ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent. Life in UK test booked within 48 hrs of Set(m)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Burunt
Newly Registered

Urgent. Life in UK test booked within 48 hrs of Set(m)

Post by Burunt » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi,

I had my first Life in the UK test appointment rejected as I did not provide all my documents to prove my address.
This was because I took page 1 of a bank statement and not all 5 pages. It had 1 of 5 therefore requiring all 5 pages. Nowhere have I seen this information provided.
I was lucky to find another test day before my Set(m) appointment which is the following day.

Has anyone sat there Life in the UK test within 2 days of the Set(m) appointment.
Is this cause for rejection of application or will they fail me based on this.

My Set (m) appointment needed to be moved to the last date on my BRP card to accommodate the new LIUK test and is the end of my 24 months.
What options do I have. This has made me very nervous.

For your reference
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

Quoted from the link above-
We will not refund the fee if we refuse the application or if you withdraw it.
If you are taking the Life in the UK test, you must allow at least 2 working days between passing
the test and attending your appointment.

Any advice, suggestions or experience very much appreciated. My appointment is in less than a week so very urgent.

Thank You

WR1

Re: Urgent. Life in UK test booked within 48 hrs of Set(m)

Post by WR1 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:44 pm

Is there a reason you have left doing the LIUK test till the very last minute? (it has no expiry date)

You need to allow 2 working days in between taking the LIUK test and your PEO appointment. The reason for this is due to the time taken for the test centre to send the results electronically to the Home Office and be updated onto the database.

The Home Office will need to verify the results electronically in addition to you providing your test pass notification. If they don't have the results electronically at the time of your PEO appointment, personally I don't think this will be a reason for rejection (my opinion), rather they may not be able to make a decision on the day, and give you notification that further checks are required in order to verify the LIUK, thus your application will be decided at a later date and decision will be given by post.
Last edited by WR1 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:52 pm

your appointment must be at least 2 working days after you have passed the 'Life in the UK' test. This will allow time for the test result to be sent to the UKBA electronically.Some test centers even advise the applicant leaves 7 days between the test and PEO appointment. If the test result is not UKBA system when you attend your appointment, they will not be able to decide your application on the same day and It's very unlikely that the PEO wouldn't even accept your application on the day. If they do, without the test results your application would join the postal queue without any priority, for the premium fee.
You may also need to consider the implications if you fail the test. I would recommend you try reschedule your Life in UK test date at least 5 working days before to be safe side and fully be prepared to pass the test in first attempt.
or alternatively apply by post in that case if you fail to pass the test then you can again reappear and send it later to UKBA with cover letter.

Burunt
Newly Registered

Post by Burunt » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:03 am

Thanks for the responses.

It is this late because I had trouble booking a test date originally. My Address bank statement was rejected as I did not have all 5 pages of my statement, therefore I needed to book a new test and the only one left was 1 day before.
I am confident I will pass the test. Unfortunately I can not rebook the test.
My 24 month period on my BRP expires on the day of my Set(m) PEO.

Is there any kind of extension to apply 2-4 days after my visa expires? I didnt think so without applying again for FLRm. Although I heard something about a 27 month period?

As I see it there are 3 outcomes.
1. They turn my application into a postal application using the fee already paid.
2. They reject my application on the spot and I lose my application fee £1500 and I need to send it postal service that day.
3. I cancel my appointment immediately, and just do a postal application. Does anyone know how I would go about requesting a refund. Can that money paid go toward the postal fee?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:45 am

Burunt wrote:Thanks for the responses.

It is this late because I had trouble booking a test date originally. My Address bank statement was rejected as I did not have all 5 pages of my statement, therefore I needed to book a new test and the only one left was 1 day before.
I am confident I will pass the test. Unfortunately I can not rebook the test.
My 24 month period on my BRP expires on the day of my Set(m) PEO.

Is there any kind of extension to apply 2-4 days after my visa expires? I didnt think so without applying again for FLRm. Although I heard something about a 27 month period?

As I see it there are 3 outcomes.
1. They turn my application into a postal application using the fee already paid.
2. They reject my application on the spot and I lose my application fee £1500 and I need to send it postal service that day.
3. I cancel my appointment immediately, and just do a postal application. Does anyone know how I would go about requesting a refund. Can that money paid go toward the postal fee?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks
But your original test date was still left till the very last minute (I assume it was within the last month). LIUK could have been taken 6 months ago, 12 months or even 18 months ago (as mentioned it has no expiry date). Its all about preparation as hiccups can occur as in your case. You also realise you only have one shot to pass the test.

I think your should cancel your PEO appointment (fees will be refunded). Prepare for the LIUK test and aim to do postal application.

You should prepare for 2 options. Fill in SET(M) and FLR(M) and have all supporting documents ready for both applications. If you pass the test, attach this with SET(M) and post via special delivery on the very same day.

Should you fail, you will need to extend your visa using FLR(M) and post this application instead on the same day. You cannot extend for 2-4 days, you will be given another 2 years extension.

However, the good news is that you do not have to wait the full 2 years. Take the LIUK test again and if you pass, you can apply for ILR straight away. You can then choose to have a PEO appointment.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:26 am

Forgot to mention, if you didn't pass the LIUK test and you applied for FLR(M) instead and in the meantime you had taken LIUK again and passed but still waiting on a decision for FLR(M), you can vary your application from FLR(M) to SET(M).

lukt
- thin ice -

Post by lukt » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:21 pm

You should be OK, just make sure to pass it though!
good luck,

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Burunt wrote:Hi,

I had my first Life in the UK test appointment rejected as I did not provide all my documents to prove my address.
This was because I took page 1 of a bank statement and not all 5 pages. It had 1 of 5 therefore requiring all 5 pages. Nowhere have I seen this information provided.
I was lucky to find another test day before my Set(m) appointment which is the following day.

Has anyone sat there Life in the UK test within 2 days of the Set(m) appointment.
Is this cause for rejection of application or will they fail me based on this.

My Set (m) appointment needed to be moved to the last date on my BRP card to accommodate the new LIUK test and is the end of my 24 months.
What options do I have. This has made me very nervous.

For your reference
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _11-14.pdf

Quoted from the link above-
We will not refund the fee if we refuse the application or if you withdraw it.
If you are taking the Life in the UK test, you must allow at least 2 working days between passing
the test and attending your appointment.

Any advice, suggestions or experience very much appreciated. My appointment is in less than a week so very urgent.

Thank You
hi mate,
what happend to your case ?

Regards,
suresh