ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR soon.. but baby born after abroad ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alxale

ILR soon.. but baby born after abroad ?

Post by alxale » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi Guys,

My wife is currently expecting and if we choose to have the baby outside UK, how do we then bring the baby back into the UK, and subsequently for settlement/citizen ?

My wife and I will be settled by then (but not British citizens)

Does anyone know if this is a quick and easy process or one that should be avoided ? Any experience is appreciated

The reason I am asking is because of the horror stories I have heard on NHS Maternity care in the UK and the private maternity fees are ridiculous. Back home, we could have 1st class maternity care with a hospital suite for a reasonable fee and also extended family support.

Thanks!

Alex

kimuinteractive
Newly Registered

Re: ILR soon.. but baby born after abroad ?

Post by kimuinteractive » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi
NHS Maternity care in Hampshire and Wiltshire(my friend) was extra-ordinary.
So am not sure why you want to have the baby abroad.

Your child will be direct citizen of UK if at the time of birth(if baby is born in UK only), both you and your wife are settled on the date of birth.

vinny

Re: ILR soon.. but baby born after abroad ?

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:50 pm

kimuinteractive wrote:Your child will be direct citizen of UK if at the time of birth(if baby is born in UK only), both you and your wife are settled on the date of birth.
Your child will be direct citizen of UK if at the time of birth(if baby is born in UK only), either you and your wife are settled on the date of birth.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.