ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Derivative Residence Card and benefit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spapa1982
Newly Registered

Derivative Residence Card and benefit

Post by spapa1982 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:41 am

Hi, all. I have got my derivative residence card for about 6 months now. I was reading the other forum about people who are actually claiming benefit with this visa. Therefore, I am going to try to claim it myself too.
All I want to know is when it says under the claiming form that " are you under immigration control for the past 3 months?" what should I actually say? I am not sure what immigration control states for. I am very confused.

I hope someone who had claimed it successfully before can give me a hand here.

thanks a lot.

herald2839
Newly Registered

Re: Derivative Residence Card and benefit

Post by herald2839 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:35 pm

By "derivative residence card" do you mean residence card of a family member of an EEA national?

If so, EEA nationals and family members of EEA nationals are not subject to immigration control of any kind at any point.
spapa1982 wrote:Hi, all. I have got my derivative residence card for about 6 months now. I was reading the other forum about people who are actually claiming benefit with this visa. Therefore, I am going to try to claim it myself too.
All I want to know is when it says under the claiming form that " are you under immigration control for the past 3 months?" what should I actually say? I am not sure what immigration control states for. I am very confused.

I hope someone who had claimed it successfully before can give me a hand here.

thanks a lot.

spapa1982
Newly Registered

Post by spapa1982 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:33 pm

Thanks so much for the reply.
That's such a great news to hear.

herald2839
Newly Registered

Post by herald2839 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Just before you get too excited though, you might want to consider whether claiming social assistance (though not all benefits qualify as social assistance) now may negatively impact any future application (e.g. for PR) that you or your family member may make. At face value, I suspect it would at least seriously complicate claiming self-sufficient or student status.
spapa1982 wrote:Thanks so much for the reply.
That's such a great news to hear.