ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR if husband working abroad

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fn286

Spouse ILR if husband working abroad

Post by fn286 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Dear Moderator and seniors

Please can anyone advise if spouse can get ILR (SET M) in UK via 5 years route if British husband is permanently working abroad? As there is a requirement of earnings for spouse ILR, I'm confused whether foreign income will be considered for the application? Foreign salary is not credited in UK bank account. Spouse is permanently residing in the UK with kid.

Please give your advise.

Thanks

WR1

Re: Spouse ILR if husband working abroad

Post by WR1 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:37 pm

Leaving alone the foreign income, the fact that you are living separately from your spouse is going to be your biggest issue. You both need to be residing and living together in the UK and have established family life as ILR is a settlement visa.

You will need to demonstrate this in way of cohabitation documents over the probation period. On this criteria alone, ILR is likely to be refused.

As your spouse has a child, spouse maybe qualify under long residence via parent route (I think), maybe a mod can help with this.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

fn286

Post by fn286 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:46 pm

Dear WR1

I think your points are correct however cohabitation can be proved through several different ways. I'm aware there is a requirement of sponsor living and settled in UK. But what if the job requires staying abroad or company transfer?

I think spouse can leave UK and may be apply again as return resident but I'm not sure? Also whether the time spent in UK on spouse visa will be considered for ILR in future when returning to UK and applying for ILR after complete 5 years residence?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Returning resident is for those who has already obtained ILR but have left the UK for more than 2 years, but wish to return at a later date.

This topic may give some more info as it is similar to your case.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

fn286

Post by fn286 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:52 am

Dear WR1,

Thanks for sharing the previous post. it really answered all my questions.

Thanks.