ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries related to Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yash001

Queries related to Citizenship Application

Post by Yash001 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:57 pm

Hi All,

I and my wife are about to apply for citizenship and I have couple of queries to clarify. Appreciate if you could please help me with my queries.

1. I have a friend (Indian National with Tier-1 Visa) who work as contractor and operate through own VAT registered limited company as director of the company. Can I use him as professional referee for my application?

2.Can I and my wife use the same set of referee for our application?

3. I and my wife got ILR in Dec,2013. I see in Section 1.22, it mentioned 'I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013;'. Do we need to submit the documents to satisfy English language requirement again? I see in the page 14 of the AN Guide, it mentioned that 'Your confirmation that you met this requirement, on or after 28th October 2013, in order to obtain settlement.' I am not able to understand what confirmation I can provide.

4.I work as contractor and operate through my own limited company. I and my wife are employee of the company and draw salary from the company and pay taxes, do we need to provide any letter from accountant as part of my application?

Thank you so much for your help so far.

Regards,
Yash

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Queries related to Citizenship Application

Post by milan69 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:24 am

1. If your friend is a manager of LTD company he can be your first referee.
2. You can use the same referees.
4. If self employed than you need to provide your latest self assessment.
I am sometimes wrong.

Yash001

Post by Yash001 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Thanks for your advice milan69 however some of your advice are not correct. For example point 4, I am not self-employed as I operate through my limited company as employee of my company and I draw salary and pay tax on it. Anyways, Thanks.

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:06 pm

4. Enter your PAYE number and your tax office address if known.