ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!!!! age proof problem and legal residence query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

birdy1980

Urgent!!!! age proof problem and legal residence query

Post by birdy1980 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:49 pm

Hi

I am currently in UK on Work permit. I want to apply for HSMP and I qualify with 95 points.

Q1) What will my current legal country of residence be? Can I put India?
Q2)I have a birth certificate which is in my local language ( Marathi). I got the same translated by a notary in Mumbai affiliated to High Court. But I am not sure whether he is in the list of the one provided by British Embassy.
I also got my passport pages notarised.
My driving licence is a reissued one as the original was lost. The front page of the licence reads "Motor Vehicle Licence" and above it in a line there is a stamp which reads DUPLICATE though its not very clear.
Please advise me what I should do in this case

Regards

birdy

virgoguy
Newly Registered

Post by virgoguy » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:17 pm

Hi Birdy,

I just spoke to a translator in bangalore and checked the meaning of "RECOGNISED TRANSLATOR" She had no clue, although she said their company has done some translations for HSMP candidates.

She also suggested me to get the translated document notarised. So looks like this is one of the steps!

But no harm in sending the license too. Although it says Duplicate, it is still issued by the RTO...you can mention this on the covering letter.

BTW is there no possibility of getting a marathi+english combination Birth certificate? I got mine like that from Pune...

jattzp
Newly Registered

Post by jattzp » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:13 am

Why dont you try Global Translators UK Ltd.?
They are the registered translators in England and Wales and charge £25 per page for Birth/marriage certificates. They provide you a supporting letter saying that they have translated and proofread all these documents. so you can use it anywhere with that supporting letter. If any doubt you can check with other members of forum who has used their services. you can contcat them at info@globaltranslators.co.uk, www.globaltranslators.co.uk, 07883024604
Ta
Jattz