ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ella1
Newly Registered

Re: July 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by ella1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I will have 6 months tomorrow so I am not sure that the documents will arrive. I am going to call them.

I applied July 8th, no PR, EEU citizen.

I would like to know (if anyone can advise me)- what kind of checks they do so long time? Or they just put all EU applications on queue?

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:19 am

ella1 wrote:Hi everyone,

I will have 6 months tomorrow so I am not sure that the documents will arrive. I am going to call them.

I would like to know (if anyone can advise me)- what kind of checks they do so long time? Or they just put all EU applications on queue?
Hi I would advice to call them and ask the customer service advisor who you speak to, book a call back from the case worker and give you update. They should give you call back in 48 hours.

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:12 am

ella1 wrote:Hi everyone,

Holdup isn't just for EU member nationals,in fact that's pretty much for all nationality part from commonwealth member Nationals,they are the only people who get they're case dealt with 6 months frame,usually they get approval in 4 weeks time,but the rest wait for almost a year or even more..

ella1
Newly Registered

Post by ella1 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:40 pm

I called to HO and they said that the application 'in progress and decision has not been made yet'. They couldn't provide with more information (why it takes so long, etc..) because they were call centre and advised to write a letter to Nationality Team.

ella1
Newly Registered

Post by ella1 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:33 pm

Hello everyone,

Just a question. Is there any difference between 'in progress' and 'under consideration'? I read from forum that most of people say 'under consideration'. It's because yesterday HO told me that my application is 'in progress' so I am confuse if this is still 'beginning stage' of application or not? :?

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:55 am

ella1 wrote:Hello everyone,

Just a question. Is there any difference between 'in progress' and 'under consideration'? I read from forum that most of people say 'under consideration'. It's because yesterday HO told me that my application is 'in progress' so I am confuse if this is still 'beginning stage' of application or not? :?

Yes it's 2 different words but same meaning in they're sydtem,means: NOTING DONE REGARDING our Applications..means me,u and and all ppl who's waiting from January 2014 even just waited for noting..isn't it nice???...that's mean they love us and can't let us go without proper and very long goodby party..lol...yes it's the same poop but different smell ((sorry for my language but my anger got better of me..I really really wish I wasn't applied in august 2014 or even year 2014 because by seeing the evidence turned out to be the unfairest timeline of all time. at least from year 2000 forward,specially the month of August.just if I was waited till this year around may I could have my approval in a month,but nw I knw may gone pass and even August gone pass and my application is still gone be under F knows what but they say consideration or progress)))...

itstimefor
Newly Registered

Post by itstimefor » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:13 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (South Lanarkshire)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: 19/07/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Not received
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of Ceremony:

It now past the six months time. Called HO and got the usual answer 'Still under Consideration'
Thinking of writing a letter to get an update.

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:14 pm

itstimefor wrote:Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 5yr + 1yr ILR
Method of application: NCS (South Lanarkshire)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11/07/2014
Date of debit of fees: 19/07/2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Not received
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of Ceremony:

It now past the six months time. Called HO and got the usual answer 'Still under Consideration'
Thinking of writing a letter to get an update.

I applied from South Lanarkshire too 12 days after you. 23rd of July and still waitin for approval.

ella1
Newly Registered

Post by ella1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Did anyone write a letter to HO? So what was reply? :roll:

Thanks

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:30 am

One of my friend contacted his MP after 6 months and his MP got reply from HO today.

Itsme wrote:
Hi All,
7 Months today and I have got a reply from my MP. He received a letter from HO regarding my application and attached the copy for me with the reason for delay: " We were instructed to place cases on hold during the Independent Chief Inspector's (ICI) report. The Independent Chief Inspector's report of 11 December 2014 highlighted that some individuals had not been subjects to sufficient scrutiny in relation to their immigration history. We have now revised our guidance and are looking at those cases in detail to assess the impact these changes will have on the outcome of the application for British Citizenship. Due to additional checks required these cases will take a little longer to consider..."
I think this is another standard response...my application met the deadline just about the time when the report came out so it was delayed anyway and also I still believe that it is a straight forward application.

Good luck everyone!

Babloo85

Post by Babloo85 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:25 pm

Any update on anyone's application ?
I don't think they have put all cases on hold as I have seen in December thread that people applied in mid of December got their approvals this week, which is less than a month so how come our files are still pending.

mclook23
Newly Registered

Post by mclook23 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Hi,

found an interesting document about processing time for AN, EEA3 and EEA4 since January 2014:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 3.pdf.html

Mo

PYRZAN
Newly Registered

Post by PYRZAN » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi all,

Eligibility criteria: 5+1yr ILR without PR card
Language criteria met : B1
Current nationality: EU
Method of application: NCS Newham
Date of application: 14 July 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 25 July 2014
Date of acknowledgment: 25 July 2014
Date approval received: Awaiting
Date of ceremony:

Vibek8
Newly Registered

Post by Vibek8 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi all,

Eligibility criteria: 5+2 ILR
Current nationality: SRILANKA
Method of application: NCS REDBRIDGE
Date of application: 23 June 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 9 July 2014
Date of acknowledgment: 9 July 2014

Floj
Newly Registered

Post by Floj » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:42 am

Eligibility Criteria 11yrs ILR
Date of application 04/07/2014
Current nationality - Kosovan
Date of acknowledgement 14/07/2014
Language criteria - b1

Date of approval- .... Awaiting.....

alatrish
Newly Registered

Post by alatrish » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:15 am

Applied on 11 July 2014 and Still waiting

docmonaco
Newly Registered

Post by docmonaco » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:40 am

Eligibility criteria: 5 ILR + Married to BC
Language criteria met : USA English
Current nationality: USA
Method of application: NCS ISLINGTON
Date of application: 9 July 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11 July 2014
Date of acknowledgment: N/A

I AM SO FRUSTRATED! I have called, written, my MP has written, and all I received was a 1 line response in the post that said they were "still dealing with my application." It's coming up on 7 months, and they have not given any reasons for the delay or any further timescales! They have turned what should have been an great event and ruined it. I'm really at a loss about how to proceed at this point. It is an easy application -- I already have ILR and I am married to a British Citizen! I went through an agency AND the NCS -- how much easier could it have been!?!?

itstimefor
Newly Registered

Post by itstimefor » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:50 pm

docmonaco wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 ILR + Married to BC
Language criteria met : USA English
Current nationality: USA
Method of application: NCS ISLINGTON
Date of application: 9 July 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 11 July 2014
Date of acknowledgment: N/A

I AM SO FRUSTRATED! I have called, written, my MP has written, and all I received was a 1 line response in the post that said they were "still dealing with my application." It's coming up on 7 months, and they have not given any reasons for the delay or any further timescales! They have turned what should have been an great event and ruined it. I'm really at a loss about how to proceed at this point. It is an easy application -- I already have ILR and I am married to a British Citizen! I went through an agency AND the NCS -- how much easier could it have been!?!?
We all are in the same boat. There's nothing we can do. I applied on 11 July through NCS and still waiting. Wonder if our applications have at-least been assigned to a caseworker. I call up the call centre and everytime I hear the same answer 'Still under Consideration' and it frustrates me.

mclook23
Newly Registered

Post by mclook23 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Here is an update on my FOI request. I asked last month how many applications( that were received last year ) were processed in each month

I got numbers for each month which gives me an idea how many applicant are still for a decision.

It's pity.

Please share the link: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-610475

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:56 pm

thanks for sharing. Can you mark it as "successful" on WhatTheyKnow, it's easier to find it later that way...?

docmonaco
Newly Registered

Post by docmonaco » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:49 pm

Thank you for that FOI data, Mohammed. I'm even more LIVID now! WHY was there such a significant drop in July - Sept? What were these people paid to do during those months!?!? Why is there nothing that can be done!? It's really degrading, and what should have been a significant milestone is just being ruined.

assa81
Newly Registered

Post by assa81 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Hey Guys, What number do you actually call to ask about the progress??

Newly Registered

Post by 009516968 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:30 pm

assa81 wrote:Hey Guys, What number do you actually call to ask about the progress??
0300 123 2253 but with all honesty, it will be a complete waste of time as all they will tell you is that it's still under consideration.
Best of luck anyway.

docmonaco
Newly Registered

Post by docmonaco » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:57 pm

I received a response to my complaint letter today. It said that my application is AWAITING ASSIGNMENT to a caseworker!! IT'S ALMOST 7 MONTHS, AND MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN SITTING THERE!! It's not even with a caseworker!!! I AM LIVID!!!

UPDATE: I just spoke with a supervisor at the contact centre. He gently suggested that there could have been a number of factors in the delay of processing the applications. He speculated that there may have been an increase in applications due to the talks of the UK leaving the EU, and that perhaps because it is an election year there is more interest. Also, he gently suggested that the Home Office has been criticised for granting citizenship to individuals it probably should not have, which led to greater scrutiny of applications that added to the backlog. Most importantly, the APOLOGISED for the lack of information and clarity of what was going on, stated that the Home Office SHOULD have written before the 6 months was up and did not, and informed me that a letter was going out at the end of the week to ALL applicants who have gone over the 6 month timescale. He did not know what the letter was going to say.

Nonetheless, we all still have to wait.
Last edited by docmonaco on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

olazh

Post by olazh » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:41 am

Hi Everybody

Eligibility criteria: 5+1yr ILR
Current nationality: not a EU
Method of application: post
Date of application: 06 July 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 07 July 2014
Date of acknowledgment: 15 July 2014
Date of ceremony:

Called HO numbers of time - same reply "under consideration".
Sent a complaint letter - no reply, also have sent a letter to caseworker team - no reply. They just ignoring me.
Got my MP involved, but to be honest I think its a waste of time.
Yesterday sent a complain letter to Theresa May. Im just getting so angry.

Good luck to everybody still waiting.
Hope our decisions on the way.