ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA student CSI requirement for PR

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Exactus
Newly Registered

EEA student CSI requirement for PR

Post by Exactus » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I came to the UK in June 2012. I had started part-time work in June and then enrolled on Access to HE Diploma course in September while working part-time. I finished working in September 2013 when I started my full time university degree.
I was part time employed again during winter holidays 2013 and then summer holiday in 2014. Now I am in my second year and found out I need CSI. Have I lost 2 years towards my application for PR? Or just the one when I started my degree?
My mother is now applying for british citizenship (naturalisation) as she met all the requirements. Can this help in any way
my application? I am 22 and dependant on my mother as I live with her and she pays all the bills.

Thank you for any clarification :-)

herald2839
Newly Registered

Re: EEA student CSI requirement for PR

Post by herald2839 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Unfortunately from your post it seems that at best you have only ever exercised treaty rights briefly over holiday periods, i.e. you have no time accrued to count toward PR. If you are still a student, you should obtain CSIC immediately. This may be in the form of either private medical insurance or a non-UK EHIC.

It may be faster for you to naturalise as the son/daughter of a British Citizen. Post your question in the British citizenship or naturalization forums and you will likely get advice there.
Exactus wrote:Hi everyone,

I came to the UK in June 2012. I had started part-time work in June and then enrolled on Access to HE Diploma course in September while working part-time. I finished working in September 2013 when I started my full time university degree.
I was part time employed again during winter holidays 2013 and then summer holiday in 2014. Now I am in my second year and found out I need CSI. Have I lost 2 years towards my application for PR? Or just the one when I started my degree?
My mother is now applying for british citizenship (naturalisation) as she met all the requirements. Can this help in any way
my application? I am 22 and dependant on my mother as I live with her and she pays all the bills.

herald2839
Newly Registered

Re: EEA student CSI requirement for PR

Post by herald2839 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:40 pm

Unfortunately from your post it seems that at best you have only ever exercised treaty rights briefly over holiday periods, i.e. you have no time accrued to count toward PR. If you are still a student, you should obtain CSIC immediately. This may be in the form of either private medical insurance or a non-UK EHIC.

It may be faster for you to naturalise as the son/daughter of a British Citizen. Post your question in the British citizenship or naturalization forums and you will likely get advice there.
Exactus wrote:Hi everyone,