ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Applying on 02 Feb - Previous Earnings Query

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eskay_s

ILR Applying on 02 Feb - Previous Earnings Query

Post by eskay_s » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:08 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am applying for my ILR in Croydon premium service along with 3 dependents (spouse+2kids) on 02 Feb 2014.

Could you please some one clarify on 'Previous Earnings' details:-

I am with drawing salary + dividends from my own limited company as a director and as per my accountant suggestion ,for 2014/15 year i did choose the salary option which i don't not pay any NI or Tax to HMRC.(which is £663 net salary per month).

Apart from salary i did withdrwan my dividends to cover my salary range to get the required points.i.e. total salary + dividends withdrwan as 42000 (>40,000 hence getting 45 points as i arrived in Apr'2010)

Now I did found in Immigration rules document in GOV site (see below link) that ,

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

In page 11:-

(b) If the applicant is claiming points for self-employed earnings made in the UK, he must also
provide the specified documents in paragraph 19-SD(b) to show that:
(i) he is registered as self-employed
(ii) he was registered as self-employed during the period(s) of self-employment used to
claim points, and
(iii) he was paying Class 2 National Insurance contributions during the period(s) of selfemployment
used to claim points.

My Query is ,since I am not paying any NI/TAX as part of my new salary structure will it be affected to my application as I am the director of my limited company.

Is the above rule 3 (in bold) apply for limited companies?

Please some one gurus look into this .

Thanks in advance

eskay_s

Re: ILR Applying on 02 Feb - Previous Earnings Query

Post by eskay_s » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:55 am

Hello Everyone,

Could some one please reply to my below post as i am bit tensed on this as i am attending visa on 2feb.

Thanks in advance.

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:50 pm

Experts,

Waiting for you response!

Please provide your thoughts here.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:57 pm

Hi,

That particular point is about Self Employed persons who don't have a limited company. In your case, you don't need to worry about it. All the Best.