ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family member PR -urgent help required please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

closer25

EEA family member PR -urgent help required please

Post by closer25 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:08 pm

ive used a couple of days to check on the forum for information about ee3 application- am trying to help a friend as his English language is a barrier to expression-he is married to an eea for the past 8yrs his 5yr initial visa expires in jan 2015 and we looking at the options of pr for him

my only issue is his wife stopped working for about 2.5yrs to cater for their son who was born around that time and has since not worked- will this affect his pr though he works full time and has a substantial earning power please? also in this case is the medical insurance required for all five years should he decide to go for the pr on grounds of being self sufficient

am so sorry to be going on about , the eea stuff is all new to me,but any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much

closer25

Re: EEA family member PR -urgent help required please

Post by closer25 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Any help pls? thanks

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:35 pm

Has your friend wife been working 5 continuous year before the baby? if yes then she acquired PR before the break in employment thus your friend is ok to apply for PR with treaty right covering that period only. However if the answer is NO then did they apply for CSI during the 2.5 year?
GOD BLESS!!!

closer25

Post by closer25 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:40 am

fatimahh wrote:Has your friend wife been working 5 continuous year before the baby? if yes then she acquired PR before the break in employment thus your friend is ok to apply for PR with treaty right covering that period only. However if the answer is NO then did they apply for CSI during the 2.5 year?

Thanks so much for your response- really appreciated-
yes the eea national had worked for 5yrs prior to that, she isn't the one applying for pr though, its her husband who is from a non-eea area, does this case still apply please?

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:25 pm

[quote="closer25"]Thanks so much for your response- really appreciated-
yes the eea national had worked for 5yrs prior to that, she isn't the one applying for pr though, its her husband who is from a non-eea area, does this case still apply please?[/quote]

He has the proof that the wife was working during this period + the other requirements right? if Yes then this still apply for both of them. If he is not too confident, ask him to apply for the wife PR first and once obtained he can use her PR card + his own document to apply for his PR. it cost £55 only....
GOD BLESS!!!

closer25

Post by closer25 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:44 am

closer25 wrote:ive used a couple of days to check on the forum for information about ee3 application- am trying to help a friend as his English language is a barrier to expression-he is married to an eea for the past 8yrs his 5yr initial visa expires in jan 2015 and we looking at the options of pr for him

my only issue is his wife stopped working for about 2.5yrs to cater for their son who was born around that time and has since not worked- will this affect his pr though he works full time and has a substantial earning power please? also in this case is the medical insurance required for all five years should he decide to go for the pr on grounds of being self sufficient

am so sorry to be going on about , the eea stuff is all new to me,but any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much

Hello everyone, am sorry to bother you all again.....following the above post, ive now seen all the docs for my friend as he is closer to make the application- realised though his spouse started working in 2007 she wasn't on the WRS till may 2008- which means my anticipated 5yrs from 2007-2012 when she stopped working wouldn't suffice ....please correct me if am wrong.

So wanted to seek opinions on what other options my friend can have as his spouse ( married since 2005) is proving very difficult to go for the PR first. can he still try getting the PR or is there an option of extending as an eea family member? any help on this will be really appreciated. He is a very good person and hence me trying all means to help him due to his communication barrier. Thanks for even taking time to read, appreciated.

herald2839
Newly Registered

Post by herald2839 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:35 am

Your best bet is probably to investigate whether it is possible to argue convincingly that the EEA person was exercising some other treaty right for the period of time that they were not registered with the WRS. E.g. were they also financially self-sufficient and holding either private medical insurance or a non-UK EHIC (which would qualify them as a self-sufficient person), or were they self-employed (requires ability to generate substantial document trail of this)?

The non-EEA person's status is almost entirely dependent on that of the EEA person. So if the EEA person was not exercising treaty rights for a given period, neither was their non-EEA spouse.
closer25 wrote:
closer25 wrote:ive used a couple of days to check on the forum for information about ee3 application- am trying to help a friend as his English language is a barrier to expression-he is married to an eea for the past 8yrs his 5yr initial visa expires in jan 2015 and we looking at the options of pr for him

Hello everyone, am sorry to bother you all again.....following the above post, ive now seen all the docs for my friend as he is closer to make the application- realised though his spouse started working in 2007 she wasn't on the WRS till may 2008- which means my anticipated 5yrs from 2007-2012 when she stopped working wouldn't suffice ....please correct me if am wrong.

So wanted to seek opinions on what other options my friend can have as his spouse ( married since 2005) is proving very difficult to go for the PR first. can he still try getting the PR or is there an option of extending as an eea family member? any help on this will be really appreciated. He is a very good person and hence me trying all means to help him due to his communication barrier. Thanks for even taking time to read, appreciated.

closer25

Post by closer25 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:03 am

herald2839 wrote:Your best bet is probably to investigate whether it is possible to argue convincingly that the EEA person was exercising some other treaty right for the period of time that they were not registered with the WRS. E.g. were they also financially self-sufficient and holding either private medical insurance or a non-UK EHIC (which would qualify them as a self-sufficient person), or were they self-employed (requires ability to generate substantial document trail of this)?

The non-EEA person's status is almost entirely dependent on that of the EEA person. So if the EEA person was not exercising treaty rights for a given period, neither was their non-EEA spouse.
closer25 wrote:

my only issue is his wife stopped working for about 2.5yrs to cater for their son who was born around that time and has since not worked- will this affect his pr though he works full time and has a substantial earning power please? also in

this case is the medical insurance required for all five years should he decide to go for the pr on grounds of being self sufficient

Thanks very much herald2839 for your insightful response, unfortunately my friend advised non of the options above was done by his spouse, so can i ask, is it possible to renew his current 5yr visa, if so what form will that be please cos am looking at the other eea forms and non advises on extension on previous 5yr visa

again any help will be really appreciated. Thank you

closer25

Post by closer25 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Any advise please anyone? thank you