ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help with filling eea3 form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hermes2014
Newly Registered

Please help with filling eea3 form

Post by Hermes2014 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:37 pm

My parents gained PR in 2010 and I want to apply for PR using their status as PR holders. Which section should I fill in. Do I need to provide proof of exercising treaty rights or should I just attach my parents PR documents with the form? Just to note; I've been student from year 2000 until 2009(GCSEs, A-levels followed by Degree).

I would appreciate if somebody could help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

herald2839
Newly Registered

Re: Please help with filling eea3 form

Post by herald2839 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:47 pm

Are you saying that you believe you have the right to PR simply because your parents have PR? I don't believe the 2006 regs allow for this but stand to be corrected if you have found something there to allow this route?

However, if you lived with your parents for a continuous period of 5 years while they were either in their qualifying period for PR, or after they qualified, you would qualify for PR under 15(1)(b) of the regs.

You should provide evidence that for the continuous 5 year period in question, (1) your parents were exercising treaty rights or were PRs (2) you lived with your parents. The EEA3 application form and guidance notes provide substantial detail on this specific documents but logically just resubmit all of the documents that they provided for their PR application and some acceptable proof of co-habiting with your parents for that period.
Hermes2014 wrote:My parents gained PR in 2010 and I want to apply for PR using their status as PR holders. Which section should I fill in. Do I need to provide proof of exercising treaty rights or should I just attach my parents PR documents with the form? Just to note; I've been student from year 2000 until 2009(GCSEs, A-levels followed by Degree).

I would appreciate if somebody could help me with this.

Thanks in advance.