrats

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:08 pm

plz do update me
@suraj,its been the second unfortunate day and unfortunately you are the second one of the second day as i have to be very honest have no wording to express my feelings but all i could say this is not the end of world or life but just a part of life.you did not clarify why have u been rejected and that is why though we knew your case was really complexed but if you put the rejection reasons then it will be easy for us but one thing is confirm that if they given you the appeal right then u must take it serious and you should not waste your time.when you have put your appeal forward then you are not touchable.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:14 pm

Malavan wrote:Guys,
I have a question:

@malavan,total number of days you could spend outside uk must not exceed 539 or a total of 18 months

your time towards long residence will start the time you enter into the UK

total number of days you could spend outside uk must not exceed 180 days which comes 6 months

when counting your absences the departure day and the arrival day is not included.

Syannelle
Newly Registered

Post by Syannelle » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi All,

Just got an email from my solicitor that my application has been approved.
Thank you all for your contributions on this forum.
However, it is quite unfortunate that some people decided to make the google drive lose all its credibility.
My application (the one and only submitted on 02.09.2014) has been marked as approved for quite some time now. I gave up correcting it....I let one of you kindly update it for me.
Decision date :14 Jan 2015
Docs received: 16 Jan 2015

May Allah Approve all applications submitted by all the members :D !!!!