ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions on FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

narenvenkat
Newly Registered

Some questions on FLR(M)

Post by narenvenkat » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Dear all

if you can , please advise on my questions below.thanks in advn

1) my wife needs to extend her visa , so we are going with FLR(M) as i am on ILR .
Initially my wife was granted to tier 1 dependent visa on June 2014

please advise

question 1) 2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above
categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your
current sponsor?
{ my answer is NO as she was granted tier 1 dependent}

question 2) Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are
choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.
First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a
settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil
partner of a settled person - 6 months)
Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).
You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to
enter/remain as a partner
assuming that i should select this as my wife was on tier 1 general dependent

kingin2015

Re: Some questions on FLR(M)

Post by kingin2015 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:47 pm

narenvenkat wrote:Dear all

if you can , please advise on my questions below.thanks in advn

1) my wife needs to extend her visa , so we are going with FLR(M) as i am on ILR .
Initially my wife was granted to tier 1 dependent visa on June 2014

please advise

question 1) 2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above
categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your
current sponsor?
{ my answer is NO as she was granted tier 1 dependent}

question 2) Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are
choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.
First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a
settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil
partner of a settled person - 6 months)
Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).
You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to
enter/remain as a partner
assuming that i should select this as my wife was on tier 1 general dependent

you have answered correctly question number 2. But answer for the question 1 should be yes . Because question has asked clearly one of the above catagory. And TIER 1 dependent is not on the catagory provided on the relevent question. Therefore, this is the first time you are extending your leave as ......(one of above catagory) with your current sponsor.
Hope this helps

itsahmedawan

Post by itsahmedawan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:20 pm

hello
i need some serious help pls on this forum
i am british citizen and i got merried last month with with a refugee status lady and now she wants to change her status from refugee status to my spouse visa.
my question is
before i got merried she was taking all benfitis coz she entitled to take all benifits as a single mom as well and she is living in counicil flat but now i have been moved with her so she has stoped benifites and currently we r only taking benifites on the bases of child(child crdiet tax and half amount of housing(rent)we pay half rent.do we have to declare this housing benifit and will it effect our application because i have full time job and my salary is 21000/annual.
can we take this housing benifit
will these benifit effect our application ????
can we go for premium service for this case???
i will be very appreciate if some advice me on this topic
thnx

kingin2015

Post by kingin2015 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:48 am

itsahmedawan wrote:hello
i need some serious help pls on this forum
i am british citizen and i got merried last month with with a refugee status lady and now she wants to change her status from refugee status to my spouse visa.
my question is
before i got merried she was taking all benfitis coz she entitled to take all benifits as a single mom as well and she is living in counicil flat but now i have been moved with her so she has stoped benifites and currently we r only taking benifites on the bases of child(child crdiet tax and half amount of housing(rent)we pay half rent.do we have to declare this housing benifit and will it effect our application because i have full time job and my salary is 21000/annual.
can we take this housing benifit
will these benifit effect our application ????
can we go for premium service for this case???
i will be very appreciate if some advice me on this topic
thnx
Its always better to give true full information about your current situation. It shouldn't affect your application at all as long as you meet all your FLR M requirement. Yes you can use Premium service.