ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 ICT Short Term to ICT Long Term staff

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rameshthegreat
Newly Registered

Tier2 ICT Short Term to ICT Long Term staff

Post by rameshthegreat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:45 am

Hi, I am currently in UK on a Tier 2 ICT short term visa that will expire on 16th June 2015. My employer wants to extend my visa but I understand that no extension is possible under the ICT short term staff category
Can someone please advise if it is possible to extend the visa while I am in UK from ICT short term staff to ICT long term staff?
Will there be any cooling off period involved in this case?
Will it be required to go back to India to apply in long term staff category or is this possible while I am here in UK?

Thanks in advance

Ramesh.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier2 ICT Short Term to ICT Long Term staff

Post by moonlight55 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:22 am

You can switch from ICT ST to ICT LT visa without any cool-off. However, you will have to go back and apply from your home country. You cannot do it from within UK.

t2ict

Post by t2ict » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:12 am

moonlight55 wrote:You can switch from ICT ST to ICT LT visa without any cool-off. However, you will have to go back and apply from your home country. You cannot do it from within UK.
Additionally, you must be paid more or equal to £41,500 per annum, if moving into ICT LT visa.

rameshthegreat
Newly Registered

Post by rameshthegreat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:37 pm

Thanks guys for the quick response. got the answer to my question
cheers!!