ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa advice

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simrun255
Newly Registered

schengen visa advice

Post by simrun255 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello Everyone,

Im confused on some of the advice offered on this forum. Im a British Citizen and would like to take my wife who is a Indian Citizen on a 33 month uk Spouse visa to france or spain. There does not seem to be anything writtern on her visa ie family memeber of EEA etc. can i travel with out a visa or would it be best to obtain a free visa ?

Donutz

Re: schengen visa advice

Post by Donutz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:00 pm

If you are an EU national living in your own country and never excercised your freedom of movement rights (living or working in an other EU/EEA state for atleast 3 months and had your family join you there), then your family holds regular UK residence permits and not a residence card "citizen of an EU/EEA national". Thus a free visa, with a minimum number of requirements and processed ASAP, would need to be obtained in advanced.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/tr ... dex_en.htm

simrun255
Newly Registered

Post by simrun255 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:30 pm

Thank you so much. One final question would i still have to book a hotel and flights in advanced ?

Donutz

Post by Donutz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:04 pm

You could but are not obligated to. You need to show the embassy that:
- there is a family relation, by marriage --> mariage papers (plus translation so the embassy can verify the content of the documents themselves).
- ID the both of you via a (copy of) passpors so they can match the names on the mariage papers plus confirm that you are an EU national (UK citizen) and she is not.
- That she will join you on the trip to an other EU/EEA country then the one you are a national of. This could be a written confirmation by you that your wife will join you to travel to France/Germany/Spain/... . But you could include a reservation of hotelbookings, flight/ferry etc. If you already got those I'd include them. If you don't I'd cover this in the letter: we will depart by *transport* but will book later (or on departure at the counter?) and find some place to sleep in hotels/campsites/... as we travel around.
- Medical travel insurance, proof of sufficient funds etc. is something they cannot ask for. They cannot refuse on ground such as "no sufficient ties to the homecountry: risk of failure to return in time" etc. They could decline if they suspect a sham marriage, her or you being a risk to national security ( :mrgreen: ) , bot being able to show that you are who you say you are etc.

katyacanim
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by katyacanim » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:22 pm

HI, firstly, thank you for very useful information, I'm glad i found this thread.

Could someone please help me with my application form, my circumstances are similar to the original post. We are going to Spain for a 1 week holiday, and we would like to visit it again (or other EU country) later. But we don't know exactly when and for how long. That's why I'd like to apply for a multiple entries visa.

Question:

In the field "Duration of the intense stay" I want to write 90 days. (the longest for MULT visa)
But the the Intended date of departure, I'm not sure what to put. The date we come back from our 1 week holiday from Spain, or ....? Help please.