ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Appointment Questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zia091
Newly Registered

ILR Appointment Questions

Post by zia091 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi All,

I am about to book ILR appointment at croydon office toward end of February, I have three dependents
1. Wife
2. Two Kids ( One has Tier 1 General Dependent visa, Second kid doesn't have any visa yet )

As I understand that kids can get passport once we have ILR, so I am not applying their ILR, so I can save some money there as they are not travelling abroad in near future. Correct me if I got this wrong.

My Question is that if I book appointment for myself and wife, would my kids be allowed along with me to get into Home office Croydon ?

Regards,

cfdman

Re: ILR Appointment Questions

Post by cfdman » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:29 pm

Yes. You can take your kid inside the PEO, no matter whether he/she is applying with you or not.
Infact, you can take a family member or a legal representative with you on the day of appointment. (although, the home office insists, due to limited space in waiting area, only bring extra people if it is absolutely necessary).

zia091
Newly Registered

Post by zia091 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks for reply cfdman. Much appreciated.

Do you hapen to know if I can book appointment for before dependent passed life in uk exam?
Is there is cancellation fees if I have to cancel?

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:29 pm

You’ll be refunded the full fee for cancellations made at least 5 working days before your appointment.

See this link:
https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment

zia091
Newly Registered

Post by zia091 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:58 pm

Thanks for reply.

Can any one shed some light on following questions?

1. Is it correct whole fees will be taken at time of booking appointment for premium service?
2. I have my life in UK ( Main applicant) and my partner haven't passed yet, can I still book appointment?

See following paragraph from home office site

You may be able to apply in person at a premium service centre if you’re already in the UK and want to:

extend your stay (known as ‘limited leave to remain’)
settle permanently (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’)
Your premium service appointment must be at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test if you’re applying for settlement.

cfdman

Post by cfdman » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:22 pm

1. Is it correct whole fees will be taken at time of booking appointment for premium service?
Yes. The money will be gone from your account, once you book the appointment and receive a confirmation email.

2. I have my life in UK ( Main applicant) and my partner haven't passed yet, can I still book appointment?
Booking appointment has nothing to do with either you or your partner having not passed the LIUK test. If you are very confident that your partner will pass the LIUK test (assuming, he/she has already booked-in for a test), then you can book a PEO appointment, leaving two days in-between the day your parter's LIUK test and the date of PEO appointment.
In a worst case, if you partner could not clear the LIUK test, you can reshedule the appointment without any additional fee, but this should be done before 48 hrs of your appointment time.