ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Syannelle wrote:Hi All,

Just got an email from my solicitor that my application has been approved.
Thank you all for your contributions on this forum.
However, it is quite unfortunate that some people decided to make the google drive lose all its credibility.
My application (the one and only submitted on 02.09.2014) has been marked as approved for quite some time now. I gave up correcting it....I let one of you kindly update it for me.
Decision date :14 Jan 2015
Docs received: 16 Jan 2015

May Allah Approve all applications submitted by all the members :D !!!!
congrats dear,do not forget to pray for all of us who are awaiting with heavy hearts :lol: :lol: :lol:

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:05 pm

asimshah1 wrote:AOA Hi Guys
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Wait Over
Got Call From My Solicitor ILR Approved
Alhumdulilah I was Very Stressed will update on Tracker as well
Great Forum Great Guys Got Lot Of Help And Support from you will be touch Applying for my son and wife ILR soon will back in this waiting boat AGAIN
Once Again Thanks All Of You
Applied on 20th Sep
Congrats mate, enjoy ur immigration relief. Do continue to upholding the laws of the land

tahir.usman201

Post by tahir.usman201 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:36 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
tahir.usman201 wrote:Hello Guys,

My 10 years is going to complete on 19th February 2015 and I heard that you can apply 28 days before Can you please guide me which date I should send my application.

Thanks,
Tahir

@tahir Usman , 28 days day before you reach the milstone ;-) which is 23 for some 24th for some ( friday and weekend) .... But if I were you I would apply on 26th January Monday to be totally safe .

Couple of days will with in 28 days is always better as now a days HO is run by some untrained staff it will be a pain if they send rejection for just 1 day ... I hope you get it .

Thanks
Thanks Maddy really appreciate that. I was thinking to send aswell on Monday 26th January.

mian-suraj
Newly Registered

Post by mian-suraj » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:54 pm

hi guys,
if u guys been familiar with my history they refused me on following
2.. applied for student extension 9-12-2005
payment methos was wrong(though it was right) --invalid application return on 21 dec 2005
submitted after giving same bank details again invalid application return 12 jan 2006 submitted next day with postal order and got visa on 27th jan 2006
visa valid from 27-jan 2006 to 30 june 2006.

HO SAID I BROKE MY CONTINUITY HERE. HO is saying i m overstayed here by 36 days.
BUT I M REALLY SURPRISE BECAUSE THEY MENTION in different guidelines THAT IF IN-TIME APPLICATION HAPPEN TO BE INVALID THEN U HAVE ANOTHER 28 DAYS FROM THE RECEIVING of NOTICE OF INVALIDITY
BUT SEEMS LIKE IN MY case HO COMPLETELY FORGET IT.
anyways lets face it,,,
guys do remember me in ur prayer that what i need the most
Regards
Last edited by mian-suraj on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

titan1986
Newly Registered

Post by titan1986 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Malavan wrote:Guys,
I have a question:
The home office is saying we shouldn't be out of the country more than 90 days each year. So how do they caculate this 90 days?
Is that January to January each year or is that the first day you left the country up to 1 year after?
And how many days in total during the 10 years we shouldn't be out of the country?
You scared me there. Home office did not say, 90 days... continuous residence is only broken when you are absent for 180 days at a time or 540 days in total.

https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility

queenzee
Newly Registered

Post by queenzee » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:07 pm

hello everyone, i have been a silent and frequent reader here. by the grace of God, i received my APPROVAL for ILR yesterday and all my documents and biometric card today dated 13th jan 2015. i applied on the 19th August 2014, biometric done on the 25h sept and today my wait is over.. so thankful to everyone here that shares their experience and great wisdom, may you also receive your own good news and blessings soon.

visa history, arrived UK in sept 04. September 2004 to october 2012 student visa (i did one year ALevel and then changed my undergraduate course twice)
then masters degree from september 2012 to sept 2013, student visa renewed but was initally rejected based on bank statements which was out of date by 4days, appealed and won the case by my lawyer
applied for FLR on jan 2014 to attend summer 2014 graduation. which was held by the case worker for 8months miraculously. then completed 10 years in August 2014, and varied application to ILR all done using a good lawyer. no absence or overstay problems.

GODBLESS YOU ALL.

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:14 pm

mian-suraj wrote:hi guys,
payment methos was wrong(though it was right) --invalid application return on 21 dec 2005
submitted after giving same bank details again invalid application return 12 jan 2006 submitted next day with postal order and got visa on 27th jan 2006

HO SAID I BROKE MY CONTINUITY HERE. HO is saying i m overstayed here by 36 days.
BUT I M REALLY SURPRISE BECAUSE THEY MENTION in different guidelines THAT IF IN-TIME APPLICATION HAPPEN TO BE INVALID THEN U HAVE ANOTHER 28 DAYS FROM THE RECEIVING of NOTICE OF INVALIDITY
anyways lets face it,,,
Regards
i am really very sorry to hear about your refusal. i have heard everyone saying that if you submit your application within 28 days of notice then it does not break your continuity. i have found that it is not true. according to my knowledge by reading the guidance of ILR LR, if the application is returned invalid and when you receive the application back and if you don't have a valid visa, then you don't have any status. if they refuse you and u appeal against the same application then it is not broken until all your appeal rights are exhausted.

on the other hand, one of the moderator VINNI said in one of his post as a reply to my question that this "returning of 28 days of when you receive your invalid application notice was there from 2003 until 2008 ( link for the post below). so i am not sure now what the situation is.
i hope one of the seniors would like to put some light on it.

can anyone please show me where it says that if your visa is returned invalid AND if you return it in 28 days then the LR is not broken.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1130561

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:18 pm

After waiting 37 weeks , I've finally received my approval today.
I am one of the guys who went to Liverpool to be interviewed because the Home Office had doubts about the authenticity of my ESOL certificate, which I passed at the disgraced Learn Pass Succeed.
37 Weeks waiting, Over 8 months I've waited... Thank you for those who helped me at the time I was called for the interview.
God Bless you All
V

PYRZAN
Newly Registered

Post by PYRZAN » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:57 am

Hi Vigan, congratulations mate. How they invite you for interview? Email,phone call? I took exam in LPS,Upton Park as well in Jan 2014 and discoverd Daily Mail article few days ago unfortunately.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:51 am

anyways lets face it,,,
Regards
Refusal was incorrect.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

getgreen
Newly Registered

July 2012? Can wife apply for ILR

Post by getgreen » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi Guys I need you help. My ILR (long residence) application is under consideration since November 2014 and hopefully will be decided by mid March 2015.

My wife became my dependent in April 2011 as a 'work permit' (I had my work permit since 2008) holder dependent. In Aug 2013, she became Tier 4 dependent (as I switched to become a student). On Jan 2014 she became TIER 2 pbs dependent.

My question is this: Since my wife is married to me since April 2011 and has been my dependent continuously, can she apply for ILR when I get my ILR in March 2015.

Thank you.

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:35 pm

After waiting 37 weeks , I've finally received my approval yesterday .
I am one of the guys who went to Liverpool to be interviewed because the Home Office had doubts about the authenticity of my ESOL certificate, which I passed at the disgraced Learn Pass Succeed.
37 Weeks waiting, Over 8 months I've waited... Thank you for those who helped me at the time I was called for the interview.
God Bless you All
PYRZAN wrote:
viganooriah wrote:
fielddrive wrote:@viganooriah any updates from you mate... we are eagerly waiting to hear about your approval... its been loooooooooong
Very nice of you for asking Fielddrive...
Up until today I haven't had anything yet. I've been calling the Home Office on a weekly basis, and still the same standard answer.
Tumbin advised me, and I did get in touch with my MP 2 weeks ago tomorrow Friday 21 Nov. I'll call my MP again tomorrow to chase him up.
It's been over 6 months now, but I'm wondering if I will also be able to apply for naturalisation 15 from the date I applied for my ILR?
Hi Vigan, I visited ''What do they know'' website and I saw your topic.Can you update your situation please?Any responds from HO? I took only IELTS B1 exam in this same LPS branch like you but in January 2014. I applied for british citizenship in July but, unfortunately I found Daily Mail article yesterday.
V

vinny

Re: July 2012? Can wife apply for ILR

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:38 pm

getgreen wrote:Hi Guys I need you help. My ILR (long residence) application is under consideration since November 2014 and hopefully will be decided by mid March 2015.

My wife became my dependent in April 2011 as a 'work permit' (I had my work permit since 2008) holder dependent. In Aug 2013, she became Tier 4 dependent (as I switched to become a student). On Jan 2014 she became TIER 2 pbs dependent.

My question is this: Since my wife is married to me since April 2011 and has been my dependent continuously, can she apply for ILR when I get my ILR in March 2015.

Thank you.
No.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

apex221

Post by apex221 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:58 pm

[quote="viganooriah"]After waiting 37 weeks , I've finally received my approval yesterday .
God Bless you All

Congratulations mate! I am so happy to see your positive result after such a long wait. The upside is that you don't have to wait too long for naturalisation now :)

Meeeeee123
Newly Registered

Post by Meeeeee123 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:07 pm

Alhmadulillah got everything yesterday.

Applied :12th Sept
Ack: 16th sept
Bio :9th Oct received and done 10th Oct
approved : 10th January
BRP & Docs : 14 th January ( Give me 16th jan)

I had updated timesheet.

i'd like to take this opportunity to thank the creator of this forum and of course fantastic member of this forum.
I had been a law abiding residence of the this country and Insha Allah wish to be.

I'd like to mention that once my visa has been refused and I went to prominent solicitors (Mxxxk Lxx Cxxxxxxrs) he said to me "i should go home and i dn't have any right to be in this country" and Alhamdulillah here I'm now.

-- Reason I'm telling you this guys........... He took my fees and didn't give proper advise..... I want to let you know that if any case any of you get in the visa problem -------please study ukba guideline first and if possible act accordingly,

there is no written book for immigration law and there's guideline for everything and all are at UKBA website, if you an't find it ask this forum-- hopefully this forum will help you. i think it's all about your exact paper work. Apology If i offended any one.

Jazakallah hu khair
Last edited by Meeeeee123 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:22 pm

Meeeeee123 wrote:Alhmadulillah got everything yesterday.

Applied :12th Sept
Ack: 16th sept
Bio :9th Oct received and done 10th Oct
approved : 10th January
BRP & Docs : 14 th January ( Give me 16th jan)

I had updated timesheet.

i'd like to take this opportunity to thank the creator of this forum and of course fantastic member of this forum.
I had been a law abiding residence of the this country and Insha Allah wish to be.

I'd like to mention that once my visa has been refused and I went to prominent solicitors (Mxxxk Lxx Cxxxxxxrs) he said to me "i should go home and i dn't have any right to be in this country" and Alhamdulillah here I'm now.

-- Reason I'm telling you this guys........... He took my fees and didn't give proper advise..... I want to let you know that if any case any of you get in the visa problem -------please study ukba guideline first and if possible act accordingly,

there is no written book for immigration law and there's guideline for everything and all are at UKBA website, if you an't find it ask this forum-- hopefully this forum will help you. i think it's all about your exact paper work. Apology If i offended any one.

Jazakallah hu khair
Congrats all lot brother
Could u please share the time when ur visa got refused such as why it got refused and when and what did u do when it was refused. It will really help us all alot

viganooriah

Post by viganooriah » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanx Apex
apex221 wrote:
viganooriah wrote:After waiting 37 weeks , I've finally received my approval yesterday .
God Bless you All

Congratulations mate! I am so happy to see your positive result after such a long wait. The upside is that you don't have to wait too long for naturalisation now :)
V

K4

Post by K4 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:44 pm

viganooriah wrote:After waiting 37 weeks , I've finally received my approval today.
God Bless you All

congrats viganooriah I used TOEIC in previous application still waiting let's see submitted IELTS with my ILR app this wait is a killer like

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by imi99999 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi friends
arrived in UK 26th March 2005
what is the earliest I can apply
1. Friday 27 Feb
2. Sat 28th Feb
3. Mon 2nd March

saleem19k

Post by saleem19k » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Salam Forum,
I came in UK 7-feb 2005 and I sent my application on 9 Jan 2015 Friday (filled my application on 8 Jan 2015)and HO received my application on 12 Jan (Monday). Quick question: 28 days going to consider on the day HO receive documents or when you filled application form....

Kind Regards,

Saleem

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:06 pm

anyways lets face it,,,
Regards
@suraj,mate according to immigration rues part 7 section 276(v) any in time submitted within 28 days does not break the continuity.i am sure they have wrongly refused your application but at the same time there are guys on the forum who have been granted with approval even they had invalid applications.try to consult some good solicitor.

thasif

Post by thasif » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:46 pm

hi
could anyone answer my question please
recently (11/01/15)i have been granted ILR based on long residence

can i apply MN1 for my daughter who born in uk(05/08/2011) ?
if so what kind of documents do i need to submit with application pls?

am really appreciate some one answer this
tx

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:58 pm

thasif wrote:hi

tx
You need to register your daughter by filling up MN1 form. Pls read guidance note which clearly says what is required. Your Passport, Biometric card and your daughter's Birth certificate are must needed documents.

adrianmark2k
Newly Registered

16 days short for 10 years long residence. URGENT

Post by adrianmark2k » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi Guys,
I'm a new member to this site, but previously I've come across a lot of useful information from a lot of informative members here. I'll come to the point.... I came to the Uk on a student visa in June 2006, by next year I wish to apply for my 10 year long residency (ILR). My details are as below:-
1) Entered the uk- 09.06.2006
2) Current visa Expiry date - 24.05.2016 (HSMP)

My Questions- 1) I am 16 days shot of my 10 years residence anniversary! How could I apply for my ILR ? Any possibility to extend my stay??
2) What are the basic documents required ? Apart from my passports, life in the uk pass and English language (uk Naric recognised qualification). Any other documents to make my case strong?

Please your feedback will be much appreciated. And for members who's visa was granted in line with 10 year long residence route, kindly share your detailed experience while your ILR was granted.
Thank you for your precious Time and hoping to hear some positive responses. :)

thasif

Post by thasif » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
thasif wrote:hi

tx
You need to register your daughter by filling up MN1 form. Pls read guidance note which clearly says what is required. Your Passport, Biometric card and your daughter's Birth certificate are must needed documents.
thanks arsal385 for your prompt reply

the passport mean my current nationality passport isn't?