ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR querry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cricket79
Newly Registered

Dependent ILR querry

Post by cricket79 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:21 pm

Dear all
I have a query and would appreciate responses to clarify this. I searched but did not find posts akin to mine.
I am eligible to apply for ILR under Tier 2 PBS. My wife is also eligible for the same (Pre July 2012 category). I intend to apply for ILR in early February. My wife is in her home country, will not apply for ILR alongside me but will apply in April after she comes back over. Her PBS dependent leave is valid until June 2016. If I get ILR in February will she face any problem at the airport on her return? will immigration officer ask her why is she having PBS dependent status when main migrant has got changed status (ILR)?
I would really value your help on this issue. thanks very much.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Dependent ILR querry

Post by manci » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:28 pm

she will have no problem entering the UK. Even if she were not eligible for ILR before her PBS dependant leave expired, and after you obtained settlement, she could apply to extend her PBS dependant leave. See:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 14832.html

cricket79
Newly Registered

Re: Dependent ILR querry

Post by cricket79 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:23 pm

Dear manci

Thank you very much for the clarification of this issue. I can now apply with less anxiety.

Regards