ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Baleegh
Newly Registered

naturalization queries

Post by Baleegh » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi,

two quick question please....

Q 1. English language: been using my degree cert so far till ILR - can I use the same as I got ILR after 29 Oct 2013 and there's an option in the form AN to choose that option.

I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR
I wish to claim exemption (physical and/or mental illness may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide grounds on page 15. Your application may fail and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).
✔ I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
IMPORTANT: The Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement is changing on
(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
28 October 2013. From this date, applicants will be required to:
(ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
• pass the Life in the UK test;
(other than Canada); OR AND
✔ I am a national of a majority English speaking country; OR
• have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent
✔ I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013; OR level qualification.
Further details can be found on our website.

✔ I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my physical or mental condition (physical and/or mental illness
may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide reasons on page 15. Your application may fail
and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).

Q 2: Reference: can it be a bank manager?

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: naturalization queries

Post by fwd079 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:32 pm

Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

happyguy82

Re: naturalization queries

Post by happyguy82 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:39 am

Baleegh wrote:Hi,

two quick question please....

Q 1. English language: been using my degree cert so far till ILR - can I use the same as I got ILR after 29 Oct 2013 and there's an option in the form AN to choose that option.

I have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent level qualification; OR
I wish to claim exemption (physical and/or mental illness may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide grounds on page 15. Your application may fail and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).
✔ I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
IMPORTANT: The Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK (KOLL) requirement is changing on
(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
28 October 2013. From this date, applicants will be required to:
(ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country
• pass the Life in the UK test;
(other than Canada); OR AND
✔ I am a national of a majority English speaking country; OR
• have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or an equivalent
✔ I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013; OR level qualification.
Further details can be found on our website.

✔ I wish to claim exemption on the basis of my physical or mental condition (physical and/or mental illness
may not lead automatically to exemption. You should provide reasons on page 15. Your application may fail
and the fee retained if insufficient reasons for exemption are provided).

Q 2: Reference: can it be a bank manager?
Q 1: Yes but unlike Tier-1 General extension and ILR, you'll have to submit your Degree certificate again with this Naturalisation application.

Q 2: https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf