ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tao
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Tao » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:42 am

Daniel97 wrote:
Tao wrote:Hi everyone.
Allow me to get straight to the point .Here is my timeline. My first discretionary visa was granted on 17/10/ 2009 it was for three years. I applied for an extension on time on 26/09/12 but due to home office delays had to wait for roughly 12 months (one year) to be granted another three year extension on 22/09/13. My current visa expires on 21/09/2016 at which time it will be seven years since I was granted my first discretionary visa.

My question is when do I apply for indefinite leave to remain and how do I factor in the delays from the home office. Should I apply when I reach six years since I was first granted my first visa or do I have to wait until this current visa is about to expire. I would appreciate it if those in the know could help me out.

Happy Year to you all
Congrats to those who have been granted
Yes Toa,am in the same situation as you are
Just today i have written to my MP to clarify things before applying for Indefinite,
I was granted my first discretionary in July 2009,i applied for extension in June 2012,granted in July 2013,it took Home Office 13 months to grant the extension,
I have asked (8)different lawyers,they all say the same thing,that i should apply for indefinite as soon as i clock 6 years from the date of the first grant,as long as my extension was intime application,i am covered with 3C Leave,of immigration acts 1971,
Once i receive comfirmation from the MP,i will update everyone
Thanks for your reply @Daniel97, If you get extra information on this subject please let me know.

Cooldansel2014
Newly Registered

Post by Cooldansel2014 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi everyone, am glad to join this group, as i have been reading all the comments, and it has taught me alot. I therefore decided to register. b4 i ask a question, congrats to everyobe that has gotten their replies, and for thoes waiting, our positive reply is on its way! I applied for the parent of a british child, on the 10yrs route! Pls does the 10 years route require financial requirenments! As am not working and i dont have maintence to show. Thanks.

michaelcm
Newly Registered

Post by michaelcm » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:32 am

Cooldansel2014 wrote:Hi everyone, am glad to join this group, as i have been reading all the comments, and it has taught me alot. I therefore decided to register. b4 i ask a question, congrats to everyobe that has gotten their replies, and for thoes waiting, our positive reply is on its way! I applied for the parent of a british child, on the 10yrs route! Pls does the 10 years route require financial requirenments! As am not working and i dont have maintence to show. Thanks.
Greetings everyone here.
Cooldansel2014 please take a look at the form on this page..."https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _12-14.pdf"

You will not need any more requirements than are listed on that form. If you have all your passports since you arrived in GB, Passed life in uk and The English language, the better.
Good luck in your quest to settle ....

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:07 am

Hi there

I am using this forum from a while. I found it extremely helpful. I have a situation, shouldn't be new to most of you guys.

I have got ILR last year. I have got 2 kids they are British nationals now. 5 and 3 years old. My Mrs came into this country 8-9 years back. But she does not have any status in this country.Now we decided to apply for her.

As she not been back to her country for long time. Can she go back and apply from there as i am earning more than £19000 per year.
Any suggestions in my case if she goes back , Merits & Demerits and any consequences which can effect on the applications. As my both kids just started school this year so i am looking to send her this summer to see her family and apply from there as well.Kids need to join back school in September again.
I believe if she will granted visa from back home . it would be 5 years instead of apply inside the UK discretionary basis 10 years route.
She stayed in this country illegally for such a long time , could this be a worst effect on the considerations for the application.

I will highly appreciate for your expert advice and experiences.

Best Regards

kingin2015

Post by kingin2015 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:12 am

Cooldansel2014 wrote:Hi everyone, am glad to join this group, as i have been reading all the comments, and it has taught me alot. I therefore decided to register. b4 i ask a question, congrats to everyobe that has gotten their replies, and for thoes waiting, our positive reply is on its way! I applied for the parent of a british child, on the 10yrs route! Pls does the 10 years route require financial requirenments! As am not working and i dont have maintence to show. Thanks.
No it does not require financial requirement. However, decision will depend on your previous immigration status and degree of your relation to your British child.

kingin2015

Post by kingin2015 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:18 am

michaelcm wrote:
Greetings everyone here.
Cooldansel2014 please take a look at the form on this page..."https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _12-14.pdf"

You will not need any more requirements than are listed on that form. If you have all your passports since you arrived in GB, Passed life in uk and The English language, the better.
Good luck in your quest to settle ....
hey mate , Cooldansel2014 was asking about Family life as a parent 10 years route, NOT settlement on long (10 years) residence. !! please understand question properly before suggesting them.

newgirl123
Newly Registered

Post by newgirl123 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi everyone

I posted before that our appeal was adjourned and that we will get a new hearing date but it has been more than a month and we still have not received a new date.
Spoke to the solicitor and said that we just have to wait
is this normal?
what can we do?

Cooldansel2014
Newly Registered

Post by Cooldansel2014 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi everyone, trust you guyz are doing great! Thank you kingin2015 and michealcm for reply my question as shown below. Cooldansel2014 wrote:
Hi everyone, am glad to join this group, as i have been reading all the comments, and it has taught me alot. I therefore decided to register. b4 i ask a question, congrats to everyobe that has gotten their replies, and for thoes waiting, our positive reply is on its way! I applied for the parent of a british child, on the 10yrs route! Pls does the 10 years route require financial requirenments! As am not working and i dont have maintence to show. Thanks.

No it does not require financial requirement. However, decision will depend on your previous immigration status and degree of your relation to your British child.

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi Everyone
Just want to update my timeline.
We had a hearing at court on 19th January 2015.Judge said he will post the decision within 3-4 weeks. Just waiting for the decision.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:16 am

[quote="Rubablu"]Hi Everyone
We had a hearing at court on 19th January 2015.Judge said he will post the decision within 3-4 weeks. Just waiting for the decision.[/quote]

Hi Rubablu
I hope you will have good news from the Court. Just wondering where was your hearing? Was it in First Tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal.

Wish a good day.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:21 am

[quote="newgirl123"]Hi everyone

I posted before that our appeal was adjourned and that we will get a new hearing date but it has been more than a month and we still have not received a new date.
Spoke to the solicitor and said that we just have to wait
is this normal?
what can we do?[/quote]

Hi newgirl

I think your solicitors gave correct answer. I know some of them are waiting about 3/4 months for hearing date. But you might get a positive answer from HO before hearing, you never knows. Stay blessed.
Last edited by shareen24h on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:43 am

[quote="kingin2015"]hi everyone,

Just to let you know, i had peo today and visa was granted. Background-
Came to the UK 2009
extended several times as a tier 4 and recent was valid until feb 2015.
started relationship with british citizen 2012
got married in 2014 and we have a year old Son together who is british

Booked same day service , croydon peo
applied 14-01-2015
granted 14-01-2015

Applied as family life as a partner 10 years route but granted as family life as a parent 10 year route.

Cheers[/quote]

Congratulations.

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:09 am

[quote="Tuga"]Hi All,
Hope all is well with everyone, Happy new year!
After a very very long wait, my appeal is allowed.
I'm sure few of you will remember me. Had been a contributor to the thread, from 2012 with excellent contributors like Winners, sanny26, weedo, justice12, Walex, ale001, Keisha
Verbina etc..
Just want to share my timeline with everyone and pray it gives hope to anyone still waiting. My story is very long and might fill all the pages in this thread. For now please celebrate with me and thanks to everyone who in your small way has sent posts on the forum. When it all sank in I will post my story.

This is my timeline

Date Applied/Docs sent: 06/07/2012

Date Received Ack. Letter: 24/07/2012

Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 31/12/2012

Date Biometrics Done at PO : 31/12/2012

Application refused: August 2013 (with no right of Appeal)

Judicial review sent: November 2013

Request from treasury solicitor to withdraw JR for reconsideration: March, 2014 ( conditionality that refund my Barrister's fee and decision made within 3months plus a right of appeal)

Reconsideration refused: June 2014 (with right of appeal)

Appeal date: 19th November 2014

Appeal adjourned to April 2015.

Requested for earlier date, and was granted new appeal date 23 December.

Judge allowed Appeal: January 7th 2015

Visa Type : FLR(0)[/quote]

Hi Tuga

Just read your post. Big big congratulation. Wish a good day.

Shareen

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:40 pm

[quote="shareen24h"][quote="Tuga"]Hi All,
Hope all is well with everyone, Happy new year!
After a very very long wait, my appeal is allowed.
I'm sure few of you will remember me. Had been a contributor to the thread, from 2012 with excellent contributors like Winners, sanny26, weedo, justice12, Walex, ale001, Keisha
Verbina etc..
Just want to share my timeline with everyone and pray it gives hope to anyone still waiting. My story is very long and might fill all the pages in this thread. For now please celebrate with me and thanks to everyone who in your small way has sent posts on the forum. When it all sank in I will post my story.

This is my timeline

Date Applied/Docs sent: 06/07/2012

Date Received Ack. Letter: 24/07/2012

Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 31/12/2012

Date Biometrics Done at PO : 31/12/2012

Application refused: August 2013 (with no right of Appeal)

Judicial review sent: November 2013

Request from treasury solicitor to withdraw JR for reconsideration: March, 2014 ( conditionality that refund my Barrister's fee and decision made within 3months plus a right of appeal)

Reconsideration refused: June 2014 (with right of appeal)

Appeal date: 19th November 2014

Appeal adjourned to April 2015.

Requested for earlier date, and was granted new appeal date 23 December.

Judge allowed Appeal: January 7th 2015

Visa Type : FLR(0)[/quote]

Hi Tuga

Just read your post. Big big congratulation. Wish a good day.

Shareen[/quote]

Hi Tuga

Have received your BRP cards.

Stay blessed.
Thanks

Shareen

Cooldansel2014
Newly Registered

Post by Cooldansel2014 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:09 am

Hi everyone! Pls does the home office still use dx to deliver biometric cards.

Britchick
Newly Registered

Post by Britchick » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:30 pm

shareen24h wrote:
kingin2015 wrote:hi everyone,

Came to the UK 2009

applied 14-01-2015
granted 14-01-2015

Applied as family life as a partner 10 years route but granted as family life as a parent 10 year route.

Cheers
Congratulations.
Congrats! Just wondering, as were in the same situation...why were you granted a parent route instead if your living with your wife?

Thanks

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi
First I need phone number to enquire the latest update on my FLR (FP) application.
Secondly I need to send some additional documents. Can some body know the address where I can send these documents.
Thanks

kingin2015

Post by kingin2015 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:34 pm

Britchick wrote:
shareen24h wrote:
kingin2015 wrote:hi everyone,

Came to the UK 2009

applied 14-01-2015
granted 14-01-2015

Cheers
Congratulations.
Congrats! Just wondering, as were in the same situation...why were you granted a parent route instead if your living with your wife?

Thanks
i know this is so weird, they should grant me family life as a partner 10 years route. I dont meet most of the requirements of parent route so clearly this is a mistake from caseworker. However, i am still waiting for my biometric card, should be here by now but i dont know why i havent got it yet. i am hoping that i will get my card with correct route on it.

The reply letter home office says you applied as a parent and i have satisfied all the requirement, but this is not true I applied as a Partner.
Have you applied yet or thinking?

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:45 pm

[quote="rosazeet"]Hi
First I need phone number to enquire the latest update on my FLR (FP) application.
Secondly I need to send some additional documents. Can some body know the address where I can send these documents.
Thanks[/quote]

Hi Rosazeet

See the link below for HO inquire.
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/visas-and-settlement

Secondly I think you can sent your additional documents the address where you sent your application first by quoting your HO reference number.

Thanks
Shareen

Britchick
Newly Registered

Post by Britchick » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:06 am

Thanks[/quote]

i know this is so weird, they should grant me family life as a partner 10 years route. I dont meet most of the requirements of parent route so clearly this is a mistake from caseworker. However, i am still waiting for my biometric card, should be here by now but i dont know why i havent got it yet. i am hoping that i will get my card with correct route on it.

The reply letter home office says you applied as a parent and i have satisfied all the requirement, but this is not true I applied as a Partner.
Have you applied yet or thinking?[/quote]

Oh i see, does seem odd. Yes we have applied for 10 year partner route through post as we are married and have a British child but still waiting. Just curious as to what he might get. But anything would be good at the moment lol!

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:37 am

[quote="shareen24h"][quote="rosazeet"]Hi
Thanks[/quote]

Hi Rosazeet

See the link below for HO inquire.
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/visas-and-settlement

Secondly I think you can sent your additional documents the address where you sent your application first by quoting your HO reference number.

Thanks
Shareen[/quote]

New Update

Hundreds of children refused British citizenship on character grounds.

Link

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/hundred ... r-grounds/

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:38 am

Good character citizenship criteria quietly tightened up.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/good-ch ... htened-up/

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:40 am

Hundreds of children refused British citizenship on character grounds.

https://www.freemovement.org.uk/hundred ... r-grounds/

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:47 pm

shareen24h wrote:
Rubablu wrote:Hi Everyone
We had a hearing at court on 19th January 2015.Judge said he will post the decision within 3-4 weeks. Just waiting for the decision.
Hi Rubablu
I hope you will have good news from the Court. Just wondering where was your hearing? Was it in First Tier Tribunal or Upper Tribunal.
Wish a good day.
Hi shareen24h
Thanks for wish. Our hearing was in Barmingham First Tier Tribunal. Just waiting.Thanks

jimiboy2004
Newly Registered

Post by jimiboy2004 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:52 pm

hi all

Could someone please tell me the number to call the Home Office if i want to find out about my case that is still pending thank you in advance