ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help for immigrating

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NMgirl
Newly Registered

help for immigrating

Post by NMgirl » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:59 pm

hello i am new to this board and looking for some insight..
i am a us citizen married to my husband who is from a non eu third world country and we are looking to immigrate to a better country in europe because we have an infant and would like to give him and ourselves a better life and environment, the problem is we dont know anything about how we can immigrate and all of the information we have found out seems as though we can't go anywhere, we do not have degrees, i have some college but have not finished, i have worked as a bank teller, my husband is an experienced mechanic and very hard working, we both speak english, i am a us citizen and he has lived in the u.s. for 20 years. i have an aunt in belgium who will send us an invitation to visit, but the problem is we don't want to visit we would like to immigrate and live somewhere permenantly. i am thinking about belgium or italy? we would love to move to the UK, but is this completely impossible? any help and insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:57 pm

I'd have thought, based on what you write, you have no chance - certainly for the UK.

Why would any european country admit you? Wanting to come here for a better life is not a valid reason I'm afraid.
--
Mark Y-M
London

Platinum

Post by Platinum » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:16 pm

Do you have an Irish-born grandparent? That would give you Irish citizenship and passport. A few other European countries do this as well. But not further back than a grandparent.

What about studying? If you want to do a degree, and can get a European university to accept you, you can move (not permanently, but who knows?). Of course, a student visa usually limits how much you can work, etc.

I do want to say, however, that the US is a big country. If you don't like the environment you are in now, there are plenty of other places to choose from. Moving from a major city to a smaller town, or vice versa, will give you a completely different way of life. If you're worried about raising a kid, there are plenty of places in the US that are good places to raise a family.

Prawo

Post by Prawo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:46 pm

The Netherlands will allow you to come and set up your own business as self employed. Alle you need is a business plan and a starting capital of about 4.500 Euro ($ 7.000).

This is according to the American Dutch friendship treaty.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:55 pm

If any of the parents or grandparents were european citizens or were born in europe then you should investigate if you are possibily a citizen of an EU country by decent.

It is a big move to come to Europe but can also be a lot of fun.